Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Oh God, is it time for this already? I will never get any work done. :D

Has this even been confirmed yet? Can we trust that Twitter post?

Aren't the releases normally announced in batches of 4?

2. ianbrown21

ianbrown21 Forum Resident

Maybe Flowers In The Dirt/Spring 2016 - Off The Ground/Fall 2016

Wishful thinking? Likely....

ccbarr, Shak Cohen, theMess and 2 others like this.
  3. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Didn't WOA come out mid year? That was the last stand-alone release. Maybe we won't be waiting a year for FiTD.
    Still, it's nearly TOW/POP time so it's a bit early to be getting eggy about it yet.

ccbarr, Sean, theMess and 1 other person like this.
  4. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I was about to say the great thing about this collection is the great videos that will be available but then i remembered the McCartney DVDs out there.

Perhaps a tie in with the Tripping album with the concert film and Put it There documentary?

Will Harris, theMess and ianbrown21 like this.
  5. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

The chap from Wogblog has just confirmed to me on Twitter that the Coming Soon card came from a POP or TOW set sent out to a reviewer.

theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Remember, though, that Paul's "High in Colorado The Clouds" release is likely due in '16, so expect Flowers (if verified to be next) to be about six months opposite that release. Perhaps Flowers really will bloom in the Spring :laugh: and then the animated film (and accompanying soundtrack) will play to packed houses in the fall (that strategy worked well for Broad Street - why change?)...

forthlin, theMess, Johnny Reb and 2 others like this.
  7. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder Thread Starter

That's kind of how I saw the campaign proceeding too -- but if that FITD card was a hoax, then there will be hope (of deliverance) that this can be paired with Off The Ground as it should be. I was hoping that the next two releases would be back from the '70s -- not because I necessarily think they're better than FITD or OTG or (certainly not) Flaming Pie, but because I think they need the most help, sound-quality-wise. I'm not sure how much better a Flowers remaster will sound, but they can make up for that by collecting all those b-sides and alternates on the bonus disc(s). On the other hand....
    Yeah, this is a potential problem. With so many Macca/Elvis demos to deal with, I can see the team thinking "Let's just leave those demos for a separate release" -- a release that may never happen.

8. mrjinks

As I mentioned in the other thread, the Hear Music catalog number on the card matches that of the Pipes of Peace reissue. All the fun "fake" covers that we've seen on this forum in the past had catalog numbers that matched already issued sets.

PhilipB, theMess, Johnny Reb and 3 others like this.
  9. DayRavies

DayRavies Forum Resident

I actually like FITD but does it really have the appeal to carry Macca's reissue program by itself for a whole year? BOTR and RAM both made sense for that but FITD? I kinda always thought it paired nicely with Off the Ground, or at the very least Tripping the Live.

Then again, Choba, FITD, Tripping, Tripping Highlights, Unplugged, Off the Ground, and Paul is Live all kind of feel like one mushy period of prolific mediocrity that all came spilling out at once. Granted, I enjoy the mediocrity.

heatherly and JimC like this.
  10. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Love this album. I'll be in line

Shak Cohen, theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  11. mrjinks

Clearly the throngs of people who were crushed that the legendary studio recording of P.S. Love Me Do only existed on the Japanese Flowers have spoken.

Now that remarkably creative and joyous creation can be shared with the masses.

heatherly, theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  12. darling

darling Senior Member

There has already been a FITD with a bonus disc - and even that missed off half of the bonus tracks from singles. Is a three or four CD version too much to ask for?
    1. "Message" – 0:28
    2. "The Long and Winding Road"
    3. "Loveliest Thing" – 3:59
    4. "Rough Ride"
    5. "Ou est le Soleil (7" Mix)"
    6. "Mama's Little Girl"
    7. "Same Time Next Year"
    8. "Party, Party"
    9. "P.S. Love Me Do"

13. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I've got all that stuff in official releases :(

No, wait :)

theMess likes this.
  14. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

You add to this japanese bonus cd the following:

-Flying to my home
    -The first stone
    -I wanna cry
    -I'm in love again (of maybe they will save it for Choba B CCCP ?)
    -Figure of eight (single version)
    -This one (Club lovejoys)
    -Good sign
    -perhaps the Ou est le soleil remixes....

and you obtain an already quite full bonus CD. No room for any demo with Costello, i'm afraid.

JimC likes this.
  15. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

If this release is genuinely next, then this would be the perfect place to put many of the Costello demos, although I would split them between FITD and OTG.

It would also be wonderful to hear some of the other demos from the sessions, including the 'Motor Of Love' early take that we were discussing on the Tug Of War thread.

Then of course we have all of the live performances from the 1989 Tour.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  16. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

where is et cetera????

17. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

How did you know? :laugh:

18. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

That's a good list. Would've been ideal.

Shak Cohen and theMess like this.
  19. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Hopefully he will be particularly generous, like he was with McCartney 2 and Venus And Mars.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  20. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

So this is a fake then? I would not be surprised if so, in fact I would be happy. It would mean we could still see Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway next.

21. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I didn't realise that my 'likes' were such a hot topic of conversation. :laugh: I can't help it if I like so many comments. :D

I'm simply trying to bring some of Ringo's peace'n'luv spirit to the forum. :D

22. mrjinks

I must not be explaining this well, because you're the 2nd person to ask this.

No - it's the exact opposite. Anyone can take one of those old cards from their own set and digitally alter it for a laugh. BUT, they're doing so with a card that has an existing catalog number. THIS card, if true, has not only replaced the cover image, but also the underlying copyright gibberish with the actual catalog number, which would be much harder to do...

theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  23. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

We don't know for a fact that this is happening. It would be a strange decision IMO, because it would be the perfect partner for OTG.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

"Mama's Little Girl," "Same Time Next Year," "I Wanna Cry," and "I'm In Love Again" all belong on other albums, and a couple others could be on Press to Play. And there's always the possibility of a second bonus disc like McCartney II.

theMess likes this.
  25. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I still trying to grasp that there is only ONE album listed. It seems very anticlimactic to me.

A long shot (really LONG): Maybe there are 4 different new "Coming Soon" cards, all showing only 1 of 4 different albums, inserted at random into the latest Archive sets. (Yeah, I'm getting desperate....)