“Parks & Rec” to return for a one-off special...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

2. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

Awesome!

3. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

Are they just going to have her back in the Parks and Rec department, or is she going to be an ex president? I am guessing they retcon the finale away.

4. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Remember the parks and rec "Last Day" was set in 2019 so Ben's not even a congress person yet he'd be voted in in Novemeber.

And I think Ben is future president - while I think Leslie is 2 term governor on Indiana - but not in 2020.

5. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Surprised they got the entire cast on board. Chris Pratt is a major star now, but even he
    went along with it.
    Now if they would only do a "Scrubs" reunion....

6. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Forum Resident

Pratt seems like a very grounded guy, he knows what he owes to Parks & Rec.

Hopefully next: The Office

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  7. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

He's always been fond of the show...even staying with it as his film career was taking off.

Besides, what else can he be doing now?

8. Quite excited about this, but nothing like how totally stoked my wife is!

Lesley Knope might be her favorite TV character ever!

9. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I’ve never found Amy Poehler funny.

Dillydipper likes this.
  10. trumpet sounds

trumpet sounds "The radio makes hideous sounds." Bob Dylan

11. I was expecting it to be pretty good, maybe even pretty darn good.

But all things considered, it was nothing terribly short of phenomenal.

Great, snappy writing. And editing that was 10x better than anything on the last two SNL “Live at Home” episodes.

Really set a high benchmark for all other (future) similar attempts, under these circumstances. Bravo!!

12. RichardG

RichardG Forum Resident

We really need to see this in the UK. Parks and Rec has saved my life on more than one occasion!

Don't be a dope... Vote Knope!

13. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

It was very enjoyable and definitely made for true fans of the show, with the cameos by everyone from Joan Calamezzo to Bobby Newport (and Jean Ralphio!) Very funny and sweet, just like the show. I was also impressed with how they made it work having three married couples in the cast of characters (Leslie/Ben. Ann/Chris, April/Andy) and not being able to show any of them in the same room together. And they did get a Tammy 2 cameo in, thanks to the fact that Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman actually are married!

I had a smile on my face the whole time. Miss this show. It was wonderful.

14. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Where was Billy Eichner?

OldSoul likes this.
  15. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Very good even if the timing was a tiny bit off sometimes.

And Adam Scott's camera angle didn't compliment his face - actually neither did Amy Poehler's.

I bet that front facing cameras on phones and laptops are going to be prioritized more in the future.

16. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

The episode was fantastic. The fact this was written and made in a months time with EVERYBODY on board is fantastic. Chris Pratt was hilarious.

Adam9, Rooster_Ties and DeeThomaz like this.
  17. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Awwww - I liked it. The Tammy cameo was hilarious. I miss those guys.

Adam9 likes this.
  18. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Li'l Sebastian's legend lives on!

And here's the part that hurts the most
    Humans cannot ride a ghost

Adam9 likes this.
  19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I suspect NBC will find more than one spot to sneak this gem back onto the schedule in the coming weeks. God knows, they've got plenty of lame fluff taking up prime real estate. Surely it would be worth it for them to just run a Law, or an Order all by itself, just to squeeze in time for a quick re-airing.

I was always sick of Amy Pohler (feel free to look it up, roll your eyes at me and put me on yet another ignore list). But the show itself was gold, her friendship and collaborations with Tina Fey was always a highlight wherever it happened to pop, and it made a lot of people not named "Dillydipper", rather happy for a good amount of history. I'd be happy as a clam if NBC could harness that sort of comedic energy and inventiveness without having to go to her well one more time, or Lorne Michaels, or any of the overpaid space-takers who have had far too comfortable an office space at 30 Rockefeller Plaza. I just think she's an over-used commodity, who has been over-used, and praised far too much for the benefit of her popularity while being over-used. Yes, just like that condescending crack. An old property, a revival opportunity and a popular "go-to" blonde with already too much face-time compared to other less-used talents who deserve a space to develop and shine, is nothing new or innovative in an era where new innovations are the only way forward in the entertainment scene.

That said, she deserves her high-five on this one, and I wouldn't doubt this'll come up again on the DVR if you keep searching for it every other week, in case you missed it.

20. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Just watched it with my daughter, it was a lot of fun. But man Adam Scott wtf. His face he looks anorexic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.