Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCartney_Legacy

McCartney_Legacy Forum Resident

'Live and Let Die' was an edit of takes recorded live with an orchestra and Take 10 with just the band. There were also a ton of overdubs.
    The story of the recording of this song will probably be a chapter in our book.

2. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

If I just went for 2 disc RRS (or equivalent hi res release) and the “double album” vinyl. What tracks would I be missing?

3. The Band

The Band Forum Resident

I haven’t noticed anyone acting ‘betrayed and hurt’ as yet, merely stating they can’t afford $400 or whatever. I’m one of those. Life has been difficult for a number of years, not least financially. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone. Unfortunately, I’ve had to train myself over the last decade to pass on deluxe box sets I’d love to have, and stream what I can. That means I still haven’t heard much of the Flowers Archive Edition and had missed much of Pepper until someone on here pointed out the whole thing was on Spotify after all. A cause of regret to me, but also of (enforced) re-evaluation. There are things in life I need more than these wonderful looking new sets from Paul/Wings.

4. PeterWalker

PeterWalker Member

Will the rumoured Wings Live box set now exclude the '72 tour as it's been covered by this Wings Over Europe CD? I presume, at least, these particular recordings will be exclusive to this release and won't also be included in any live box set that eventually gets released in the future?

The Band likes this.
  5. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Interesting that Wings Over Europe is all from '72... except for one track from '73. I wonder if we'll see more from '73???

6. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

6. Get On The Right Thing [Early Mix]
    7. Little Lamb Dragonfly [Early Mix]
    8. Little Woman Love [Early Mix]
    9. 1882 [Home Recording]
    10. Big Barn Bed [Rough Mix]
    11. The Mess
    13. Mary Had A Little Lamb [Rough Mix]
    15. 1882

7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Update, in light of new info, in addition to the original message: Sorry Ringo, Yoko and Olivia (and to a lesser extent Paul as it's your fault anyway), I've been looking forward to your White Album set, but it's going have to wait, cancelling my pre order.....

8. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Besides the "Wings in Marocco" book that will come with "Red Rose Speedway", I hope one of the books will also focus on Wings' little documented other working holiday, this time in Spain in June 1972. That's where "Hi Hi Hi" was written, and the "Hotel in Benidorm" song from "Paul Is Live" is about that stay!

[​IMG]

9. beatlesfan9091

beatlesfan9091 Forum Resident

Much as I'd like to get the $400 box, I simply can't afford it right now. I think I'll opt for the 2CD Wild Life (the rough mixes and video content aren't worth another $130 for me), and the deluxe Red Rose Speedway.

nedwho likes this.
  10. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I must get this set. Beg,steal or borrow-it must be mine
    :)

11. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

When my girlfriend/family finds out how much I want to spend on a boxset, they won’t be too happy!

My response:
    [​IMG]

12. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

The only item I’d pay that price for would be a full Dylan Bootleg style version of the Get Back sessions. I skipped on Flowers box and haven’t lost any sleep despite owning the others. It’s overpriced.

13. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Thats part of the game. Just waitin for the option for us non-US-citizens to order this Holy Grail of things Macca

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  14. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Which is all very well if you have the cash in the first place. But I don't and there is no more belt tightening I can do to afford these things, especially just before Christmas. But its fine. It has given me a sense of proportion on this stuff. It is a beautiful thing but it is priced way above its inherent value so even if I had the money I am not sure I should be rewarding that.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. James Bell

James Bell Forum Resident

Can only pre order the big box when i get paid on nov 28th - if its gone then i will just have to deal with the disappointment. My october pay is going on The White Album and Kate Bush remasters box sets. The McCartney box is very pricey (not sure what the uk equivalent is going to be) but would like to have all the content. Not keen on paying up front - its nearly two months away. Amazon dont take your money until the item is dispatched. Never used udiscover - what is their service like? - still waiting for uk listings as yet

16. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Oh dear, this was a bit unexpected. I was wondering where the dual pack had gone. What I didn't anticipate was extra unique content.

A few questions:
    • Does anyone know what is available on the extra disc tracks-wise?
    • Are the individual sets in this double set exactly the same as the ones available separately?
    • Do we know any UK pricing for the various combinations?
    • Any indication of when they will officially be announced (particularly in the UK)?
    • How limited is the larger set likely to be?
    Moans (sorry, considered feedback) to follow! ;)

17. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

The big box price will come down well below $300.

FKA002 and Calico like this.
  18. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

If it’s available exclusively at one retailer, why?

There’s no competition so no need to price it competitively. If it was on Amazon, I would agree with you.

19. Jarek_Venera

Jarek_Venera Forum Resident

Please see 1971 - 1973

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

It will go to other retailers in time.

Mazzy and Beaneydave like this.
  21. Jarek_Venera

Jarek_Venera Forum Resident

The 2CD versions are main targets of interest for me.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  22. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Me too, I don’t plan on buying these actually since the singles/disc 2 will be available on Spotify

23. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

My main wish is the whole Flowers in the Dirt would be available on Spotify after these, Back On My Feet doesn’t deserve to be lost to time on a one-time download

24. James Bell

James Bell Forum Resident

I wonder if the 3 disc sets will be available on itunes. McCartney II was and that might be a cheaper way to get them - could probably live without the visual stuff. It's not having the material on the Live CD that would really bother me.

25. beetlesonique

beetlesonique Forum Resident

theMess, btltez, Mr. Explorer and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.