Parasound amps appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by pdxway, May 31, 2019.

1. n'joymusic

n'joymusic Forum Resident

Glad to hear you found your desired end, the sound you love.
    That is very good.

However:

Pass is cost no object, but the Parasound JC5 is the real deal....

Wish you the best with your audio journey.

2. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

XA25 $5150 (?), JC5 $6500 …

Glmoneydawg likes this.
  3. n'joymusic

When you realize that the XA25 is rated at 25 watts with from what I have read maybe 80 watts
    for $5150, the XA 100.8 100 watts monobloc is $21,000 and the X350.8 stereo amp 350 watt is
    $14,900 vs the JC5 stereo with 400 watts/ch $6499... the Pass is cost no object per watt.... you can see the JC5 offers more.

For others this may or may not be the case, but for me is the real deal.......hard to improve on...

Again as always....we have personal tastes whether Pass, MBL Vitus, D'Agostino, Dartzeel, Accuphase,
    Krell etc....

Best wishes

Catcher10 likes this.
  4. Audiofan1

Audiofan1 Forum Resident

least now you know ! did you get anywhere near 400hrs? and if I recall your journey with the XA25 you gave it a fair amount of time to settle in before final conclusions.

avanti1960 likes this.
  5. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

yes, thanks. it is a good feeling. i gave it ~ 250 hours and it really did not change character since 150 hrs. or so which is why I felt right making the call.

Rick58, n'joymusic and Audiofan1 like this.
  6. Audiofan1

Audiofan1 Forum Resident

I here ya these days the amount of time gear or anything for that matter has to impress had better come with there A game.Congrats and now get back to enjoying some music !

avanti1960 and Rick58 like this.
  7. n'joymusic

Hey Avanti 1960...

You gave it a good shake...congratulations on your decision for XA25....it is a great amp!!

Enjoy your system,

Best wishes

8. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

Readers of this forum can probably relate to my excitement. I retired in August and with my wife's encouragement I bought my dream system yesterday. I had dreamed of someday doing something like this, but I never thought it would happen. In the last several years she has become more than just a casual listener and loves listening to music in the listening room. Yesterday I went all in and replaced my Parasound HINT 6 and JC3 Jr. I loved both of them and that is why I replaced the HINT 6 with a JC5, and a JC2 BP. I also bought a JC3+ to replace the JC3 Jr.

Words can't describe how excited I am. I take delivery the beginning of next week. My year old Sonner Legato Duos have great detail and sound stage. I can't wait to hear the improvement I will be getting with the new gear.

9. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

Outstanding! Enjoy your new Gear and even more so, Retirement :righton:

Audiofan1, MikeJedi, 33na3rd and 3 others like this.
  10. ben_wood

ben_wood A traveler of both time and space

It’s amazing what retirement does for one’s hearing!

Audiofan1, MikeJedi, 33na3rd and 3 others like this.
  11. jcn3

jcn3 Forum Resident

Congrats! That's certainly a nice combo!

12. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

Thanks everyone. I had always hoped to get my system to this level at some point. But wants and desires often clash with the realities of life. In this case though, a casual conversation with my wife changed that. We were listening to music and she said how good this LP sounded. I mentioned that I originally thought I would do one more upgrade but it would be too expensive and there were other things to do with that amount of money. This system sounded great. She said: "Just do it". So this is like a dream come true. Hee hee there are two short term nightmares too: Rearranging my equipment to accommodate the preamp plus amp which I didn't need with the integrated amp. Also trying to maneuver the 72 pound beast that is the JC5. But like they say: It's a tough job but somebody has got to do it!

13. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

Great, let us know about the improvements you hear with the new system.

Perhaps you could replace just the phono first, so you'll be aware of the differences between JC3+ and Jr. Then, after a while, you swap the amps so you'll know how the new separate amplification compares to the integrated. And let us know!

MikeJedi likes this.
  14. teag

teag Forum Resident

Thats great! I look forward to your comparison - should be a nice improvement for sure.

15. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

I should have added that in addition to all the Parasound gear I am adding, I also bought an AQ Niagra 1200 power conditioner, an Audience Forte 5 power cord for the JC-2 BP and AQ Black Beauty XLR connectors for the preamp amp connection. I already have Audience Forte f3's which I will repurpose. I probably won't recognize the sound of my system at all.

Audiofan1, Catcher10 and mreeter like this.
  16. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

I can see where your lovely mate didn't have to say "Just do it" more than once :agree:

She needs an extra dab of sugar :winkgrin:

Audiofan1, 33na3rd and Jim0830 like this.
  17. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

When she surprises me like this, I do not hesitate, and I always strike while the iron is hot. Who knows what the next day might bring?

rem 600, Audiofan1, 33na3rd and 5 others like this.
  18. Audio Gent

Audio Gent The Audio Gent

This being an appreciation thread, photo shows a 2 channel rig i put together several [​IMG] years ago, JC2 with JC1s.

19. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

That's awesome!!! Great stuff........My A21+ has brought me amazing results that I enjoy every time I listen, all that reserve power and especially the current amps make the speakers sing like never before. You will easily need 2-300 hours on the JC5 before it blooms nicely. Listening to my records has been a big joy and I hear more now than I ever have.
    Enjoy...!

MikeJedi, Rick58 and Audiofan1 like this.
  20. Audiofan1

Audiofan1 Forum Resident

Enjoy ,enjoy enjoy! Both of you:hugs:

MikeJedi likes this.
  21. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Off topic but I see

Pass Labs XA30.8

in your profile … :cool: :p :winkgrin:

22. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

Thanks @Catcher10 & @Audiofan1. I already am amazed at the amount of detail I have been getting out of my records after cleaning them with the new Klaudio UCM and them playing them through the JC3 Jr & Hint 6. My year old Sonner Legato Duos are extremely detailed and have a marvelous sound stage. In the demo my dealer played them through gear like mine and also a higher end system. The amount of detail on the high end system was amazing. I hope to hear much greater detail through the new gear. As for break in time, I imagine the new setup is going to sound better than the old right out of the box, so break in time will truly be my pleasure.

23. Jim0830

Jim0830 Forum Resident

My new gear raises a question. My TV/Equipment stand was a bit crowded to begin with. Now I am replacing my HINT 6 integrated amp with a separate preamp and amp. At this point moving the TV stand in and out is a 2 person job now. After the 72 pound JC 5 I am not going to want to be or even able to easily move it.

The wiring is getting a bit chaotic as I move an relocate some existing pieces of gear to accommodate the new equipment. The cables are all tagged so I know what they all are, but the arrangement isn't perfect. I was wondering how religious you are with your wiring? Is is a bit of a rats nest or is everything laid out text book perfect? TIA

24. Audio Gent

Audio Gent The Audio Gent

[​IMG]
    As the rack has evolved over the years, a more recent photo. New setup includes the A51 and JC 3+.

timind, Spazotron3000, pdxway and 2 others like this.
  25. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I love seeing all the beautiful Parasounds !! My A52 still going strong since 2012 , I don’t know if I asked this before .. but if I did I am not sure ..

Anyone know the actual Class A watts on my A52. ?
    FWIW I think it’s underrated at 125 watt/Channel :)

great amp

n'joymusic likes this.