Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocShipe

DocShipe Forum Resident

Wasn't Wings Greatest originally supposed to be a double record with the second disc being the first version of Cold Cuts? It would be cool if we got an official release of Cold Cuts with GH, but that seems as likely as getting a deluxe version of Red Rose Speedway.

Sean, longdist01, funkydude and 2 others like this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, the originally proposed 2-LP set was supposed to be Hot Hits & Cold Cuts ... ;)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    longdist01 and DocShipe like this.
  3. No one can predict the future, and the McCartney camp has surprised us before. I’m keeping an open mind and not making pronouncements.

kevintee likes this.
  4. Except, of course, for Wings Greatest, New, and Chaos and Creation, which have not been remastered. Will the 180g vinyl releases be remastered? Don’t know.

5. Yes, it was originally going to be released as Hot Hitz and Kold Kutz, or some other equally idiotic spelling variation.

Sean, longdist01, wiseblood and 5 others like this.
  6. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Wings Greatest is, the others are not

supermd and Billy Budapest like this.
  7. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

New and Chaos & Creation are not remastered. Wings Greatest will use previously released remasters from either the archive series or Pure McCartney (with the exception of the full-length version of "With A Little Luck", which is indeed a new remaster).

But my point was that Capitol has so far not made the effort to remaster a full album an reissue it. All they've done is reissuing previously released remasters or straight up reissuing the albums. In other words, they have not reissued anything that features pre-"modern age" (re)mastering.

Sooooo, I think it's fair to assume that this strategy so far does not indicate that the archive series is dead. Because if that was the case, why not reissue London Town, Red Rose Speedway, Flaming Pie etc. with the rest?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Deano6, Sean, supermd and 2 others like this.
  8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Also, if you remember, Concorde did one of these towards the end. Off the Ground was one of the albums put back on the shelf with I think 2 others. But nothing was done to them at the time and curious that they didn't do more at the time

Yorick likes this.
  9. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

And in all likelihood, With A Little Luck probably isn't a new remaster in the sense that it was remastered especially for this set. They are probably pulling the same remaster used on Pure McCartney, except this time not editing it to the promo single length.

10. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

Yes, same with the "Uncle Albert" edit, just the other way around.

11. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

The other two were Chaos and RDR, both straight reissues.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Have you got a theory why WOA was left out of the first batch of Capital reissues? Would be interested.

13. milo

milo Forum Resident

Driving Rain was also re-issued by Concord.

somebodywhocares and Oyster Boy like this.
  14. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

If my theory about a 2 pronged comprehensive plan is right, presumably it will be reissued at some point in the future. It's all guesses at the moment!

Oyster Boy likes this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Joe English wants a bigger cut of the royalties... ;)

16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Thanks!

17. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Tell me that wouldn't sell multiple times better than a re-release of Wings Greatest.

18. Arnold Grove

If you would please remove the masking tape over my mouth, I would tell you it... ;)

19. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

It’s been a while since MPL released any Macca video, think the last one was Rockshow in 2013. Previously MPL would regularly drop something every now and then (2001-2013).

Perhaps reissue The McCartney Years on Bluray with Wingspan thrown in as special feature? Or complete Glastonbury 2004?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

It will undoubtedly be included with the Chaos & Creation Deluxe Edition, like Thrillington was included in the Ram box.

Coming soon.... :hide:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yes...they essentially skipped "Flaming Pie", which made me think it would be an absolute for an archive edition.

Oyster Boy and Mr. Explorer like this.
  22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

If they had to choose one more album to get the Archive treatment, it would be Flaming Pie.

23. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I would agree with that assessment, although it would not be my personal choice.

supermd and Mr. Explorer like this.
  24. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Pure [McCartney] speculation:

How about Deluxe Edition of Off The Ground with:
    All the b-sides
    Deliverance remixes
    Off The Ground promo mixes
    Strawberry Ocean Ships Forest [bonus!]

Some have speculated that the live 1995 benefit concert performance by McCartney/McManus at the Royal College of Music may have been professionally mastered [for possible inclusion in such a box]

But Flaming Pie seems more likely, given the patterns we've seen so far...

25. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

not Joe
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.