Paramount DVD Case

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ubsman, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubsman

ubsman Active Member Thread Starter

Anyone have one of these, with those 2 tabs? Won't those break off after awhile?

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Most of Paramount's releases are going this way - Universal has some too. Will the tabs break? Probably, but the cases still seem pretty secure even without them fastened. I friggin' hate the tabs, though...

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Same here.

I really wish jewel cases had been adapted, or something more like what we see with the plastic cases for the Star Trek boxes...something that's nice to look at, fairly sturdy, and can be covered to minimize wear. Eventually sleeves will be more common, but the cheapo designs of many company's packages leaves a lot to be desired.

:ed:

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

These new cases really caused me gried the first time I tried to open one. I spent the usual 10 minute ritual of removing the shrinkwrap, security stickers and then was ready to take the DVD out. I spent a few minutes struggling with the case and wondering had I lost my mind and then noticed the two flaps! My current feeling about this new case is still "why??" Does a wheel always need to be reinvented?

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think it might be another anti-theft prevention tool - one more obstacle to keep baddies from slipping the disc out of the package. No idea if it WORKS. Why do I have the feeling someday they'll encase DVDs in solid titanium to stop shoplifters?

6. Todd Fredericks

Maybe they might even deem it necessary to encase the customers in titanium as well. With all the anti-shoplifting paranoia out there, I someimtes I wonder why the shops even bother to let customers into their store.... :)

7. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I rip the tabs off when I get them. I think the instructions I once saw somewhere in how to open one of these says that they expect people to...and they come off easily!

8. Todd Fredericks

Michael, that sounds like a good idea. Why keep the fort knox design with these cases.... :)

9. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

:thumbsup: It doesn't affect the case staying closed, either, FWIW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.