Ozzy Osbourne vinyl box set due November 19

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ghost of Ziggy, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

My email said it would ship on or around the 24th. So seems to line up.

wolfyboy3 and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Mine shipped today. See you on the other side.

Jam757, Matthew Tate and wolfyboy3 like this.
  3. wolfyboy3

wolfyboy3 99 Red Balloons Go By...

I got a notification today that my order shipped. But so far USPS has not received my order yet.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

seems like a nice but pricey set. Looking forward to reviews and hoping the price drops ( wishful) in the future.
    Would love a cd box of the same, with just the music.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. wolfyboy3

I don't foresee the price going down. A cd set would be nice. I hope I don't regret my purchase!

GentleSenator and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. SlowSteve

SlowSteve Forum Resident

Anyone else received yet?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. wolfyboy3

Did you get yours? Mine is scheduled for delivery next week. Would like to hear your impressions if you got it already!

8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I am interested in any feedback - as I held off purchasing this set for the price if it isn't up to snuff. If it good or special, I might buy it (assuming there are some left).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Vinyl Richie

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

10. SlowSteve

SlowSteve Forum Resident

Yessir, mine arrived a while ago.
    Well packaged and all of my LPs are flat.....except one has a nearly imperceptible edge ripple.
    I was concerned about the shipping container arriving all bent up, but it was fine.
    Then I was more worried about warped records.....have had some tough luck with new vinyl.
    I've only played a couple so far and SQ is fine.
    Album covers seem to be a thinner card stock, most have liner notes/lyrics on the paper sleeves.
    I think this set was worth every dollar.

been trying to post pictures but cant figure it out yet .....LOL

11. SlowSteve

SlowSteve Forum Resident

12. Vinyl Richie

I got mine a little while ago. #3001. Really nice set.
    Vinyl all looks beautiful. Not a big fan of the top load box set, especially when the set weighs 25 pounds. I also think for the price, the vinyl should not be housed in paper sleeves. Other than that, visually and aesthetically this is awesome. I’ll check back later when I’ve had a chance to listen to everything!

13. Paul Beatty

Paul Beatty Forum Resident

Looking forward to hearing some reviews of this set.

wolfyboy3 and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

Anyone check if the originals or 2002 versions were used for Blizzard, Diary, and Bark? If Blizzard and Diary are the original versions, has anyone compared them to the 2011 180 grams?

Is the version of “You Looking at Me Looking at You” the original, the 1984 remix with cowbell, or the 2002 with cowbell?

Jam757, fishcane and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

"I got a fever, and the only..."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

sandimascharvel and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Dhpeck

Dhpeck Forum Resident

received mine today, number 3491. so just how limited is this set? I could be justifying, but I think this set is worth $500. Starting with Blizzard and working from there. I'll have to compare to original releases. I'll probably continue to play my original releases when the Ozman calls and go to this boxset for the albums I don't own.

17. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

Thought I would see some cool unboxing videos- but so far haven't. Still looking forward to how this box sounds.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’m out of town but apparently mine has been delivered as well. Should be fun to get home tomorrow.

Matthew Tate and Vinyl Richie like this.
  19. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Yes where’s zakk opening his box

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Vinyl Richie

I thought about doing an unboxing video, but would feel inauthentic since I opened immediately after receiving. This set is the bomb.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Vinyl Richie

Here is another review that was just listed on Discogs:

Hands down, no ********, this is the best packaged boxset I've ever seen. The first few albums all use the original mixes and not the re-recorded ones. I've had a chance to A/B compare them to the original pressings as well. You aren't missing a thing with these. Arguably these pressings are even better. Ozzmosis and I Just Want You instantly brought me chills. I found myself screaming right along to the Ozzman. Don't sleep on getting this set. If it's strictly limited to 4500 you are going to regret not buying it soon enough. As a guide my set is #3193 and I just pre-ordered a week before release date. They may be all gone already.

22. SlowSteve

SlowSteve Forum Resident

I'm thinking that order date vs. set number doesn't have any correlation.
    Discogs reviewer ordered their set a week or so ago and recieved #3193, while I ordered mine Oct. 6 and have #4055.

Meanwhile, I still havent seen anything definitive about how limited this box set is.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. hitmanhart408

hitmanhart408 Forum Resident

Early reviews have me interested. I was pretty unhappy after the new Black Sabbath box so I didn't want to take a chance on this boxset but now maybe

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Vinyl Richie

This set is limited to 4500 according to multiple sources including Ozzy’s Facebook page and the Sony Legacy website.

Ozzy Osbourne - 'See You On The Other Side' | Sony Music Legacy Recordings UK | Official Website

Matthew Tate and SlowSteve like this.
  25. SlowSteve

SlowSteve Forum Resident

Matthew Tate likes this.