Packages from UK delayed - anyone else having this problem?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by gillcup, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jukin

jukin Forum Resident

I took out a 'Classic Rock' magazine subscription back in December. A few weeks ago they sent an email apologising for the delay caused by the severe weather. The March issue arrived last week and the Febuary issue yesterday. I also ordered the Thin Lizzy Greatest Hits CD from an Amazon.uk seller on January 3rd but that's still not arrived, although the seller is renowned for taking a long time to fulfill orders - apparently there's also a new crackdown by DHS on overseas packages.

2. Faceman

Faceman Forum Resident

I have order several CD from England recently, it took 3 weeks to be delivered, I have order from CDJapan and received CD's from Japan in 4 days????. I was told Homeland Security was slowing things up.

3. I tend to agree. I ordered some blu ray discs from Amazon.uk shipped to my home in Canada. It took eight days from order to delivery.

I ordered a Helen Shapiro box set from Amazon.uk three weeks ago, and it still hasn't arrived here at home in Kissimmee, Florida.

4. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

My first package ordered from Amazon around Christmas finally showed up! Amazing, I figured it was lost forever. Of course, they've already sent out replacement stuff, so I need to send that back when it arrives (which I'm guessing could be any time between now and June).

5. ress4279

ress4279 Senior Member

Took close to 30 days for an album to arrive recently.

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The disc I purchased on December 22nd arrived on February 7th. It was postmarked December 23rd.

7. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I won a CD on eBay from a UK seller on January 26th and still haven't received it. But after reading through this thread, I guess it gets worse than that...

8. aswyth

aswyth Forum Resident

January 26th? I'm still waiting for three separate packages from January 7th, and one from the 11th. The most frustrating thing is that there's no rhyme or reason to any of it - I got a package sent on February 14th today, from one of the sellers I'm waiting for a 1/7 package from.

9. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

This place just shut down for about three weeks in December. I'm sure that the backlog is being cleared haphazardly.

10. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

I'm also having this issue. Waiting for some discs from a UK seller, I ordered on January 23, still haven't arrived, and I was getting upset about this - seeing the prior stories I guess I'll have to be more patient. At least it's a relief to know it's not just me and that it's likely I'll end up getting the discs in the end, I had started to give up hope.

This is definitely a bummer though (not to mention totally unacceptably bad customer service) - until this situation improves I'll not be ordering anything from the UK.

11. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

I bought a CD from an English ebay seller with an excellent rating on November 26, and still don't have it. He said that he shipped it out on November 26 and that I should continue to wait.

12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I would not wait any longer. It's time for a refund.

13. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

I just received a disc that I ordered from a Forum member in our classifieds-shipped from the UK via Royal Mail-sent Monday, received TODAY!

14. jymy

jymy Senior Member

The last year, and also January this year all my +/-50 purchases from ZOverstocks (UK) arrived within 3-8 days, average 6/7. Of my 6 orders placed since Feb.1, 2 received after 9 days, 1 after 13, and 3 still on the way since 10-18 days.
    I hope this February slowness is temporary, but it could also be TNT Holland, they re-organizing and firing a lot of mail(wo)men to save cost.

15. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I had 2 packages dispatched on the same day (January 25th) from Amazon UK, one package arrived two days ago, but no sign of the other. How long is too long to wait for a delivery from Amazon.co.uk to USA/when should I contact them?

16. jymy

jymy Senior Member

The 3 received this week finally, after 10, 11, 21 days :)

17. Jay F

Jay F New Member

On Feb 22, I'm waiting for a package from UK amazon that I ordered Feb 5.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think they maybe having problems. I ordered a cd last week that was in stock and they said it would be delivered between March 12 and 25th.

Eddie

19. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I would of got a refund a long time ago. I would just give it back to him if it ever showed up. You only have so long to file for a refund don't you?

20. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Got my discs from the UK today :) - ordered on January 23, so almost a month to the day. :shake:

21. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

You don't say when they were posted. Back in #185 you were calling the seller for "totally unacceptably bad customer service". So was the delay their fault, or was it down to increased US security?

22. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Seller told me the items were posted on 1/24. It wasn't their problem. I never said it was. I was NOT calling the seller for totally unacceptably bad customer service in my prior post; I was calling the UK postal service for unacceptably bad customer service. You simply jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Sorry, nothing personal, but the UK postal service flat out sucks right now. The fact there is this thread pretty much establishes that fact, unequivocally.

I get shipments from Japan, Canada, and Germany within a matter of days, and also get shipments within the U.S. within days. So this has zilch to do with increased U.S. security and everything to do with the crap UK postal service.

23. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

Sorry, I interpreted your earlier post as you blaming the seller for something that may well be totally out of their control.

24. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Does amazon.co.uk ship vinyl by surface mail? I am waiting for something I ordered the last week of January.

25. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I read somewhere (perhaps in this very thread, I forget) that the UK is severely impacted by some sort of new security regulation in that in the past the Royal Mail (UK) used to put packages bound for USA onto passenger planes, but now they are not allowed to do that, so things are stacking up, waiting for room on cargo only planes, or going by sea. Maybe Japan/Canada/Germany have other methods of getting to the US - or they are still using passenger plane cargo holds? All I know is that packages from England are now taking weeks/months instead of days to get to me. I got a package from Ireland in less than a week though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.