Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [2019+]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Dec 9, 2018.

1. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

The reissue of that tree will have the lyrics to 'I should like to live up a tree' spelled out by its leaves

2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I wrote that title off long ago as a variation/misreporting of "Octopus' Garden".

theMess likes this.
  3. Beatles archives?

4. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

I'm not dramatizing the situation. I'm not saying it's scandalous or something.
    I'm just pointing out that there's been a Photoshop change in that tree (which is crystal clear) that was completely useless, and I wonder why it was change.
    Now if you don't see it, or don't want to for some reasons, it's not my fault.

planckera likes this.
  5. Diego Esparcia

Diego Esparcia Forum Resident

You guys have way too much free time! Lucky you :tiphat:

6. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I've always been drawn to the title "Proud As You Are." I might have even tried to write a song for it once or thrice.

theMess and RayS like this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

What am I supposed to see here, Dr. Freud? ;)

It still looks like a change in contrast or shadows to me. But I'm not a photo expert.

8. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

As you can tell by now, it's anything but crystal clear.

9. PhilipB

PhilipB Forum Resident

edenofflowers is correct. In the BBC Arena documentary Magical Mystery Tour Revisited from 2012 there is a short clip of one of Paul's experimental films shot out of a window. It was repeated recently on BBC Four where I saw it again, but unfortunately is no longer on the BBC iPlayer so can't clip it for you.

10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Thanks. I guess then some of these short films may have survived.

11. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Misreporting of "Don't Ever Change"?

Now "Pink Litmus Paper Shirt" ... that's a hummable one. :)

12. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Did you not see the brilliant theory outlined below, or is this jackwagon on your ignore list? ;)

13. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Maybe its the BEATLESONDVD website! They have all the info you need on the for headed monster recorded on video.

14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Does anyone know if the mixes on Wide Prairie are more vintage in nature or all mixed around 1998? And isn't the mix of "Seaside Woman" not even the original single mix?

15. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

That's the one. Cheers! I haven't had it bookmarked for years.

16. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

So I wasn't losing my mind! I thought it was there. There was another Beeb doc a couple years ago about The Roundhouse in London which touched on Macca's connection to 'the underground' and I thought for a moment it was there instead. Cheers!

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  17. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Is there going to be a CD/hi-res release of Wild Prairie?

18. revolution_vanderbilt

Double checking what I have plus what 8 Arms has to say...

It sounds like the same mix, as far as placement, but everything is a bit wider and sounds much better. The Wide Prairie mix is also apparently longer than the original single (which I don't have), but not as long as the untrimmed German single (which I do have.) B-Side To Seaside seems similarly cleaned up, but again same placement.

The mixes in general might not be vintage, but some probably date farther back than the album, with some work probably being done around the time of Oobu Joobu. The title track has a new vocal for the line "feeling perky" since it was originally "chewing jerky." I Got Up was overdubbed in 1998, including Linda's vocal. New Orleans was started during the Venus & Mars sessions but Linda didn't do her vocal until 1979 (during the time when Paul was working on older material for Cold Cuts). Cook Of The House is the same mix from Wings At The Speed of Sound. Sugartime was overdubbed by Paul after Linda passed. A more vintage mix, without those touches, was played on Oobu Joobu.

White Coated Man is a different mix to the one previously released on the various artists comp Animal Magnetism, and both are different to the version played on Oobu Joobu. Cow is a very stripped back mix on Wide Prairie, but a much more produced version was played on Oobu Joobu, and is featured on the Ecology disc.

19. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Wow, thank you very much for the detailed response. :righton:

20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

CD --- yes, hi-res --- unknown. In fact, I'm not sure if any of these live remasters or Wide Prairie will be in hi-res, but I suspect they will be. A release format listed is "digital," which includes streaming and iTunes, but whether it also means hi-res is uncertain. I guess we'll find out!

21. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

The Hammersmith gig was used for Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea — a TV special that aired in 1981, with accompanying live album featuring three songs by Wings and the three song encore by Rockestra.
    IF Paul owns/can get permission to use it, it would make for a great second video disc on Back To The Egg… and if it was shot on film, could be cleaned up enough for hi-res video (BluRay).
    Disc one would have to be the Back To The Egg film, with the band acting out the cover, and videos for "Getting Closer," "Spin It On," "Again And Again And Again," "Old Siam Sir," "Winter Rose/Love Awake," and "Baby's Request."
    "Goodnight Tonight" would also be included – both versions – as well as "Wonderful Christmastime," the latter because Wings appears in the video despite not being credited for the recording.
    I would also expect we'd see the "Rockestra" session mini-documentary as well thrown on that disc for good measure.

Back To The Egg
    will likely rival Red Rose Speedway in size and scope.
    Audio-wise, I'd expect at this point one CD that has demos/rough mixes/unreleased cuts, and a second CD that has the radio program done mid-production (which has rough mixes and some small interview clips) along with the Kampuchea recordings and/or some rehearsals for the tour itself.

I don't have my reference library handy, but "Seaside Woman" was remixed in the 1980s to get rid of the shout out to Denny Laine. I believe that version is on Wide Prairie.
    If there are enough variations in recordings, that may lead eventually to a Linda McCartney Archives inclusion in the series.

theMess, omikron, Oyster Boy and 4 others like this.
  22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

If it's the "Slap it on, Denny," that appears on the 1998 "Wide Prairie" CD.

23. revolution_vanderbilt

The 1980's remixes of Seaside Woman and B-Side To Seaside have not appeared on CD. They were done by Alvin Clark, and appear both in edited and extended versions.

Here is the Seaside Woman video with the remixed version

24. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

For anyone who missed out on "The Producers on Paul McCartney's Flowers In The Dirt" booklet that was sold separately (and unofficially) to the FITD Archive, it's available to buy again.

Just had an email from Super Deluxe Edition saying they have a limited quantity available once again for pre-order through their website.

Well worth it for anyone interested in hearing the story without it being run through an MPL filter!

25. Phil P

Phil P Forum Resident

Just been onto Sound Of Vinyl UK site,
    So not only has Wide Prairie coloured vinyl sold out...

So have:
    Paul Is Live - coloured vinyl
    Choba B CCCP - coloured vinyl

and therefore of course - the coloured vinyl bundle.

I don't remember the previous coloured vinyl reissues going out so quickly.....?

Henrik Jutbring likes this.