Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

There's one thing that is very unlikely to be included in a possible vault material package, but I would love to hear: the Eirik "The Norwegian" mixes of the RAM leftovers.

On the archive book of Ram, Eirik claims to have mixed the tracks first and then Paul asked him to select and sequence the tracks for the album.

Among the rejected tracks are an even earlier mix of "Get On The Right Thing" and the version of "I Lie Around" with Paul's own vocals recorded twice (february and early april 1971, acording to the CBS 16 track sheet shown on the book of RRS).

Will it ever see the light of day?

2. I fear the recent vinyl reissue is all we will be getting.

3. Well, let me take a look at those. They certainly *shouldn’t* be marked “VEVO” if the label did not post them through VEVO.

4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Again, anyone can slap a VEVO logo on a thumbnail. It happens all the time.

TaumpyTears likes this.
  5. nedison

nedison Peter Blegvad's #1 Fan

The Beatles Official YouTube page: The Beatles

"TheBeatles" YouTube page (The unofficial user in question): TheBeatles

Note the follower count: 3.62M subscribers on the official, 7.67K on the fake one.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  6. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

You don't need to convince me!

nedison likes this.
  7. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

This is from a fan made set, I'm reticent to say too much because of forum rules
    in regards to b**ts.

I know the set this is taken from, as are several other Back to the egg videos on that
    channel.

This is not a teaser to anything upcoming from MPL.

Klassik likes this.
  8. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

The Wings Over America box was pretty incredible too.....and heavy...…….

:righton:

9. Macca75

Macca75 Forum Resident

This is definitely not the best place to post this but I couldn't find a better one. MusicVaultz has the Wings Over America box at 50% off: Wings Over America (3 CD + DVD)

10. OK, I get it now. I just wasn’t aware that YouTube was so lax in its enforcement that it allows VEVO marks on video not actually uploaded through the VEVO platform.

11. Also, regarding bootlegs, you can talk about them to your hearts delight, you just can’t post where to get them. At least, that’s been the rule here.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  12. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

Aha!!! Ok the thing itself! I wasn't even aware of the Roland until 85 or 86 until that GTR album with Steve Hackett and Steve Howe. But my brother always used to think they were horns and I knew it couldn't be that but I never put the two things together until then. Interesting to have that nailed down!

13. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

-Musician (February 1988, Timothy White):

Question: “The 1979 Concerts for the People of Kampuchea that you sponsored with the UN were a pre-Live Aid benefit.”
    Paul: “That was an early one, yeah, but it was a much smaller event. I think that show was the last thing we did with Wings, and a lot of it was the fault of the monitors onstage, because if you can’t hear yourself you think you’ve done a terrible show. My bass sounded like a squeak. It gave me the cold sweats."

14. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Not saying you're wrong (and your guess is as good as mine) but I notice that you, like many others, have posted comments about the value of releasing Archive Collection sets based on the availability of outtakes and other audio/video bonuses.

I just don't think that this is a material consideration for McCartney/MPL. I think they have taken a view as to which albums are most likely to get positive reappraisal and which ones are Our Paul's favourites and they've worked their way through the catalogue from there. His debut (and, of course, Band on the Run) appeared early doors despite the lack of available bonus material. We had the arbitrary "rule" of the 8-song maximum for most of the early issues, which confirmed that, even where more material was available, Paulie wasn't going to use it as justification for a re-release.

In the end, I think it comes down to which of the remaining albums Macca fancies at any given moment. He may have been all up for LT/BTTE and then - for whatever random reason - suddenly got excited by Flaming Pie. Maybe he's cooled on FP and now fancies something else. He calls the shots and can change his mind whenever he wants. I think looking for clues among the available bonus material is to go looking in the wrong haystack for needles.

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

While the early sets had less material, that has changed and more has been offered. I agree that the biggest reason to release these sets is to reframe/highlight the album itself. But I think they also see the value added to making the fans happy with as many bonuses as the format allows.
    But for argument’s sake, if the only thing was to reframe the album, a single , remastered cd with a small book does that too.

my list is more what albums I believe will be archived and why/why not I think they are not good candidates. Bonus tracks/bonus materials are definitely part of that equation. I think a majority of fans would agree.

For me, the live, Classical or Fireman would not be widely attractive even with bonus material unless that material was something very special.
    Not arguing, but you, me or anybody else will have their opinions on this topic. But thanks for weighing in and presenting your opinion

omikron, augustboy and jmxw like this.
  16. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

It does, but it doesn't sell. MPL wants to re-frame the parent album but it also wants to sell it to people, and MPL knows that it's prime audience is Macca's hard core fan base that have bought these albums however many times already. So they walk a line between putting enough bonus material on the deluxe sets to tempt the hard core and trying to keep the focus on the parent album. That's why I think they kept the bonus material down to 8 songs originally. However, as sales started to tail off, they decided to improve the bonus track offer to keep interest up among the fan base.

To the extent that these albums have (mostly) been positively reappraised AND have sold in impressive quantities I think MPL have found the right balance.

Of course, I and everyone else here would like to have more albums with more material...

supermd, theMess, forthlin and 5 others like this.
  17. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Well in 21 years and maybe listening to the tapes, has Paul's opinion changed?

This is same guy when asked if "Back to the Egg" was a concept album said it was a "bombcept" album in his eyes....

In recent years however Macca has talked glowingly of songs from the album like "Arrow Through Me" and "Baby's Request" (which he redid for "Kisses").

18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

31 years (since that interview in 1988)

theMess and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  19. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

So... that was almost half a life-time ago... and more than half a life-time since he recorded the album [41 years]......

I wonder if it feels to him as though he recorded all that Beatles' stuff when he was a child... ? :wtf:

Lewisboogie, theMess and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Don’t know if others mentioned this, but use the discount code VAULTZVIP and you can knock this thing down to $60 US, including postage!

If you’ve held off in the past, I have a hard time believing you’ll get a better deal...

21. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Let me know when there's a "2020 McCartney forthcomig releases" thread:righton:

Sean, JDeanB, Wingsfan2012 and 8 others like this.
  22. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Don’t hold back. “2019+” includes 2020!

Sean, Paul Getsey, kevintee and 4 others like this.
  23. Diego Esparcia

Diego Esparcia Forum Resident

And...there we go!! :agree:

JDeanB and omikron like this.
  24. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

Uh......why? You have some news?

On the other hand, don’t you hate it when you can’t say anything without some nut always trying to read something into it?

Sheesh.....some people.

25. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

2020?

Paul has recorded a cover version of the Beach Boys 20/20 album?

Amazing! Can't wait to hear it. It's so obvious!