Paul McCartney: Deep Cuts?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by alexpop, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Here's another hot rocking deep cut that's a favorite of mine...

2. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

It’s a great set. Still my favorite of all the deluxe boxes. I was 18 when the album came out in 1980 and did not *get it. I did connect with several songs, such “One of These Days,” but the quirky electronic romps weren’t for me at the time. As I grew up and listened to more varieties of music, I eventually appreciated the entire album. Then I found the bootleg The Lost McCartney Album with other tracks from the sessions and was hooked. I listen to a full playlist a lot.

joy stinson and Mkirk like this.
  3. FredV

FredV Senior Member

4. FredV

FredV Senior Member

5. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

To me this is one of the absolute best ballads of McCartney's career...

cuddlytoy and Bink like this.
  6. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

You win the absolute top prize..don’t know how these were missed thus far. Little lamb dragon fly is in my top three of his ballads and it and entire album are sadly often overlooked. Single pigeon is his only supper club style song complete with horn solo at the end. Also, you’ve posted the best audios and videos in the thread.

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt and supermd like this.
  7. joy stinson

It’s and associated singles has been rotating as my all time favorite Macca album. It’s his new wave electronica album with other well done genres on it. Later I found b**legs of his later eighties electronica. I’ll have to look online for that “lost Macca” album on my normal site for those kinds of things. A critic re reviewing the album much later said it forecast several future music styles twenty years in the future..gorillaz to trip hop. We’re about the same age, as I was 23 when the album came out. I’m so envious that you have it, lol. I understand it’s the rarest. I was a huge fan of new wave and buying many of those albums then.

8. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Aw Shucks, Thanks! :righton:

joy stinson likes this.
  9. FredV

FredV Senior Member

10. joy stinson

Loved this from first hearing..IMO it’s power pop. Especially love Linda in this video…a sport, really getting into it and love how he crossed this hands at end which he ironically did two years later when being carried up stairs when cameras were on him in Japan bust. Love this and “figure of eight,” the singles version, from a different era. These are two completely overlooked songs from my observation.

supermd and maywitch like this.
  11. FredV

FredV Senior Member

12. FredV

FredV Senior Member

I really like the song and video with Beck from McCartney III - Imagined. Keep an eye open for ‘Old’ Paul.

13. joy stinson

I enjoy all of his dancing videos unlike some probably ….besides Beatles MMT your mother should know, my favorite for the sheer audacity of it..this forum has mocked as “ cringe worthy” forum’s favorite phrase...is..Gotta sing, gotta dance when he dances in disco type platform shoes..also brown eyed handsome man. The man moves better than I do despite his age in later videos especially now with my current balance and walking problems, lol.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    maywitch likes this.
  14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Terrible dirge like production, still the song shines through.

joy stinson likes this.
  15. joy stinson

Truly with my increasing worsening multi health problems now to the point of home health care these last few years …this has become my song. When I first joined SHF some had posted this song in another thread.

supermd, Carlox, tedg65 and 2 others like this.
  16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Deep cut ?

Another Day … radio friendly, especially the jolly verse. … then morphs into .. so sad - bridge .. best bit, then jumps back into happy verse. It’s just another day, don’t forget raincoat. McCartney seemed to like this story song as he used it less effectively with Temporary Secretary

17. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I always liked this one too.

18. joy stinson

Yes..and hopefully you’re staying healthy as well.

19. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I don't know, this video still creeps me out somehow. It just feels that something is "not right."

joy stinson and alexpop like this.
  20. joy stinson

It’s creepy in a way I know ..but I usually like this kind of contemporary stuff, not even adverse to autotune….I could have seen Beatles doing stuff like this though ..they sort of did with their MMT walrus masks. The video isn’t “right” because is a deep fake..what, holograms are next? However, we may as well add deep fakes to deep cuts, lol.

21. joy stinson

I submit “figure of eight”..singles version..there’s a video of it…Utterly overlooked though opened his tour 89-90..left off the second pressing of tripping the live album and not on a hits type album though issued as a single.

22. FredV

FredV Senior Member

23. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Always liked this one too. And the album as well!

joy stinson likes this.
  24. joy stinson

Truly one of the underrated albums and eras..sorry used that overused word.

25. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Here's another one of my absolute favorite deep cuts from Wings, absolutely love the guitar playing in this song...

supermd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.