Paul McCartney - Egypt Station (#1 album in US) Appreciation Thread 2.0 - New and Improved

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Pepper, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Promo.

MPLRecords likes this.
  2. nedison

nedison Peter Blegvad's #1 Fan

The deepest McCartney cut I ever heard while working at a grocery store about a decade back was This Never Happened Before and I was amazed. Our store definitely had some outside service piping in preprogrammed approved playlists and how that one got into rotation is beyond me, but twas a welcome change. My Brave Face was in regular rotation, heard it about twice a month.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  3. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

No B side. ☹️

4. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Why would they be available from Brazil only?

forthlin and MPLRecords like this.
  5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Actually not that surprising. It was released as a radio single and reached no. 27 on the AC chart, and was included in a movie soundtrack, "The Lake House."

mrjinks and MPLRecords like this.
  6. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

Wouldn't you think these are boots? Especially with the great printers that are out there. We've seen really nice printed homemade cds in these very threads that could be mistaken for real ones.

Who Cares and MPLRecords like this.
  7. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yes.

8. I don’t think they are boots. IIRC, a bunch of promo CD’s for Egypt Station have been released in Brazil, for whatever reason. They all have bar codes and catalog numbers. Anyway, I’ve asked the seller if they were released by Universal Music or are fan-made.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  9. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Maybe he really wants to get Back In Brazil...? :hide:

10. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Brazil is also home to quite a lot of Egypt Station bootlegs.
    "Back In Brazil" having promo discs down there makes absolute sense, but making "Get Enough" promos just for Brazil? Something's off...

Jonpd and forthlin like this.
  11. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

forthlin likes this.
  12. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Cancel your order, it's a bootleg... Someone here asked to the seller and it's no official...

Paul H and forthlin like this.
  13. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Boot...

Paul H and forthlin like this.
  14. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Boot...

JDeanB and forthlin like this.
  15. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

@5th-beatle from Brazil (Paul McCartney releases surprising new single 'Get Enough'... )

"I sent a message to that Brazilian ebay seller several weeks ago (when I first noticed his CDs) and he confirmed to me that all of his "promo" CDs of Egypt Station tracks are created by himself, as a way of providing some sort of collectible to fans who like the idea of having those songs in individual discs with special art."

16. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

Thanks...I will see if I can.

17. jacden

jacden Senior Member

My homemade ES deluxe edition... On reel to reel. It may not be much to look at packaging-wise, but it suits me. Looking forward to adding more tracks after the official deluxe set is released.

[​IMG]

Who Cares, tteal, omikron and 7 others like this.
  18. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Simply AMAZING! Although I would have add In The Blink Of An Eye

jacden likes this.
  19. jacden

jacden Senior Member

Hey thanks! I've added "In The Blink Of An Eye" to my New tape along with the other in-between-albums tracks. That way the tracks are in chronological order when I play both tapes back-to-back.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  20. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I always suspected those promo CD's to be boots of some kind. I feel sorry for anyone who's purchased and kept theirs without knowing it's a fake.

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Yeah, these are fake as were the French “I Don’t Know” and “Come on to Me” promo singles with radio edits which have disappeared from ebay

22. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

In The Blink Of An Eye is another thing and has not even emerged from the ES sessions ... It's another Carl Davis colab. I personally would not add it to that reel. Just saying, I also see the argument that it neither belongs to New or ES but could be attached to both as for the release date. Sonically I'd rate it somewhat closer to ES, there you're right. But - nevermind, it's just another stray track, just as Cut Me Some Slack (2012), (I Want To) Come Home (2012).
    Or Come And Get It which was released in 2015, just a bit earlyer than ITBOAE. (Check it out, the whole album by The Hollywood Vampires is A Whole Lotta Fun.)

23. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

I've seen plenty on here who believe it belongs with BS. ;)

omikron, jmxw, FKA002 and 2 others like this.
  24. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

Lol
    I certainly meant Brazil Station. ;)

Took the chance to correct this. ^^ I don't rate it High And Low, just average OK. :) McCartney has indeed been found guilty of petty crimes, but This One's not to be So Bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.