SH Spotlight Our favorite pictures of THE BEATLES, post them here..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dotwacky

dotwacky Forum Resident

It's actually the same photo airbrushed to bring Paul's head more to the fore and to bring the heads closer altogether (and I think they added black to the bottom of the photo). Why is it that Avedon didn't sue EMI, even assuming he was paid for its usage. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't condone a bastardization of one of his photos. He just seemed like that kind of guy. Maybe I'm being ridiculous.

2. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

A few favorites:

Attached Files:

3. Mike Ga

Mike Ga Formerly meredrums and MikeG

Wow. Lot's of great pics! The later shot's without John hurt, though..

4. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

It is...but there's so many Threetles pix where the others really look like they are enjoying one another again...and seeing Paul with his arm on George seems quite touching to me. Ron

Attached Files:

5. Lance Hall

Lance Hall Senior Member

Paul looks a bit chipmunky in the 1994-5 'reunion' pics, his jowls are hanging. It's obvious since then that he's has some tightening or sumptin.

I had NEVER seen the smiling version of the 'With The Beatles' cover before now. All these pics are too cool, a lot are new to me.

6. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

Before and after.

7. Yep the buzz cut picture is a touched up one. It came on one of the early black and white Beatle cards. Not caring if they would be collectable sometime in the future I used masking tape to tape them into a book which is one of the few possessions I still have from that time 40 years ago, lol! I also taped a few magazine photos of the fab four into the same book. The masking tape is yellowed but still holding fast! Here's a few more pics from the book.

Attached Files:

8. Hamburg and the Cave

Some of my favorite Beatles photos are ones taken before Epstein got ahold of them and prettified them. These are from Mike McCartney's book Thank U Very Much - Mike McCartney's Family Album.

Attached Files:

9. More pre Ringo days photos, all from Mike McCartney's book except that last one. The first is at the Cave with Gene Vincent. Second at the Tower Ballroom. Three is Pete Best asking Paul and John: "who's drum kit is this?". Four is on the roof of the Bambi kino in Hamburg. Five is in Hamburg.

Attached Files:

10. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

In his dreams...

Attached Files:

11. mdpierocarey

mdpierocarey Forum Resident

I got a little lost here, and can't tell which photo you mean. The horses? The rowboat? But I think I have a date for you...

The only day I know of when the 4 took a day off from touring in southern Missouri was September 19-20, 1964. They stayed overnight at the Pigman ranch near Alton, MO.

Cheers,
    Doug Piero Carey

12. Earliest pic of John, Paul, and George playing

Last and not least is the earliest picture of George, John, Paul and out of the picture Dennis playing together in Aunt Jin's Dinah's Lane back room. I couldn't fit Dennis in the scan. Quarrymen era.

Attached Files:

13. Wilkie

Wilkie New Member

Might as well go all the way...

Attached Files:

14. "Might as well go all the way."

Lol! Ringo kinda looks like Tele Sevalis with no hair. :agree:

Larry

15. TheNomadicSoul

TheNomadicSoul Active Member

goo goo g'joob!

16. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I've got the poster below hanging in my home office; the photo seems to have been taken in the same shoot as the one above.

17. posieflump

posieflump New Member

Christ, Ron - are you trying to give me a heart attack? I certainly wasn't expecting the "With The Beatles" shot. Never seen that one before. Cheers!

I seem to recall seeing a book of photographs by Robert Freeman in a bookshop years ago in which the back cover was the negative of the "With The Beatles" cover pic, though.

18. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

I got this one off the web and it's in post #53.

[​IMG]

19. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

And neither have I.

Such a good shot too.

I like it!

20. Wilkie

Wilkie New Member

Ringo watches as George puts the moves on Helen Shapiro...

Attached Files:

21. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

http://www.snortworld.com/dl/beatles_klein.jpg

September 20, 1969. John, Paul and Ringo with Alan Klein. AFAIK this is the day John told the band he was quitting. In a way these photos were taken on the day the Beatles ceased to exist (sort of)...

22. John Carsell

Well from the looks of things, it appears that Lennon hadn't dropped the bomb yet that day.

23. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Does anyone know if any photos of the 1/3/70 I Me Mine "threetles" session exist? What about the I'm The Greatest session? I would think that somebody snapped some photos during that session...

24. Looks nice in color!

25. John Carsell

Did you mean 1/3/70? They also recorded on 1/4/70 as well.

Was wondering the same thing about photos from those sessions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.