Paul McCartney - Egypt Station (#1 album in US) Appreciation Thread 2.0 - New and Improved

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Pepper, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Interesting video. Acting is hard.

I'd bully the heck out of that wet sweater, I'll tell you that.

Digital-G likes this.
  2. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

If I recall correctly, our insiders were expecting the Luxury Box to include lots of ephemera [stickers, marbles?, etc] and be very limited and VERY pricey [maybe a suitcase-style box??], and would be followed later by a more affordable [merely Deluxe] version with less ephemera. It remains to be seen if that is still the plan...

3. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

A very good video-clip for a very mediocre song, IMO. With so many good songs on the album, I can't understand why this was chosen.

4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Do you have any posts to cite?

I ask, because I recall Carrera stating there would be a very limited first pressing of the VINYL that would then be supplanted with a regular version, and encouraging folks to get the former. That was clearly the "concertina" vinyl format which had stickers stating it would only be a first pressing item. The "standard" vinyl isn't even a gatefold.

However, I've seen more than one person interpret this as referring to a super-special "deluxe" item, which I do not believe was his intent [Corrections welcome, Mike]. I just searched and he's never posted anything with the word "marble" or "marbles" in it here. I think that's just a long-running joke related to the Pink Floyd boxes of several years ago. Again, as I recall, the "suitcase" was another idea posited by members (but not insiders) here. It sounds logical, and could indeed be cool, but again, Mike has no posts with the word "suitcase" (that I can find), so I'd like to see any posts you can cite that show otherwise.

NOTE: I didn't search maccawings' posts, but he rarely posts any actual info; it's usually Mike who has the more valuable/specific info here.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

All I can say is $400 was a lot for the 11 discs of material in the BBB, and if this ES deluxe is around that price but half the content, that will be a huge disappointment.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah, I was mixing in speculation because it's almost all speculation. Marbles was my own addition because I just don't know what besides stickers or suitcase-shape case might possibly be included.

I think it was @maccawings [who seems to be on vacation currently] who hinted about this one more than Mike C. No, I don't have posts handy, but I may search a bit if I have time.....

mrjinks likes this.
  7. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

Pauls sweater looks pretty dry to me...

your a strange fellow:)

Who Cares and Frank like this.
  8. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Paul McCartney on Twitter:

"Stand up and show you care! “No need to hide the love you've got inside”... Share a photo and tag those you care about, reminding them you do! #WhoCaresIDo "

[​IMG]

supermd likes this.
  9. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

I think something between $150-$200 USD.

The Super Deluxe means something big so probably something similar to the Fireman Box Set: The Original Album, Bonus Disc with the 2 Bonus tracks + some unreleased studio recordings, and as you said, live versions. An Instrumental disc (right now there are two instrumental songs: Come On To Me and Who Cares), A Video disc with all the videos + Making of..., A Book with a lot of photos + 16 stickers, a lithograph with the album cover + HD 96/24 download card :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  10. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

That’s my best guess

Who Cares likes this.
  11. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Because the song was selected by nonprofit Creative Visions, Artemis Rising Foundation, and the Blue Chip Foundation, among others, as part of the anti-bullying campaign. The song is just perfect for the message.

theMess, EmmaK, angelees and 2 others like this.
  12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

The word 'Luxury' worries me a bit. I'll guess $400- plus.

13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

I am expecting a limited edition...

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

With so many live performances to celebrate the release of this album, it would be great to get one of those in HD on the luxury box. Something like Grand Central Station or Abbey Road... or both. Those are both pretty cool locations and performances. They could even do the pub from the Carpool Karaoke. So many options.

15. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

There will be a ES Super Deluxe coming.....the schedule announcement has already passed so now we're just sitting and waiting so I'd keep checking the official website daily as it could happen at any time

Nothing on contents yet

16. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

17. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Heh. I love the song, not wowed by the video (though I don't dislike it). Meanwhile, it does seem to be sparking at least a mild resurgence of interest in the album based on the Amazon CD/vinyl chart, where has crept up to no. 58 since the video release after lurking in the 70s and 80s -- not enough for a miraculous Billboard chart reentry without some help from ticket bundling.

NOTE: I posted this a while ago and it showed up twice. I deleted the apparent duplicate and both versions evaporated, so I'm trying again.

18. The only thing I want for a bonus release from Egypt Station are the unreleased tracks from the Ryan Tedder and Greg Kurstin sessions (and any others, if they exist).

19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

"Don't forget your umbrella"

[​IMG]

angelees and jmxw like this.
  20. Love the song.
    Love Macca’s work.
    Really becoming an Emma Stone fan.

I’m not qualified to judge the video, not being a nenber of the MTV generation- so what do others think about the video?

I can say - it’s another mischaracterization of hypnosis and offers nothing on bullying. The ending should include serious links on those subjects.

jmxw, Frank and Bruce M. like this.
  21. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

FKA002 likes this.
  22. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

It's a fun film and has a lot of messages about bullying...A great decision not to do a serious video with links...

In fact, there are a lot of organizations and companies behind the film: nonprofit Creative Visions, Artemis Rising Foundation, and the Blue Chip Foundation, among others, as part of the anti-bullying campaign. 2019 will be the caring year with many real actions.

There are many social accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to support the campaign: #WhoCaresIDo.

This is really big and not only a promo video for a Paul McCartney's song.

23. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

24. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Honestly, I expected more meteorology. Feel left a little flat on it TBQH.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  25. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry? Thread Starter

For me probably his best since Say, Say, Say over a third of a century ago!

supermd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.