Ozzy Osbourne’s New Album - "Patient Number 9" September 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OzzyIsDio, Jun 16, 2021.

1. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic Thread Starter

Jimmy Page turned down offer to play on Ozzy’s new album.

Sean, JRose and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I’ve never seen this video before but somebody did a good job putting it together. I did read about the auto pen when it happened. That was a crappy thing to do to people that were buying signed CD’s and cassettes.
    I’m still under the belief that my LP with the signed lithograph is authentic. I compared my Ozzy signature with the ones in the video and it’s nothing like them. I need to figure out how to post the picture here. Regardless, I have the Ozzy box set with Ozzy’s signature so I got one either way.

Matthew Tate and The Trinity like this.
  3. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Every time you buy a Ozzy record you indorse the cheapness.
    You also reward them for some really shady behavior.
    Has Jake gotten paid yet ?
    Lee is gone spit on in his grave.
    Have at it.

4. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Alice Cooper runs rings around them both.

QQQ, Anonamemouse, Larry L and 3 others like this.
  5. theshape

theshape Forum Resident

So three of the hardest working seniors in rock then. Good call. :edthumbs:

6. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Pretty sure you can say something like this about every band you have liked through your entire life.
    Every band has their dark corners, shady dealings and backstage embarrassments.

And Jake is on record saying he doesn't want the money, he just wants the writing credit.

7. OzzyIsDio

So don’t buy it.

8. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Agreed! I love Ozzy with all my heart, but haven't liked/bought anything since Down to Earth. The new single "Goodbye" is horrendous IMO. But...8 legendary Sabbath albums and 7 legendary to very good solo albums, what more can we ask for. He's given us decades of great music.

OzzyIsDio and Gus Tomato like this.
  9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

they have released a new single already?

10. Andersoncouncil

Not 100% sure it's out as a single, but the Ozzy's Boneyard Sirius station has been playing it regularly. It could be exclusive to them.

Matthew Tate and OzzyIsDio like this.
  11. OzzyIsDio

Thanks for sharing.

Matthew Tate and Andersoncouncil like this.
  12. thesilverbeatles

thesilverbeatles Raise a SMiLE for me.

I've been an 'on and off' Ozzy fan for years. To be clear, I've never disliked him or anything, I just go through periods of listening to him and then I leave it for six months. I've never been on a deep dive. My brother was always playing his songs around the house while I was growing up- he'd show me funny clips on YouTube and I remember watching the TV show. All I really knew as a kid was that he was a 'legend', because my brother told me so. Crazy Train is one of my favourite songs. When Ordinary Man came out, I was excited, because it was the first time I could really appreciate new music from him during the time it was actually released. I enjoyed a few songs on that one, and I salute him for working at his age, when he has no need to. Especially when you think about his health problems.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this because of his age, after lessons learned from McCartney III, but I'm sure there will be a few gems on there that'll get added to my rotation.
    I love being involved in album launches, release rumours etc!
    :)

13. Matthew Tate

wow , thanks i'll see if i can find it. thank you

fishcane likes this.
  14. MassHysteria

MassHysteria Music Lover

I enjoyed a few tracks off of Ordinary Man, but holy hell is the volume/dr nuts on it. An average of 3?? Come on. Very easy to hear the distortion. Hoping this next release isn’t ruined like that.

Deuce66 and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. Andersoncouncil

I'm not 100 percent sure it is new or a soundtrack, or bside or from a previous album but I've heard it a lot lately. The song is called Goodbye.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Matthew Tate

i found it. its on the 2020 album

fishcane likes this.
  17. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Goodbye is a track on Ordinary Man

18. Album is coming out in September

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I agree the mastering was a complete hatchet job, it killed the album for me.

20. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

Aw man, that would have been great. He hasn't done much since Led Zeppelin, which is unfortunate for me, since he is my favorite guitarist.

OzzyIsDio and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. OzzyIsDio

Thanks for the info!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. Many Clouds

Many Clouds Forum Resident

The single Ordinary Man was decent , but I’ve not explored the rest of that album. Not sure what to expect from his new album. I’ve not been a fan of his solo stuff for a while now. I don’t listen to his more memorable stuff that much now either, although I still listen to sabbath a lot . No surprise Jimmy page refused, but was he even asked ? He should have asked Ritchie Blackmore.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I also agree however I still enjoy Ordinary Man because I think the music is pretty good. It would've been a lot better if the mastering were better. It's always best when it's great music combined with great mastering and the quality of the pressing (or digital media). I say this because you can go to MoFi.com right now and order a bunch of pricey records with amazing sound quality but I could care less about The Young Rascals or ELO.

Ozzy can still sing! He isn't going to produce another DOAM or BOZ but he's still extremely talented which is incredible at his age. Consider Vince Neil, David Lee Roth and Jon Bon Jovi. Those guys are criminals for selling tickets to fans when they can't even perform anymore. They can't even record new material. Ozzy still delivers in every way. Just my humble opinion.

So I'm looking forward to the new one and I'm personally grateful we get one more. I thought Ordinary Man was going to be the last for Ozzy. Every additional release we get from him is a gift because that crazy guy probably should've died decades ago.

24. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I would say that you would consider the rest of the album decent if that is your ranking for the single ordinary man. Consider this. Most sites that rank his albums has everything in the previous decade ranked worse than Ordinary Man. See this link: Ozzy Osbourne Albums Ranked

I know a lot of fans want to hear something that resembles that start of his career. It's not going to happen. Everything has changed. He's not that the same person and music has changed as well. I personally like the maturity in the lyrics and his willingness to experiment with out genres on Ordinary Man. "It's a Raid" and "Take What You Want" are fantastic tracks in my opinion. He's not perfect on the album. "Scary Little Green Men" is so cheesy that you could swear that it was written by Alice Cooper (I'm not dissing Alice. He's my favorite artist but he does write some cheesy stuff at times).

Anyway, consider giving it a listen. Even Loudwire had some good things to say about it. But I would say skip it if you're looking for Blizzard of OZ because you will find no evidence of it.

25. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

I don’t know about the other two guys but David Lee Roth is constantly in and out of Henson Recording Studios, has an album with John 5 made (that hopefully some day will come out!) and always has new music on his YouTube channel.

Matthew Tate likes this.