Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. flogger

flogger Active Member

Well said.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

So the message here seems to be "Stop making new things and focus on re-selling us things of which we already own multiple copies before our imminent demise." Not sure I am on board with this logic, but I appreciate the time and deep thought put into the bad pun dismissal of Egypt Station.

TaumpyTears, Sean, Paul H and 11 others like this.
  3. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Not to mention, it has worked for the likes of David Bowie and the Who...

I'm not sure if Paul will be up to the task or not, but I am certainly willing to give the results a listen before passing judgement.

And don't forget, there are a lot of people who do enjoy musicals. [Just look at success of Hamilton or The Lion King, for instance.] Musical theater has been around for a long time and is not likely going away any time soon....

Elliottmarx likes this.
  4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Never mind that he's made the same pun at least as early as May. In fact, that works well. Stop making new puns and focus on reposting the same ones that we already ignored before our imminent demise.

TaumpyTears, Sean, Paul H and 6 others like this.
  5. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I feel like we're getting gypped because Paul feels it more important to release 3-4 reissues of that album instead of releasing Archive Collections that have been done for years. I still care about London Town. I still spin Back To The Egg. Egypt Station, er, not so much. Time to move on from that album, Paul...it's left the station. You're a legacy act. Give us more of the legacy goodies before it's too late.

Paul Getsey, wino14 and Oyster Boy like this.
  6. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Your entitlement is astonishing. Paul McCartney doesn’t owe you or anyone else anything.

7. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

Actually, he does. He shows fans more in his concert videos than the band, and they agreed to that as long as he put out album re-releases with a smattering of bonus tracks over a decade or two.

RAJ717 likes this.
  8. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I actually agree with that statement more than you think. ;-)

9. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

The topic of this thread is "Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Forthcoming Releases." That's what I expect to see discussed here, not the current album or project. And yes, I want another copy of his 70's and 80's albums. A nice definitive one with good sound and presentation with all the relevant singles included before the demise of physical media. That's the ticking clock we all hear in the background when another Archive announcement isn't made at year's end.

There is a certain logic to it that many must share at over 200 pages on this thread. We want the missing gaps in the 70's and 80's filled in. Sooner, rather than later. I'm glad so many people are enjoying Egypt Station. But I want London Town, Back to the Egg, Give My Regards.. and Press To Play Archive sets sitting on my shelf before I retire.

10. Everbeat

Everbeat Forum Resident

Come on folks, every opinion here matters just as much as others. It would be boring if we all thought the same thing. Personally I agree. The only thing that matters now for me is London Town and Back to the Egg archieve releases.

wino14, Hep Alien, theMess and 6 others like this.
  11. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

It's never too late for legacy re-releases (John Lennon's re-releases keep coming), it's new music what an alive musician can give us before it's too late. In 40 years' time, some people will buy a re-release of Egypt Station as a legacy reissue.

Sean, Paul H, theMess and 5 others like this.
  12. beatbro

beatbro Forum Resident

Sean, C_Jepson, Elliottmarx and 6 others like this.
  13. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Sean, Elliottmarx, theMess and 3 others like this.
  14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That is weird though. We here bring up the topic of the High In The Clouds film yesterday and then there is an official announcement about it within 24 hours.
    Makes you wonder... o_O

Sean, mikecarrera, theMess and 4 others like this.
  15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Quick - bring up the topic of a comprehensive boxset of McCartney outtakes!

16. coco77

coco77 Forum Resident

17. Arnold Grove

In the link, it says:
    Created, Produced and Original Songs & Music by: Academy Award and 18-time Grammy Award winner Paul McCartney (100 Years, Jojo Rabbit, Yesterday, Live and Let Die, Vanilla Sky).

So Paul's claim to fame now includes Jojo Rabbit and Vanilla Sky, to go along with the lesser-known Yesterday and Live And Let Die? :wtf:

And what is "100 Years"?

18. Arnold Grove

The Beatles' version of "Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand" is included in the Jojo Rabbit film soundtrack --- but why that deserves a mention is strange though.

Paul Getsey, theMess and augustboy like this.
  19. Arnold Grove

Lee (Linda's dad) died in 1991. I don't think that the High In The Clouds project has been that long in development. The children's book came out in 2005. It must be John Eastman (Linda's brother).

theMess and coco77 like this.
  20. MPLRecords

The only 100 Years I can think of is a film none of us will ever see, tied in with a Whiskey: 100 Years (film) - Wikipedia

No mention of McCartney though.

theMess, andrewskyDE and Arnold Grove like this.
  21. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

22. Arnold Grove

As I have joked before:

I bought the High In The Clouds book to read to my young kids.

Now I hope that I'll still be around to take my grand-kids to the animation film.

;)

BeSteVenn, theMess and MPLRecords like this.
  23. MPLRecords

Since Paul is partnering with Netflix, maybe that bodes well for the theories Peter Jackson's Let It Be project will make it there somehow.

Elliottmarx, theMess and Yorick like this.
  24. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Looks like the press release wasn't proofread. The description doesn't make much sense.

"The new animated adventure follows an imaginative teenage squirrel named Wirral, who finds himself pulled into a ramshackle gang of teenage rebels who live high in the clouds. After he accidentally antagonizes Gretsch the owl, the tyrannical leader (and fabulous singer!), who steals the voice of anyone who upstages her."

I can only assume that it should read "The new animated adventure follows an imaginative teenage squirrel named Wirral, who finds himself pulled into a ramshackle gang of teenage rebels who live high in the clouds after he accidentally antagonizes Gretsch the owl, the tyrannical leader (and fabulous singer!), who steals the voice of anyone who upstages her."

BeSteVenn, theMess and MPLRecords like this.
  25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

George Eastman.

George Eastman - Wikipedia

Yes, it's been in production that long...... :shh:

coco77 likes this.