Paul McCartney - Egypt Station (#1 album in US) Appreciation Thread 2.0 - New and Improved

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Pepper, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Who Cares Musical Short Film...

“We had a big idea and $5,” said Subtractive CEO Kyle Schember (Q&A Premiere)

2. beatlesfan9091

beatlesfan9091 Forum Resident

Paul is quite arguably the greatest musician of the past 100 years, but he can't act to save his life. Even in that short section before the music started, it was clear that he lacks talent in that department when acting in a scene with a professional like Emma Stone.

Other than that, I loved the video. Paul's videos seem to be either hit or miss. This one was a hit in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  3. Fortuleo

Fortuleo Used to be a Forum Resident

The funny thing is it never changed, it never evolved : he's been exactly the same since day 1 (A Hard Day's Night) as far as acting is concerned. In any and all of his attempts, he lacks the elementary sense of rhythm in his delivery. But I must admit I've learned to enjoy it !

JDeanB, forthlin, gsmile and 2 others like this.
  4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Which is why Robert DeNiro never bothers to record an album.

;)

theMess, BeatlesBop, JDeanB and 3 others like this.
  5. Fortuleo

Fortuleo Used to be a Forum Resident

Case in point…

starts at 0''34

CDC likes this.
  6. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Yeah...... I should receive mine in a day or two. A lot quicker than the BBB took to get to me after I received the shipping notice.

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  7. angelees

angelees Forum Resident

It's hilarious how bad of an actor he is. To make up for his prodigious songwriting, of course.

The video is great though.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    beatlesfan9091 and Who Cares like this.
  8. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

He is a great actor, an amazing actor...More than 50 years playing the role of Paul McCartney. I think his name is William :)

9. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

The Curmudgeon: The Case for Paul McCartney

"Best of all, the melody lines have all the unassuming surprises of his best inventions. It shouldn’t be long before jazz bands and R&B singers are covering songs such as “I Don’t Know,” “Come on to Me,” “Happy with You,” even the deliciously bawdy “Fuh You.” It’s proof that trends in pop music can come and go, but there’s still nothing harder than coming up with a melody that sounds new and irresistible. And no one over the past 60 years has done that better than Paul McCartney."

[​IMG]

theMess, BeatlesBop, tteal and 4 others like this.
  10. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I doubt the luxury edition of ES will be announced before Christmas. After 12/25? After the new year?

11. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Do you have inside info or is this just a guess?

12. Jerry Horne

I doubt it will be announced before Christmas as MPL seem to enjoy long vacations. Also, these type of releases are rarely announced when people are traveling during the holidays etc.

13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

The luxury edition was announced 4 months ago...

14. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

What I want, from a realistic standpoint, for the Egypt Station is a simple package, 12x12, with the cover to match the regular cover and the back be the regular back cover without the tracklisiting. That would look pretty.

As far as contents:
    1. 5 bonus tracks from the sessions and 5 live cuts(including a soundchecked I Don’t Know)
    2. A promotional trail reel like what was featured on the NEW DVD
    3. A pack of stickers of all the songs and other small goodies
    4. The full grand central station concert
    5. Making of doc with more video and sounds from the sessions and less talking heads and Beatles references(yes I’m looking at you Something New)
    6. Interview with the producers
    7. All the music videos in one place
    8. I would pay up to 200$ for this.
    Y’all can wake me up now..

15. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

"Who Cares I Do campaign"

[​IMG]

"Paul McCartney wrote Who Cares to inspire us to stand up to bullying and negativity. The song speaks about bullies - the ones who put you down- and try to keep you down. Paul’s lyrics encourage us to stand up for those who are being silenced and say, “ I care, We care.”

Creative Visions has partnered with Paul McCartney, Artemis Rising Foundation, the Blue Chip Foundation, Subtractive, Enso and Facebook, to launch #WhoCaresIDo, a global campaign inspired by the song and a musical film featuring Paul McCartney and Emma Stone.

We are engaging impact partners including Be Fearless Be Kind, CARE, No Bully, Special Olympics, Stomp Out Bullying, and The Trevor Project and inviting other organizations to help people take caring actions, raise compassionate kids and create communities and workplaces that nurture our humanity."

https://www.whocaresidoglobal.com/

16. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

susyredstripe likes this.
  17. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

cassette arrived! Simple paper sleeve with album art, no plastic case. Cassette is orange

18. Jerry Horne

Announced as available for pre-order I meant.

19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

MPL will send an email with all the information and the direct pre-order link...

20. Jerry Horne

That's what they're claiming will happen on the sign-up page at pm.com

Who Cares likes this.
  21. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

As @Who Cares said above, I don’t think you could have preordered in September, just sign up to be told when the official announcement was made. The announcement will probably contain a preorder link.

Who Cares likes this.
  22. Jerry Horne

That's correct.

kevintee likes this.
  23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Yeah, but...

If you wanted the red acrylic Tug of War limited edition, I don't think MPL managed to send out emails before the whole thing sold out - there were only 1000 of those and they were gone in <24 hrs. And the deluxe 1971-73 set just appeared on Paul's site with no announcement, initially. I know, because I saw a couple posts here from people who ordered the sets before anyone knew HOW to. I went to his website, ordered one for myself, then posted the sales link for everyone here. I trust the people on this site to keep me informed FAR more than I do the actual folks at MPL. I fully expect someone will post a purchase link at any time now for the deluxe Egypt box and, a couple days later, MPL will announce it's available for pre-order. Of course, the pre-orders might be all filled before MPL gets around to announcing it.

One thing their accounting people ought to be getting really good at is projecting sales for these things, but I'm not sure they are. These last two were boxes 11 & 12 in the series, right? Plus they know exactly how many BBBs they sold and they should be able to reasonably project just how many diehard McCartney completists are out there. Given the fact that they don't appear to have anticipated demand properly for the BBB, I'm skeptical!

Rob Hughes, marklamb, Paul H and 4 others like this.
  24. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I’m with @mrjinks and if you want one, act fast and stay checking the forums. That’s what I do.

theMess, supermd, Who Cares and 3 others like this.
  25. Jack

Jack Senior Member

You forgot marbles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.