Orlando Fla..Any cool record stores or music related stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by gkella, Jan 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement Thread Starter

I will be heading to Orlando in a couple of weeks to visit my daughter.
    Anyone familiar with the area know where to buy vinyl, CDs.
    Any cool stores selling band tee shirts, cool music related stuff.

2. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

I haven't been to Orlando in a few years, but I always enjoyed Park Ave CDs in Winter Park. The recent arrivals bin usually has a pretty good used selection.
    The other big store in the area is Rock n Roll Heaven, which is mostly overpriced classic rock. However, they have a bargain room full of classical records that can occasionally yield a gem, they don't check the classical to see which ones are rare/valuable.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, head out to Clermont and go to Triangle Vinyl, definitely one of the better stores in the state.

3. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Rock N Roll Heaven has been overpriced for decades. There were pretty good ones in Palm Beach and Martin County decades ago but they all went under. The flea markets were great but the ones open now stink. Everything is looked up. Time Florida with a record convention.

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I remember in the good old days 15 years ago I spent two-three hours at Rock N Roll Heaven and went through every single record that they had. I left with only one 45. Skimpy selection and overpriced. But I'm from LA and we are spoiled anyway. But what a drag that was.

5. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

I did that in '86, I bought near nothing but lo0ked at his lunch boxes and games. There was one store in Melbourne that had nothing good.....I found out later he sold everything good to a Tampa dealer every month or eBayed them. You'd run the store of clunker commons for nothing. Las Vegas is like Florida now.....you'd have to spend the day at Big B's, J-Mar's, Record Citys.....now nothing but a joke.

6. SPF2001

SPF2001 a must to avoid

Drive to Tampa and hit Sound Exchange.

black sheriff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.