Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelees

angelees Forum Resident

He probably didn’t literally ski past, but he probably saw him while he was on the slopes or whatnot.

“I remember back in the 90’s I was in Australia, scuba diving in the Reef, when I swam into a very intelligent and tasteful individual who told me they really liked McCartney II best. That sort of made me realise, y’know, that it wasn’t as bad as I thought because I’d always sort of dismissed it as not being very good. And y’know actually there’s a few tracks that I remembered I love like the extremely popular song which didn’t even make the album Secret Friend, and even one I’d forgotton doing called Blue Sway, also not on the album proper.” - Paul McCartney

2. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

He wears a ski suit with the words "Sir Macca" written on it. ;)

3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

The truth of this "rule" may have gotten exaggerated over time, but I wouldn't call it a flat-out "myth." Releasing smaller products at the same time -- regular albums, DVDs like the Ron Howard film -- does indeed happen, and can be beneficial for sales of all involved. But I don't think Paul would ever release an Archive set within several weeks of something of similar scale -- say, a Super Deluxe White Album. So I think speculating about schedule placement of the next Archive release(s) is fair game, because we're all expecting an expensive White Album set late in the year.

Mr. Explorer and Oyster Boy like this.
  4. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

That would be silly! Paul is actually easily recognizable because he still always skis with three friends while wearing that long scarf. The lace up ski boots are also kind of a giveaway that the "cute Beatle" is on the slopes!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    alexpop, andrewskyDE, mrjinks and 4 others like this.
  5. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

True enough.

But one thing we should keep in mind: We have no confirmation that the WA box will be released in November because it has to coincide with the anniversary of the original release date.

It may be a reasonable guess, but even that is speculation at this point... :shrug:

Oyster Boy and Lewisboogie like this.
  6. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Whether the WA will come out at all is speculation, which started with Giles Martin's comments around the release of Sgt Pepper. Unless anyone knows any more that is......

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  7. Sean Murdock

Yes, that's why I said "we're all expecting" and not "we know" a WA box will be released this fall.

Oyster Boy and Mr. Explorer like this.
  8. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I didn't mean to imply you were saying it was a given. I was thinking more of the general consensus around here seems to be that it is a given that the WA will be released in November because... well.. Anniversary!

Just because Sgt. Pepper was re-released on it's 50th doesn't mean that all the rest will be. SPLHCB was the only Beatles album released on CD on it's 20th anniversary...

Not to say that they couldn't get some publicity traction out of another 50th Anniversary release, but, hey, it's the bloody Beatles White Album! They could release it anytime in 2018 and the press would jump on it as a 50th anniversary...

Assuming that it is going to get a Deluxe Super Edition in the manner of Pepper did as the next big project. I mean, who knows, they could be working Revolver [or Abbey Road or anything else] for all we know at this point... [In other words, I completely agree with you, Sean. And OysterBoy, too.]

9. Sean Murdock

Indeed, and I am sure that if such a WA box were to happen, Apple/Universal would release it whenever they thought sales would be best -- sales being far more important than the actual anniversary, right? It worked out for Pepper to release it in the Spring, because they were already planning to release the Christmas flexis for the holiday season. This year, who knows how things will fall on the calendar? If there's a White Album box coming, I'm sure all the important people who would need to know this know it, and other group or solo releases will be scheduled around this "tentpole."

Mr. Explorer and jmxw like this.
  10. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

“I remember back in the early 2000’s I was in India, trying to find the best vegan burger, when I bumped into a Tibetan monk who told me he really liked Give My Regards To Broadstreet. That sort of made me realise, y’know, that Broadstreet wasn’t as bad as I thought because I’d always sort of dismissed it as not being very good. And y’know actually there’s a few tracks that I remembered I love like ‘No More Lonely Nights’, and even one I’d forgotton doing like ‘No Values’. The monk even told me that it was a soundtrack to a film. I don’t remember doing that at all.” - Paul McCartney

This could get dangerous.

11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

So Good and yet...

12. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

:biglaugh::biglaugh::help:

13. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

14. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

BeatleStair and Oyster Boy like this.
  15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Love back to the egg

Sean, maywitch, longdist01 and 6 others like this.
  16. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Thank you!

17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Sean, maywitch, supermd and 2 others like this.
  18. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

I don't mind them not being deluxe versions but just get all the damned Wings albums back in print!:mad:

I want Red Rose Speedway, London Town and Back To The Egg *now* Macca! Come on, quick, before I pull the trigger on some rrreal expensive used discs.:rolleyes:
    This is a worse situation than trying to get hold of decent condition and priced Bowie RCAs!

maywitch, TimM, Hep Alien and 3 others like this.
  19. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Was it a conscious decision of Paul to be different in practically nearly every photo ? This time he's the only one not wearing a hat.

20. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yes, I believe he has said as much in some of his interviews.

alexpop likes this.
  21. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Lewisohn pointed this out. So did John. One of them (John) said something about Paul having a blue ear in a photo or whatever. I'm sure someone else can find that quote for me. See also: Paul wearing a black flower in MMT, no shoes on Abbey Road... I know each of those has a reason (ran out of red flowers, it was hot outside and he wanted to take his sandals off), but it does support the idea.

Hep Alien and Haristar like this.
  22. alexpop

Always thought he was always a scene stealer. Steve McQueen in The Magnificent Seven springs to mind.

23. Frank

Frank Senior Member

He reads comics in photos, too. The shameless attention hog! Someone absolutely must spend dozens of pages examining this stunning personality defect!

[​IMG]

Hep Alien, longdist01 and alexpop like this.
  24. alexpop

The other kid far right is bawling his eyes out. McCartney (bully) stole his Dandy. :)

Hep Alien, Frank and longdist01 like this.
  25. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Well...he did create "the selfie".

Hep Alien and longdist01 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.