Packages from UK delayed - anyone else having this problem?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by gillcup, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

That's unbelievable! Royal Mail is making the USPS look good!

Thanks for the update.

2. swvcc

swvcc Active Member

Pitiful.

3. elvotix

elvotix Forum Resident

...meanwhile, I ordered 9 cds from CD Japan on Jan. 2, and received them yesterday. Looks like the box was never touched, no dents, etc. Most of my recent orders sent from the UK look like they walked here...

4. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

Wow! Guess I'll give it another month of patience waiting for an order from Steve Hackett.

5. phish

phish Jack Your Body

i got a cd today that was mailed from germany on 12/9.

6. Similar situation here - I ordered an LP from a UK seller via eBay on December 9... still no sign of it (the seller has a couple thousand transactions w/100% feedback so I believe him when he tells me he shipped it).

Fingers crossed it gets here in one piece.

7. I just received an order today that shipped December 11th from Amazon.co.uk.

8. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

I have the same situation and my seller has already very nicely offered to refund shipping once I receive the LP.

9. phish

phish Jack Your Body

that was a nice offer, but it's really not the seller's fault.

10. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

I've been waiting more than 5 weeks for a set from the U.K. that was sent Decmber 6th. Very trusted forum member whom I consider a good friend, so I'm not concerned that it will never show-up, just wish it would hurry the ****-up! :)

11. swvcc

swvcc Active Member

I just received an order from Amazon UK shipped on December 9th.

12. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

There are two Ebay packages that I ordered in late November, and neither has arrived yet. I've contacted both sellers, and they are okay with giving refunds, but so far we are holding off a little longer, just in case they actually appear in my box.

Matt

13. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I just received an LP from France that I paid for 4-5 weeks ago.

14. 926am

926am Senior Member

I have ordered 3 items in the past month from amazon.uk.

Luigi Nono mailed 12/19-still no sign

Cecil Taylor mailed 12/28-arrived after about 1 week

Mahler sym 5 mailed Jan 6-arrived today

15. JonP

JonP Active Member

Mail services are totally unpredictable. I bought a mains audio cable from an eBay seller in the UK and it arrives in Australia only a week later. I order a CD on Amazon from a US based seller and it takes two and a half months to arrive - and yes, it was posted the day after I ordered it!

16. espartaco

espartaco Forum Resident

Last night I placed an order from Amazon.UK with standard shipping, and today I got an email with shipping confirmation via UPS. I only paid 3.68 GBP for shipping.

17. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

Hope springs eternal...finally received DVD boxsets of Steptoe & Son and Dad's Army from amazon UK...sent exactly one month ago. Today also brought copies of the Terrible Love 7" on coloured vinyl, sent from a UK ebayer on Dec. 21. Both packages arrived in great shape.

Looks like the logjam is breaking up, at last.

18. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

I too received a blu-ray set from Amazon UK today, mailed on 12/14.

Still waiting on two vinyl records sent in December (one early in the month; one just before Xmas); hoping they arrive in one piece.

19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm waiting for one CD I bought from the U.K. on 12/15 and another one I bought from the U.K. on 12/22.

20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I am having the packages I sent from the US take a month or more to arrive in the UK and Italy.

So the problems are both directions. What is their problem? You can't blame the weather in every country and for 6 solid weeks.

21. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

My latest amazon.co.uk order arrived within a more reasonable time frame: shipped December 27th, 2010 and received January 13th, 2011. Still slower than amazon's estimated arrival date (January 7th) and a little slower than packages used to take to arrive, but given the weather and New Year's holiday transit time wasn't too bad.

22. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

I think they have since adjusted their estimate arrival times...I ordered some stuff only days after you and they gave me an estimated arrival of January 21. Still keeping my fingers crossed here...

23. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

Homeland Security/Customs inspections on parcels. I think a lot of stuff is being held up here and the bad weather didn't help.

24. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

This Homeland Security stuff is starting to be overkill. It's making me think twice about purchasing/bidding on items from overseas.

I am still waiting on items that I won from Ebay UK seller from 5 weeks ago. Although the sellers have been very resposnive, I have had to open cases against them just to protect myself. I didn't really want to do it, but I feel that I have no choice.

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You did the right thing and the seller should understand. You do need to protect yourself. You don't want the time limit to expire before the item arrives.

Eddie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.