Ozark (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dmiller458, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Well, just a few more posts and we get some more people watching Ozark.

GodShifter and Bender Rodriguez like this.
  2. @Deesky @GodShifter, so while I'm waiting for the next season of Ozark, what should I watch next?

I just finished up Bloodline. Pretty damn good.

I'm watching The Handmaid's Tale, but that's with the wife (four episodes in and it's both excellent and disturbing).

I need a show to watch on the weekends when I'm a little buzzed and everyone's asleep. That's MY time, because I don't have too much time during the week to watch TV, which is also why I'm always behind on streaming shows.

Last night I was contemplating The Killing, Longmire, Sons of Anarchy, and I might get a free month of Amazon to watch Justified. How about House of Cards?

Late at night I like those dark dramas.

The Dark is up next, but that's one my wife wants to watch, too, along with that show on Hulu, The Path.

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I quite liked The Killing, don't watch the others you mentioned except House Of Cards. HoC is kinda good early on, but for me, is ultimately frustrating to watch because F.U. becomes some kind of invincible/untouchable figure and many of the plot threads are not believable. I'll still catch the last season now with the cast reshuffle, which could shake things up.

Shows that I've liked a lot include: Big Little Lies, Sneaky Pete, 13 Reasons Why, The End of the F***ing World, Inside No. 9, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Mindhunter, Bojack Horsman, Master of None, Legion, Westworld, The Expanse, Humans, Line of Duty.

To name a few! :)

GodShifter and EVOLVIST like this.
  4. Good stuff. I'm looking for a little grit like Ozark, though. I've already been in on Westworld, Mindhunter, The End of the F***king World. Those are all good.

No comedies. I'm looking for the drama for late nights.

I saw the first episode of The Killing last night and liked it.

Oh, and I finished up Glitch, on Netflix, which is pretty good, but not totally top-flight. Almost, though. There's a French show, I forget the name, that looks pretty good, too. Not Les Revenants, which was super fantastic! It's another. I can't recall the name.

5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Gritty for late night, buzzed, I'd go for SOA and Justified.

bababooey and EVOLVIST like this.
  6. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

For grit i’d recommend Peaky Blinders (great soundtrack as a bonus).

For even more grit, Gomorrah, if you can handle subtitles.

blind_melon1 likes this.
  7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Definitely recommend “Peaky Blinders”, “Justified”, and “Sons of Anarchy”. Of those three, I’d recommend “Justified” first. “The Expanse” is good and I liked “Wormwood” too.

Brenald79 and EVOLVIST like this.
  8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

When's S02 start?!

9. 2018. :D

Until then there's Better Call Saul & Preacher.

Good times!

10. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

so antsy for this show to begin season 2! might be my favorite series i have found in the last 2-3 years. bateman, linney, and the young bad girl are excellent! bring it on!

SomeCallMeTim and EVOLVIST like this.
  11. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

When ?

kanakaris likes this.
  12. anti PC.

anti PC. Forum Resident

Is it just me or does every show now a days have to have a character with his type of lifestyle in it? Gets really annoying.

Gumboo likes this.
  13. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

14. Ozark Season 2 trailer.

The best show on TV and it only has 5 pages. For shame.

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

As Phil Walden said about the Allman Brothers Band in 1969, " Enough of the right people get it ! "

16. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Really liked Season 1 and looking forward to Season 2, even though the show looks little like the real Ozarks.

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Official trailer out:

18. Very bleak looking. I like it.

Somewhere, out there, is a cyan world for me.

RoyalScam likes this.
  19. So, I've been rewatching Season 1, getting ready to Season 2 this Friday, the 31st of August, 2018.

It's really very good the second time around. They compressed a lot of story into these few episodes. It's a true journey. This and Narcos (maybe Bloodline) is the best original series that Netflix has put out.

One thing I noted, though, is that the dialog is completely unbelievable, so far as nobody speaks that way. It's too perfect, like Mad Men, where everybody says the most clever thing at all times.

Do I count off points for that? Maybe .5 of a point, as, conversely, the dialog is also very good in that Mad Men kind of way. So, I guess you just take it at face value and roll with it, without thinking too much about it.

Opeth and GodShifter like this.
  20. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

if you like Ozark, take a look at Mindhunter. i go back and forth between the 2 for best Netflix original.

21. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Who's going to be up at midnight to binge?

22. I've seen Mindhunter. It's very damn good. Have you seen Narcos?

These are by far the best shows on Netflix. Honorable mention to Stranger Things, but that's really just popcorn TV.

I'm about to finish Ep. 5, again. I can't full-on binge, but then again I don't have to start the new season tomorrow.

GodShifter likes this.
  23. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Never saw this until I watched the first 2 episodes this morning. I almost gave up half way through the pilot, then it hooked me. Will probably binge both season this long weekend.

Bender Rodriguez and EVOLVIST like this.
  24. Yeah, I remember watching the first episode and not caring for it. Mostly because checking out Marty Bird, I kept thinking, "Nobody acts like that." I told my wife that and she convinced me to watch one more. I was hooked.

It didn't take me long to really enjoy Marty's character. So much so, that Jason Bateman is an absolute magnet on the screen. He's doing an outstanding job, in addition to directing several of the episodes. In fact, as good as the other actors are, Bateman makes the show.

It's not as if he's showing a tremendous amount of range, either. It's just that he's so damned convincing! So, yeah, I guess some people do act like that...or, at the very least, Bateman has convinced me that at least one guy is that calm and collected on the outside, though me may boil on the inside. It's a good trait to posses.

25. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

This is probably a stupid question, but one thing I always wondered, who emails him the video of his wife in the pilot?

SomeCallMeTim likes this.