Parasound Introduces Class D Integrated Amp With 110 watts/channel - Under $1200

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by soundboy, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member Thread Starter

The NewClassic 200 integrated amp will add a Class D power amp section to the just-introduced NewClass 200 pre-amp, which features a MM/MC phono pre-amp, analog bass management, and Burr-Brown DAC, all in an enclosure that is 2.5" tall.

[​IMG]
    Parasound Readies Integrated Amp/DAC for Summer Delivery

2. Heavy Music

Heavy Music Forum Resident

Where's the speaker terminals? Wrong picture maybe?

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

The link shows the proper picture for the integrated amp. The picture in the first post is the preamp

4. soundboy

The photo belongs to the NewClassic 200 pre-amp. The NewClassic 200 integrated amp is the same unit, except with speaker terminals on the right side of the unit. The link in the original post actually has photos of the new integrated amp, but are too small to show the details.

Heavy Music likes this.
  5. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Wow, that’s a lot of new products for Parasound in the last few years. They are on a roll.

Bill Mac likes this.
  6. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

"Integrated amplifiers with a DAC have replaced the venerable stereo receiver as the entry-level system anchor for serious music lovers," said Parasound CEO Richard Schram.​

I can't say if that's true, but if it is, it makes sense to me.

7. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Bless Parasound for continuing with bass management on stereo products!! Now, if only they made an app tool to help you set that... (or do they?)

JackG, ls35a and Bill Mac like this.
  8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

It's great to see Parasound offering so many excellent products in different price ranges. I have a Paraound 2100 preamp in a small bedroom system and it's a great full featured preamp for the cost.

9. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Some bigger pics of amp ...

[​IMG]

10. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

Less features but half the price (and just guessing but maybe better sound - AB vs D) :

[​IMG]

Litejazz53 and Helom like this.
  11. rischa

rischa Forum Resident

Can't say I'm a fan of Parasound styling. Those look straight out of 1996.

Lebowski, Dennis0675 and ls35a like this.
  12. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

I’m good with the styling. I am hoping that the New Classic series has improved since i had mine. My 2100/2250 were pretty lifeless, but they did set me on the road to separates. Honestly, i think a good integrated is better. I also don’t see any reason that the class d aspect is necessarily bad.

The form factor is a mixed bag for me. I like that it is standard sizeto fit cleanly in a rack, but i must say that for a modern integrated with a full feature set. I like the more attractive layout of my Nova150.

13. Mike-48

Too bad it's named class "D" rather than "AAA". That can predispose us to think less of it. Yet some of the best sound I've heard has come from class D amps -- the Bel Cantos among them; also Gayle Sanders' new Eikon speakers. These days, IMO, results depend more on general system matching than amplifier class.

Not a fan of the cosmetics myself -- but good sound can overcome cosmetics!

Shiver likes this.
  14. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

I heard the Bel Cantos once. They were unlistenable.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  15. soundboy

More than twice the power and the inclusion of analog bass management. Seems the Outlaw Audio stereo receiver is the only alternative that include these features.

16. Mike-48

Unlistenable to you -- it seems we have different tastes. Or perhaps the rest of the system wasn't good or wasn't set up right. The Bel Cantos are absolutely stunning with my friend's Calabasse speakers and subs.

Regardless of that, I've heard plenty of systems with class AB amps that I didn't care for. My point was not that the Bel Cantos are exemplars of all that's good in amps; just that, in my experience, results depend far more on general system matching and setup than on amplifier class.

Xyrium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.