Patrick Stewart to Reprise 'Star Trek' Role in New 'Star Trek Picard' Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Aug 4, 2018.

1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I'll see if they have in jokes, like the actor who played Q popping up and having Picard pausing and saying, 'you look like someone I used to know'

Karnak and head_unit like this.
  2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

It's amazing how much material is out there today; I've said it about this Golden Age of Television, I've said it about the jaw-dropping selections in our indie theaters and e-tailers...and I tend to say it everytime somebody starts a niive new "Nobody's-Playing-Any-Good-Rock-Anymore". All one needs to do, is un-learn the way they used to discover new content, and instead discover new places to discover it (he said, standing in a virtual music community chat board read by about 30,000 members daily...:shh: )

That, my friends, is one beat-dead horse!

head_unit, Encuentro and BeatleJWOL like this.
  3. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Isn't Jean Luc about[200yrs old]of course since it's the future,they will put his brain into a young body..right????

4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

5. hubertfarnsworth

hubertfarnsworth Forum Resident

I think this is a good idea, but I worry they are going to kill off Dr. Crusher instead of hiring Gates McFadden on a full-time basis.

6. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

Yes, perhaps they are using the character to get viewers, but I see nothing else about this that is redundant. Sorta like what was done with "Lou Grant".

7. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Did not consider that. Yikes.

hubertfarnsworth likes this.
  8. Well, his last big movie role was "poop" the emoticon, so putting him into a Star Trek series really is a bold move. ;)

Ghostworld likes this.
  9. I don't know anyone personally who has seen it!!?!?

10. I haven't. If it was on Netflix or HuLu I would have watched at least a couple of episodes.

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I came to this thread to see how quickly this would dissolve into people crapping all over a show they haven't yet seen, and I was not disappointed.

Ghostworld, Dr. Pepper and BeatleJWOL like this.
  12. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

I have not seen the newest Trek, so it is hard for me to comment. But it seems perfectly plausible that Capt Picard would be out there somewhere. Engage.

Dr. Pepper likes this.
  13. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

But as any Trek fan knows there are an unlimited number of alternate timelines.

14. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

This isn’t a revival of TNG ... it doesn’t sound like any of the old characters are going to be in it as regulars. But that doesn’t mean they’ll all be dead.

15. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

According to the Digital Bits Discovery season one is coming to Blu-ray in November.

16. Dillydipper

Sure you do; you just responded to somebody who had watched 'em all, right here at my compyooter, online. :wave:

Encuentro likes this.
  17. Dillydipper

Good; then the "tardies" can see what all the thumbs-ups were about.

Encuentro likes this.
  18. I don’t know them :tiphat:

19. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Discovery is amazing, and those that refuse to watch because they don't want to pay $5.99 a month are missing out.

20. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I think it helped that he seemed to look older than his actual age when he started Star Trek ( i think he was 47 when cast way back in 1986). He looked like he was already pushing 60. He's seemed to only age 10 years over the last 30. He's 78 years old and he looks about 68. He pretty much looks the same as he did when he did the first xmen movie...which is almost 20 years old itself!

Anyway glad to see ol' Picard back on the screen. My favorite all time Star Trek captain ( sorry Jim.) .

nosliw, budwhite, Dr. Pepper and 3 others like this.
  21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I tend to agree with that, however, I most recently saw him in the series Blunt Talk. When he was shown in closeups, you could tell he was significantly older. The eyes give it away. But yeah, from a distance he looks remarkably like he did twenty odd years ago.

David Campbell likes this.
  22. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

They could pay for a month, binge and drop. If folks really want to binge fast, then they might even be able to fit it all within the free trial period.

23. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Wow. whats next a reboot of green acres.. and my mother the car...
    many loves of dolby gillis.. I do hope in somewhere in future..
    Cbs does get new managment.. I pretty much boycotting cbs
    mainly because of magnum pi reboot.. but this pushes me away even further.
    I loved Stng.. and still do and most of movies..
    This desperate by cbs and there all access B.S

24. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan Thread Starter

By “desperate” do you mean “something that will please most Star Trek fans”?

JeffreyB likes this.
  25. Lyedecker

Lyedecker Forum Resident

I think you're thinking of Riker and Troi who got married. Riker was promoted to Captain of the Titan and Troi went along, presumably to be counselor on the Titan. Data died but he had his memories implanted into his brother B-4, so there's a loophole way he could be brought back.

As far as I know, Beverly and Picard decided not to act on their feelings toward the end of TNG, and I would imagine she'd still be around as CMO unless she got promoted or transferred.