Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

2. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  3. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

4. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

The page for it appears to no longer exist on Amazon.us.

All I see are Hardcover, Kindle, and Audible audiobook. No CD edition. :thumbsdow

5. edrebber

edrebber Forum Resident

6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I’d show up with @theMess and claim he’s both under 12 AND my grandson.

Calico, RayS, Who Cares and 1 other person like this.
  7. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Now that would be a very proud moment for me; dear Grandude Eric ! :D

mrjinks, Who Cares and MPLRecords like this.
  8. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I saw the link to this and gulped, expecting it to be slaughtered, but was very positively surprised by how much they focused on the unique blend of Paul and Linda's voices, and on the way that they both promoted domestic life together in song. I didn't think any of this was overly harsh in any way.

9. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Can anyone offer catalogue numbers for the UK and US coloured and black vinyl releases of Wide Prairie please?

10. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

11. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Can someone explain to me why Wide Prairie does not include a CD format as part its reissue?

I would buy it. I missed it on the first go round back in 1998.

But now, if I am forced to go and get a used copy from ebay or where-ever, I am a whole lot less likely to want to shell out for a reissue down the road...

12. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

FYI for those who are tracking things, Amazon Italy accidentally posted that the Beatles singles box is coming out November 15th. And it's using different sleeve art than in the past for each, apparently. So now we know that September 27th is Abbey Road and six weeks later is The Beatles' singles… not much time really for a McCartney Archives to not compete against those, which might explain the shift to a "2020" date that was hinted at a while ago.

13. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

Except last year, the White Album 50th came out November 9th, and Wild Life/Red Rose Speedway Archives came out December 7th!

14. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

The same day of the Abbey Road's press release, Paul was promoting his event in London... He is not doing his projects with The Beatles in mind...

OobuJoobu and MPLRecords like this.
  15. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Got my ticket to the McCartney signing in Waterstones - I bought a signed Ringo book early this year - and touchwood Macca to add to collection too!!

16. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

I got my coloured vinyl copy of Wide Prairie the other day from Music Vaultz in Canada. All good, but a question about the colour: mine is 'milk' colour only, no blue at all. So when it said 'milk/blue' did it mean either/or? That's not what the photo suggested which was a sort of swirly mix of both colours on the same disc, which looked very cool. I don't particularly mind since the 'milk' colour is pretty nice too (kind of unusual) but I'm curious to know what others have found. Is mine a mis-colour or are they all like that?

Who Cares and apple-richard like this.
  17. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

It's very milky but there should be a dash of dull blue on the inner part. And actually when you raise it to the light the blue disappears altogether and you just see the dense milky color. It's very cool actually.

18. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

If you say so! Seriously I can't see a sliver of blue on my copy, certainly nothing like the published image. No worries, it sounds pretty good.

apple-richard likes this.
  19. Wiserforthetime

Any way you can post a pic? Mine looks pretty much just like what is pictured is the press release. Maybe you got a rarity.

omikron and apple-richard like this.
  20. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

This could be a vinyl box set, Macca hasn’t done one of those yet and there seems to be a market for them.

21. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Looks like a bad chicken egg to me. My copy.

[​IMG]

theMess and omikron like this.
  22. Wiserforthetime

It's definitely odd, but different. I haven't seen any like it, at least nothing in my collection.

apple-richard and omikron like this.
  23. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Until reading those reviews I didn't realise Linda McCartney was so young when she died, 56. Very sad. She got a hard time too for not much reason. I get the impression that she was a good woman and was obviously perfect for Paul.

musicfan37, Yorick, supermd and 15 others like this.
  24. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

That makes a lot of sense, you may be onto something.

crossroads69 likes this.
  25. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Yeah, a kind of faint smudge if you look hard. A bit weird, and not quite what the photos suggested. I'm guessing the pressing didn't turn out quite the way they hoped.

[​IMG]

John Bliss and apple-richard like this.