Paul McCartney - Egypt Station - Traveller’s Edition / Explorer's Edition*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jack, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

This is the exact type of product I wanted released. I have no interest in buying these this, and will happily bide my time until I can hear the bonus and live tracks through some digital portal. But, the fact that the other tracks are being held onto - for presumably a follow up album with ostensibly the same sonic stamp as Egypt Station, is really what I wanted. I believe that since a September release worked last time, that we'll get a duplicate of that schedule, which frankly was a lot of fun. All summer to anticipate, then the McCartney album, a Christmas Beatles release, a Lennon or Harrison thing, and then a McCartney Archives edition something or other. I've been doing new-Beatles releases since Press to Play, and this Summer/Fall was the most fun I've ever had doing this type of thing. I'll gladly take a repeat.

2. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Okay - totally fair point!

Paperback Writer likes this.
  3. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

If he is holding out for a new album this year (or next!) I'll be thrilled.

JDeanB likes this.
  4. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

The extended "Who Cares" is probably the instrumental piece included in the closing credits of the video. The real kicker is it appears that the bonus audio is only available on vinyl...

"Exclusive Limited Edition Bonus 180G Vinyl Pressing of Egypt Station II in "Night Scene” blue, featuring three previously unreleased tracks — ‘Frank Sinatra’s Party’, ‘Sixty Second Street’ and extended cut of Egypt Station single ‘Who Cares’ — as well as four live performances of Egypt Station tracks taken from Abbey Road Studios, The Cavern Club, LIPA and Paul’s iconic performance at Grand Central Station"

Arnold Grove likes this.
  5. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

LOL at the title Egypt Station II... tucked away inside these suitcases... this is going to drive some people absolutely batty!

6. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

I support, when I can, our local mom and pop so I don't usually buy from Amazon....at least the big stuff.

7. Saul Pimon

Saul Pimon Co-hosts Nothing Is Real Beatles Podcast (Jason!)

Ha, I like this! I’m enjoying the fact that I won’t be buying this, and I agree with you: As a Beatle fan forged in the 80s, the end of 2018 was a bounty of great releases. Good fun.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  8. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

I suspect your suggestion will follow once those 3000 copies are gone. Otherwise, such an extravagant package doesn’t make sense as a big money maker from just those who can rattle their jewelry.

9. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Is this basically just packaging up all the stuff that was on sale right when this was released? Well, not sure about the crossword puzzle, but I think I remember everything else being available.

longdist01 likes this.
  10. milo

milo Forum Resident

I signed up for the email like many others just to see the price. If it goes for over $200 I'll pass, I already have about 5 copies of this album on all available formats.

11. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

And download, I think. ("HD Audio of all tracks.")

12. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Yeah, I can't wait to spend $500 on this limited edition set to just throw it in a landfill.

13. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

Coming up next: a limited edition Egypt Station true to size pyramid to keep in your own private desert.

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

when my friend had his advanced listening session, he was told that there were 22 tracks. I posted it originally after they sent it to me prior to release. We have 19 out there and with 3 bonus tracks, that makes 22. So it looks like an accurate number.

15. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Got to admit, the titles of these two new songs aren't exactly filling me with much hope.

"Sixty Second Street"? Is that about the 62nd street or is it a 60 second long song?

Do we really want a song where a 76 year old Paul does an impression of Frank Sinatra?

Rojo likes this.
  16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yup,

I'd been holding off opening the free copy of "ES" I got for ticket purchases, but now there's no need, as I'm certainly not buying this special edition.

If they put out a $25 2-CD set, I'd be in, but I'm not shelling out massive bucks for this monstrosity!

marklamb likes this.
  17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

good luck to all who will try to get it. Will be nice to know the cost, trying to find out

18. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

WHO CARES a extended version of who cares!!
    :whistle::whistle:

Wingspan and paustin0816 like this.

19. Don’t be surprised if the Sinatra Party song is actually, a formal, crooner ballad version of “If You Come On To Me. “

Think about it.

Haristar likes this.
  20. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

So it’s not clear if the other 3 tracks (target and single) will be on this, right?

21. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

McCartney's official site says the three bonus tracks already released are "also included" but doesn't explain where.

Egypt Station II
    1. Frank Sinatra’s Party
    2. Sixty Second Street
    3. Who Cares (Full Length)
    4. Come On To Me (Live At Abbey Road Studios)
    5. Fuh You (Live At The Cavern Club)
    6. Confidante (Live At LIPA)
    7. Who Cares (Live At Grand Central Station)

Also included:
    1. Get Started
    2. Nothing For Free
    3. Get Enough​

Lewisboogie and WilliamWes like this.
  22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

It's the same packaging via Target edition, no?

23. It’s would be interesting if they pulled a Dylan Blue Box thing and later sent a link for lots of bonus audio to buyers of the set.

24. The key to the newly announced Egypt suitcase package is this:

When your spouse finds out you bought this - and throws you out of the house - at least you have a suitcase

The Valentines Day message from Macca, I prefer, is this:

andrewskyDE and marklamb like this.
  25. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

A box of toys and stickers? Ill gladly pass. We are being offered this over a second edition of the BBB?? A second edition of that set I would buy instantly but this one just seems non essential...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.