Packages from UK delayed - anyone else having this problem?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by gillcup, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Finally received a package I ordered 2 months ago.

2. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Last package from Amazon UK sent 01/05 and arrived 01/11...and a CD sent from forum member mfidelity took just 11 days to arrive from the USA:eek:

3. stinsojd

stinsojd Senior Member

Yup. I hate this because I had been getting some great deals from the UK, but this just makes it seem interminably risky. Unless this policy changes, I think my overseas purchasing days are pretty much over. Very sad.

Jamie

4. nail75

nail75 Well-Known Member

It is not just homeland security it is also the general crappiness of Royal Mail: It sucks golfballs through water hoses on an hourly basis. A CD that I ordered from the UK two weeks ago arrived today. 3 days should be normal, maximum a week. I had stuff from the US arrive faster here.

5. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

I am waiting for an Amazon UK (3rd party seller) package shipped Dec. 13. I understand from a thread on the IMWAN board that these delays may have to do with a new Homeland Security rule that mail packages from overseas can no longer be sent on passenger flights, but have to go by cargo plane or boat. But I also read this applies only to packages weighing 1 lb. or more, and my order is definitley lighter. In any event, the seller is sending a replacement and assumes that "a postal worker must have purloined it". (It was a very inexpensive item.)

6. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

There are a lot of disgruntled customers on Amazon UK's Customer Discussions pages re recent delivery times.

I was waiting on some discs arriving before I went on hols so won't find out what has been delivered until I am back home next week. Here's hoping.

7. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Amazon UK George Harrison ATMP Vinyl shipped on Dec 13th no arrival as of yet ?

8. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

Have patience. My Dec 13th shipment came yesterday. With all that's going on, I almost feel like it got here early.

My last vinyl order from amazon UK took almost six weeks. Maybe the larger packages with 12" vinyl take a little longer because they don't always pack well with more standard size packages, and get left on the loading dock longer.
    At least things seem to getting better, for now.

:cheers:

9. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Still waiting on an LP mailed from Germany on 12/28.

This is ridiculous, I've had packages from overseas arrive in 3 days in past.

10. xsant3

xsant3 Forum Resident

Waiting for a CD sent by forum member from Germany on Dec. 15th. I had a package sent more recently that arrived from the Netherlands in about a week.

11. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

I know this: I'm not ordering anything from overseas until spring. :)

12. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I finally received my November 30th Amazon.co.uk order today.

All things in perspective, I'll gladly wait a few extra weeks for a cd(s) if it ensures passenger flights are safer. The decision to increase security wasn't made arbitrarily with everything that is going on.

13. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

I've been waiting almost a month for these records I bought from eil.com. $160 worth. Eil will file a claim next week, so that's good on my end. But, maybe it's the crappy US Mail too. Then again, it could be stuck in customs. Who knows?

Thanks for your time.

14. eriejwg

eriejwg Active Member

Still waiting on a Carpenters Promo 45 ordered over 2 months ago from the UK on Musicstack. Contacted the seller again last week asking for a refund. No record yet, no refund.

15. aswyth

aswyth Forum Resident

Amazon UK sent me two packages on the same day. One arrived ten days ago, the other is still not here. A third package, ordered two weeks later, arrived already. But I have two order, shipped the 9th and 10th of December, which have not arrived. It's totally unpredictable. I too received notification from a seller that Homeland Security regulations have screwed everything up. Weirdly, I felt a lot more "secure" when the mail actually was vaguely predictable!

16. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

An item that I ordered from the UK on December 8 arrived yesterday. I suspect my other "missing" UK shipment may be still on the way.

Matt

17. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

They certainly don't help matters especially when the mail carriers are always getting a holiday for one thing or another.

Tomorrow 1/17 is no exception.

Looks like I won't be ordering from those guys.

18. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Nice cheap shot at Federal Employees:thumbsdn:

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

19. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

I remember when packages used to take several months to arrive from overseas. How our expectations have changed. Funny how progress spoils us.

20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Also interesting that this criticism is being aimed at Federal Employees when lots of people have tomorrow (Martin Luther King Jr. day) off. I might add that it's the only U.S. legal holiday that honors an African American person.

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Damn bankers, teachers, school kids... :rant:

;)

Seriously, it's one day. We'll get through it. Good for them for getting the day off. Those who are complaining wouldn't be complaining if they had the day off.

22. With a minimum of due respect, that's poppycock. We got mail delivered on Friday, Dec. 24 and also on New Year's Eve . . . when lots of other businesses were closed up. In our town, the mail carriers get one fewer holidays than we get from my company.

23. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member

The carriers have the day off, but the mail is always moving, behind the scenes.

"How do you keep a mail worker from going postal?"
    "Give him the day off."

24. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

The post office sometimes even closes earlier on day before a Holiday where I live.

They work it good.

25. stever

stever Senior Member

I'm still waiting for two packages posted the week of Dec. 13 from the UK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.