Patrick Stewart to Reprise 'Star Trek' Role in New 'Star Trek Picard' Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dirwuf, Aug 4, 2018.

1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Stay mad, haters. Star Trek: Picard's final season is on the way, with a new teaser giving us a first look at the entire returning cast:

[​IMG]

Even famous Trek sourpuss Robert Meyer Burnett, who has not had a single nice thing to say about Star Trek since 2017, at the very least, and who has had plenty of very not nice things to say about it, is excited for this new season:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BurnettRM/status/1550937801872420864

New Picard showrunner Terry Matalas must have some blackmail on him or something because Burnett has openly disparaged even Strange New Worlds over the last few weeks. Maybe this season will bring disgruntled Trekkies back into the fold. We shall see.

2. I don’t pay attention to his hates, what’s his issue with Strange New Worlds?

3. Ohhh can we please please please get a Geordi-centric episode about his lack of a love life/dates? Just like old times!

MikeInFla and omikron like this.
  4. Playloud

Playloud Nobody’s Hero

Just not sure how to feel about this. Maybe this will be good case of past performance is not an indicator of future success? It would be great to have an amazing season of Picard, but it would take a total 180 turn for that to happen. Make it so.

I like Strange New Worlds a lot. Good fun show.

5. Eh, Picard season two had some moments but it felt like a two part episode of Next Gen stretched out for an entire season. I’ll take a look and the fact that the entire crew of Next Gen is returning for the season is cool.

6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Oh, great - so, now Riker and Worf are competing with each other for who's got the most geezerly-looking beard...? :laugh:

"A true warrior does not resort to using Just For Men on their beards!"
    "C'mon, Deanna, just tell him I'm setting my phasers to 'stunning'...!"

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    gabbleratchet7 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

If I remember correctly, Lore used the emotion chip that he tricked Dr. Soong to install in him, combined with a Borg who could broadcast those emotions, to give Data a taste of emotions. That, combined with turning off Data's ethical program, allowed Lore to manipulate him to turn against his crew mates.

sotosound and BeatleJWOL like this.
  8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Everything. You'd have to go on his Twitter, I ain't linkin' all that :laugh:

9. Dillydipper

Yes, because if it was one thing Roddenberry hoped for the future, it was about his fans not evolving. :rolleyes:

BeatleJWOL and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

Picard: “You’re only as good as those around you.”
    La Forge: “Those days on the Enterprise, made me a better man, a better father, a better friend.”
    Seven: “I thought I could inspire people to bring justice to an unjust universe.”
    Annoying side-character: “You have no idea how hard it is to be in this world.”
    Worf: “Do not presume to know what I have, and have not sacrificed for this.”
    Troy: “We have to be willing to go through that door to what’s next.”
    Riker: “There’s a whole universe out there, wherever you go, we go.”
    Crusher: “Here, in this moment, let’s do what we spent our lives learning to be great at.”
    Picard: “As long as you and your crew remain steadfast, you are never without hope.”

[​IMG]

omikron likes this.
  11. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I just scrolled through....yikes. he's basically the angry man yelling at a cloud. I get his criticism of Discovery and Picard...but his criticism of SNW feels like just nitpicking because they aren't adhering to 50 year old canon 100 percent and making the show look and feel like it was made in the 1960s. Like....what did he expect? Trek has always played fast and loose with the tech/continuity going as far back as The Motion Picture. I mean....there's no way the TOS Enterprise and the movie Enterprise are the same even if you account for the refit. You have to suspend disbelief and go with it.

Its disappointing because he comes off reasonable on the John Campea show. He's still not as bad as some of the Fandom Menace types (he doesn't seem to rail about wokeness or women and minorities being the reason Star Wars/Star Trek is "bad") but....I he's almost there. His buddy Chris Gore has seemed to go full on Fandom Menace lately.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
    BeatleJWOL likes this.
  12. saturdayboy

saturdayboy Forum Resident

Enjoyed Season 1, found Season 2 to be unwatchable after a few episodes, but I am all in for this!!!

13. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

The first post in this thread is pretty funny now...

"It's official now...
    Not a "TNG" reboot"

14. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I thought annoying side character's phrase was annoying too.

Like. C'mon. You're in Starfleet. Suck it up.

15. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

New teaser trailer for Season 3:

New STAR TREK: PICARD Season 3 Trailer Gets the NEXT GEN Crew Back Together for One Last Mission in February 2023

Matthew Tate and sunspot42 like this.
  16. Playloud likes this.
  17. Playloud

Playloud Nobody’s Hero

It has to be better than last season right?

RolandG and Shawn like this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I hear ya, but try to tell that to all the folks that have had their childhood ruined :laugh:

Matthew Tate and Shawn like this.
  19. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

I thought season 2 was better than season 1, although I think they could have come up with a better ending for it. It's been a weird series. A lot of the episodes have been really good, but they have really struggled with the pacing.

20. Dillydipper

You forgot Ensign Ro: "Waiter...? Check, please..."

21. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I'd say episode 2 of Season 2 was one of the greatest episodes of Star Trek ever produced.

4_everyman likes this.
  22. fuzzface

fuzzface Forum Resident

Last season was great

Curveboy likes this.
  23. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

24. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

My speculation is that modern cinematographers rely too much on High Tech cameras and monitors and have lost the facility to use lighting. What looks good on a studio monitor or projector doesn’t necessarily look good on the average TV.

SixtiesGuy and Shawn like this.