Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

In the end Paul will survive us all... even Keith Richards.

Sean, theMess, Carl80 and 2 others like this.
  2. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Every time you make another of these gloomy posts, I think back to your confident assertion that the Flowers in the Dirt reissue had been shelved and cheer up.

3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Definately create a Tote bag for this one just like one Paul gave Harry

Sample image:

[​IMG]

FKA002, Pieter Kozak and andrewskyDE like this.
  4. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I would really like RRS and WL or BTTE and LT. But as others have mentioned I too will be happy with anything.
    I hope that we get all the albums eventually up the FP. If they go past that I would be surprised but happy.

edenofflowers likes this.
  5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

:laugh:

7. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

I hope Paul is not lurking here!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Unless you mean including the six songs used for Oobu Joobuas B-sides from that era, I would only consider Broomstick and Looking For You. Those songs could go with the BroadStreet or Press To Play boxes. Still want to hear that unreleased material!

9. SixOClockBoos

Does Goodnight Princess count? I absolutely love that track.

Tord and andrewskyDE like this.
  10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Where the b-sides and oobu material can be argued until the cows come home as to where they belong or should go. There are no dead set limits or rules here, only the ones placed by relentless fans. We will see how things fall, we have no clue what will even be next yet

Mr. Explorer and SixOClockBoos like this.
  11. SixOClockBoos

That's true, but now that it'll hopefully be comprehensive... anything can go.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

And according to the interview given to Superdeluxeedition.com by Paul's manager, "Wild life" and RRS are the next ones :)

Johnny Reb, Lewisboogie and Ken.e. like this.
  13. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

Fair point. I didn't realise that people here hung on my every word......;)

I hope I am being overly pessimistic -- I want to see Wild Life and RRS as the next Archive release(s) as much as anyone. But if you'd have told people when this series began back in 2010 that we'd still be waiting for these albums, I don't think many would have believed you.

Many years from now on the Steve Hoffman Forums.....

[​IMG]

"I know Paul's got a new album coming, but I still think Wild Life will be the next Archive release....."

14. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I can't see Wild Life without RRS released at the same time. Wild Life had no hits and needs My Love and RRS to build interest in it. I actually think it will be well received with the Hipster crowd and of course PM fans. This reevaluation of McCartney's albums through the Archive series is working very well for him.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

That's probably true, but it has more to do with the pace of releases than the choice of albums. I think Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway being the 11th and 12th reissues would have seemed plausible enough.

If you had told me six months ago that the Flowers in the Dirt reissue would include two versions of all nine McCartney/Costello co-writes from that period plus demos of their three later collaborations, I don't think I would have believed that.

16. emjel

emjel Forum Resident

Give My Regards too.

17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Love it, too! To me it was always part of the Broad Street album. Probably just because I own the 1993 remaster CD of it.

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  18. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

I hope after all the albums are released we start to get compilations. Ive always loved Wings Greatest and hope that gets a reissue, even though my original copy is in fantastic shape

andrewskyDE likes this.
  19. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I'm happy with my vinyl copy of Wings Greatest, too. And Wingspan was actually something like an extended version of it.
    Think there's not much chance of a reissue so soon. Even Pure McCartney is a great compilation alternative.

raq0915 likes this.
  20. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

Don't forget the near perfect compilation of pre-1987 work that is... All The Best! My introduction to Macca, and I still think the song choices on it are top notch. (Note: I'm talking about the US version.)

Mr. Explorer and andrewskyDE like this.
  21. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

I know this may sound weird, but Pure McCartney was too big. Too many songs on it. Sometimes I like putting on a shorter album, like Wings Greatest.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  22. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I knew I forgot one.^^

Mr. Explorer and Johnny Reb like this.
  23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Take the 2 disc edition of Pure McCartney then.^^ :p

24. raq0915

raq0915 Forum Resident

I was stupid enough to buy all three versions of Pure McCartney. Not saying its a bad comp, but I wasted so much money lol

Mr. Explorer and andrewskyDE like this.
  25. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

The 50th anniversary edition of Sgt Pepper is apparently getting announced within the next 2 weeks. It will 100% come out this summer.

jricc, SixOClockBoos and andrewskyDE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.