Paramount + or Hulu or Something Else?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rjp, Nov 25, 2022.

1. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

good deals this weekend on paramount + and hulu (basic price for each about $2 a month)

worth it?

not worth it?

i have cable, but..................

any info or insight would be appreciated.

:tiphat:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. We have them both and enjoy them. But honestly, for $2 a month what do you have to lose? Seems like an acceptable risk to try them out lol

3. mbd40

mbd40 Steely Dan Fan

We dropped Paramount+ some months ago because of the app constantly being glitchy and crashing, as well as bad audio sync issues. Not just slight audio desync but off by maybe 10 seconds in various Twilight Zone episodes. It's a shame because the content is good. Maybe it's fixed by now.

4. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

i don't know about Paramount but Hulu has a slew of commercials, similar to broadcast tv. It's the worst of the streaming channels I use.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  5. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I've got one of those free lower-tier apps called ' Free Movies plus'.
    The movies are indeed free but strictly b-movie quality selections. Some aren't bad. But the kicker is there is a short promo commercial every five minutes.It will come on in the middle of a scene, sometimes in the middle of a sentence.

6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That’s way too annoying for me…I would rather pay a monthly fee than deal with that for “free”.

7. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Hulu has a lot of good programming. I also get the Black Friday deal every year. When the commercials come on, for 90 seconds, I just mute the sound.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm spoiled. My son's paying for Hulu without any ads / commercials whatsoever.

Also enjoy Paramount+ here.

9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Paramount + app still $uck$. Still glitchy if it works. A lot of times it can't get past the splash screen and just freezes. But there is quite a bit of good shows on it, but it is not worth the hassle of hoping it works.

10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

We just got the Hulu Black Friday deal yesterday.

majorlance likes this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

thanks to all who replied.

i decided to go with paramount+.........evil........criminal minds.........and the new stallone show.

and they had some decent movies.

$25 for the whole year, i spent more than that for a pizza in las vegas.

:shrug:

BeatleJWOL and mmars982 like this.
  12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I signed up for Hulu with the Black Friday discount and it allowed me to add Disney+ at a discount as well, which I was not expecting. Can't promise it will do that for everyone, but it made it more than worth it for me.

Also signed up for Paramount+ through the Amazon Prime offer, just because there is another Yellowstone prequel coming that my wife wants to see.

Thinking about BritBox since I keep hearing good things about it and it.

13. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

HBO Max is doing $1.99 a month for three months. I don't think they've ever offered a discount before and IMO have the best movies on all the streaming services.

majorlance likes this.
  14. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Done & done! :tiphat:

15. Frangelico

Frangelico Forum Resident

Did Peacock for $20 for a full year a couple of months ago. Supposedly their current deal is $0.99 a month for a year.