Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Well of course. If they weren't, this thread would be about 200 pages shorter!

flogger, Oatsdad, Sean and 5 others like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It is very entertaining though... ;)

JDeanB likes this.
  3. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Something to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Paul’s solo career?

Sean and kevintee like this.
  4. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'd say another round of coloured vinyl. Or not.

5. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

which titles could be next in pipeline?

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  6. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

After the success of Amoeba Gig, hopefully another new title will be included.

7. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I’m hoping for a vinyl reissue of Memory Almost Full, Driving Rain and Run Devil Run

Can anyone think of a new title? That would be fun

augustboy, OobuJoobu and omikron like this.
  8. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

I guessed Live at the Cavern a while back, but there could always be something else. Up Close, perhaps?

9. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Both would be awesome.

MPLRecords likes this.
  10. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Do we need a "mystery McCartney spring 2020 release" thread..? :cool:

Henrik Jutbring likes this.
  11. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

A remastered/remixed Memory Almost Full. It's time.

12. Klassik

Klassik Guerilla BeatLOLogist

Any kid being taught Beatles history at school right now knows that No More Lonely Nights by Punk Floyd (the band that Wings could have been) is the most expensive video ever made, McCartney having made an entire movie just so he could include clips from it and spend more than Michael Jackson had on Thriller as part of their Ebony and Ivory grudge match. All other histories are, at best, like trying to tell kids that a supernatural being of astronomical heft created the world in six days and then spent the seventh getting stoned. The fact that this fact is being replaced in some schools by the 'Dinosaurs ate the original Earth and it had to be reordered' cosmology is neither here nor ...oh hang on a minute I need a lie down

Paul H likes this.
  13. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I think there's a great chance that at some point these three will be part of the vinyl reissue programme.

All three are from the era when there wasn't a great deal of vinyl being sold so there would be good demand, and all are albums where there's a good chance we might not have an Archive version imminent.

14. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

If not Silver Rain falling down maybe it is “go ahead, have a vision, I ‘m the man on the Flaming Pie”?

15. Wingsfan2012

The “oft rumored” Macca Love Songs album for Valentine’s Day?

kevintee likes this.
  16. Wingsfan2012

That would make sense as Abbey Road shot up back in the top 20 Billboard album charts due to “Black Friday Shopping”.

17. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

At this point, I honestly think it comes down to just how MPL wants to map out the following year.

A new Let It Be documentary film has already been announced, and with the success of the last three anniversary releases it's extremely doubtful that May 2020 will not see a Let It Be: 50 release.
    If you backdate that, it likely means interviews with Paul in April about the album (for May publishing), and approval meetings likely in February and/or March at the latest.
    Then that film would likely be released on home video near Christmas time.

He's also been less inclined to do promotional interviews etc. while out on the road, and we have May and June dates for the Freshen Up Tour 2020 – including a return to Glastonbury.
    So those months are booked.

Then there's the other projects he's involved in with as well. My guess is that we'll either see the Archive or other re-release announced for a date that coincides with the 50th anniversary of McCartney (i.e., April, before the next wave of projects come), or for late August/early September before the big wave of releases hits.

Sean and Lewisboogie like this.
  18. Wingsfan2012

I have stated that between “Wings Over Europe” and”Amoeba Gig”, those two are among my Macca live “go to” albums!

Sean and nedison like this.
  19. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

That's one I seriously doubt, as Apple Music offered a Love Songs playlist — and it's quite poor in selection (half are Beatles songs). Then again, his Duets is worse.

What I can see happening, though, is that we get another single from the leftover Egypt Station tracks for the next Record Store Day, and possibly a collection of those songs together in the spring — followed by an Archive but both full albums after the cast recording of the musical.

20. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I say again, WINGS LAST FLIGHT that's what I want officially released!

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

well since the last interview Paul is saying musical in 2021, I can’t foresee a cast recording coming before it

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

"Something else"... I see George in there. All Things Must Pass super deluxe edition?

alanbeat likes this.
  23. alanbeat

alanbeat A music loving Chap. PipPip!

No come on.... All Things … must be a November issue not before Let it Be. Perhaps a super deluxe edition with lots of unreleased tracked picked by Dhani.
    Sad thing is ……...surely …………... all of you who are reading this have probably EVRYTHING already!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hmm, not me though. I have the original album but no rare things from bootlegs or elsewhere.

25. Everbeat

Everbeat Forum Resident

My biggest hope for 2020 (besides London Town and Back to the Egg) is that they continue to release japanese mini albums (16 so far). Next I would like any or all of Wild Life, Red Rose, Flowers, Off The Ground, Driving Rain, Memory and Kisses. I guess the other studio albums will have to wait untill they're a part of the archieve series first.