Our Day Will Come - Ruby & the Romantics (Univeral Japan reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by smallworld, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallworld

smallworld Forum Resident Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    Release Date: 2015-08-26
    Publisher Product Code: UICY-77432

Did anyone pick up a copy of this 2015 reissue of Ruby and the Romantics debut? I believe it may well be the only dedicated reissue thus far of their material in mono, outside of a few tracks on various artists compilations (e.g. Ace's London American Label - Year By Year series).

2. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

No... but I have an original and it's a fantastic album!

Dude111 and smallworld like this.
  3. smallworld

Is this a needledrop? I can't think how else to explain the crackle...

Sample_01 - Clyp »

4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

While I appreciate the heads-up regarding their first album's reissue on CD in MONO, it sadly doesn't include my favorite song by them, which is "Young Wings Will Fly". Ruby is the only surviving member of this group and she only lives about twenty minutes from me.

5. smallworld

You can find "Young Wings Can Fly" in mono on the Ace CD "The London American Label Year By Year - 1963".

6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Thanks for reminding me, as I've got that disc and most of that series from ACE, but I almost always forget about them for some reason?

7. smallworld

Perhaps because they're rather a jumble to US ears - a disparate collection of American recordings that just happened to be licensed by the same UK label.

Has anyone give this a listen? It's sourced from the Universal Japan CD reissue of the aforementioned LP and I'm keen to know if the consensus is that it's a needledrop.

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I just got the original KAPP mono release and yes ITS GOREGOUS.... Every song is insane!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.