Other than film D.V.D.s what D.V.D.s do you watch/are you watching/did you last watch?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HorseyAnn, Sep 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I've watched a few episodes of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" on DVD.

2. HorseyAnn

HorseyAnn Equine-loving, rhyme-artist Thread Starter

I've just watched Benidorm series 4 on DVD.

3. I play the three official Van Halen DVD's (the Third is Video Hits) at least of twice or three times a year. The sad and ufortunate death of Eddie and that I had the day off made me play the three DVD's and several Van Halen albums on that day.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  4. HorseyAnn

It's good that you like the DVD's that much that you take time to play them a few times a year. It was sad. It's good that you celebrated his life through so much of his music.

(By the way, I love your avatar. He looks like 1 of my old dogs did.)

Kiko1974 likes this.
  5. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Concert for George (concert disc)
    Ren and Stimpy Seasons 1-2. (Fan Club is a fave! Also, Rubber Nipple Salesmen).
    Aimee Mann Live at some venue. St Anne’s? Anyhow, very good, rocking Aimee.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  6. HorseyAnn

The music DVDs sound good.

7. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Concert for George is a rare multi-star show where everyone has their **** together. They did George proud and there are a few tunes that a truly tear inducing for me.

8. HorseyAnn

That's great.

9. Thanks for your compliments to Lisy. Unfortunately she passed 3 years ago when she was only 13, she was a real sweetheart, we were match souls for sure, I've always had a dog and never had such special relationship, understanding and loved each other so much as with her.
    Since then, we got Elsa, a Turkish Water Dog that we adopted from the local kennel, she's very loyal and lovable, but she's my father's dog. A year later I got a small maltese bichon, Cora. As I'm a disabled person and one of my disabilities is that I got my both shoulders almost destroyed on an accident, I wanted a small dog I could walk but couldn't pull too much so she could hurt my shoulders and arms. A first for me but there was no chemistry between Cora, the maltese bichon and me. Even if she was a small puppie, she didn't want to stay with me and left to be with my father and Elsa.
    I then got a job after 8 years of being unemployed but it was at another town. Needless to say I accepted the job. That's the first time I was living without a dog but on mid August I decided to put an end to that and get a dog. In my family we like Teckels,we've had a long hair Teckel, Laika, wonderfull dog, and a short hair Teckel, Tara that was hyperactive, as most of these dogs are, and she was a bit crazy in a good way. But my parents never wanted to have a wire hair Teckel, so that's what I went for.
    I got on late August a wonderful 4 months old wire hair Teckel, Lua (Moon on Galician, the local native languaje of Nortwestern Spain), she has surpassed all my expectations. She's beautiful, very clever, very very cheerful, she's a fast lerner, I call her in a funny way "my velcro" as she's always sticked to me when I´m sitting on the sofa watching TV or a movie. She's absolutely gourgeous, an amazing, beautiful and lovable dog.
    Sorry for the off topic.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  10. HorseyAnn

You're welcome. I'm very sorry to hear that she's no longer with you. I come from a dog family too. My parents had the 1st dog I knew before they had me. My Gran always had a dog too.

Since the 1st dog I ever knew which was a lurcher, we've had a golden retriever/Labrador cross & a bearded collie/Alsatian cross who just had the same face as your dog. We rescued him from being drowned. He was lovely. He was a right fuss-pot. He used to sit on your feet so you couldn't move & put your hand over his head with his nose so you had to stroke him. He wasn't very obedient but was brilliant with children. He lived to be 18.

It's o.k. I love dogs & enjoyed reading your dog stories. Your dogs sound nice. In fact I love all animals except snakes. I've had dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, goldfish, parrots, canaries, zebra finches, lovebirds & guinea pigs as pets. Obviously not all at the same time though as some of these animals would have had the others for dinner. Some of these animals were rescued.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  11. HorseyAnn

I've just watched a DVD about steam trains.

12. HorseyAnn

I've just watched a DVD about the Mallard. I was interesting.

13. Grand_Ennui

Do you mean a mallard duck?

14. HorseyAnn

No, I meant the Mallard steam train.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  15. HorseyAnn

I've just watched the BBC TV adaptation of Emma with Michael Gambon as Mr. Woodhouse on DVD.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  16. HorseyAnn

I've just watched a DVD on Appleton Horse Fair & the TV adaptation of Mansfield Park with Billy Piper as Fanny Price.

17. HorseyAnn

Today I watched A History of Britain by Simon Schama on DVD & a BBC TV adaptation of Northanger Abbey.

18. HorseyAnn

I've just watched a BBC TV adaptation of Persuasion.

19. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Have watched Us+Them twice, the film based on Roger Waters' recent world tour. Very interesting concept -- a seamless interweaving of an impressionistic film about a Syrian refugee, with Roger's concert performance in Amsterdam. It's an incredible piece, with 2+ hours of (mostly) classic Pink Floyd music, along with Roger's heartfelt humanitarian activism. Maybe the best concert video I've ever seen.

HorseyAnn likes this.
  20. HorseyAnn

I've just watched the last BBC TV adaptation of Sense & sensibility on DVD.

21. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

The Return Of The Saint (ITV, 1977-79). Complete DVD series boxset.

My favourite show when I was 8 years old. I had the Corgi die-cast car, the annual....

Yes it's all a bit dated but still looks stylish, and very enjoyable. Ian Ogilvy was very dashing. And some lovely ladies so far!

EG.

22. HorseyAnn

I've just watched the T.V. adaptation of Catherine Cookson's "A dinner of herbs" on DVD.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  23. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

I'm all about the old TV show DVD's - just finished The Six Million Dollar Man series, starting on Brady Bunch: The Complete Series.

Grand_Ennui and HorseyAnn like this.
  24. Grand_Ennui

More "South Park" on DVD...

25. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

I've been watching the first season of ABC's Peyton Place, which is weird because I've never been into soap operas. I can't get over how good Barbara Parkins looked back in the day, and then there's Ryan O'Neal, for whom I think the term "insufferably preening peacock" was invented. And I'll never understand what the fuss about Mia Farrow was all about----I mean, Frank freakin' Sinatra married her? Oy vey!!! o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.