Paul McCartney 'Find My Way' Video with Beck

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FredV, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Vince, this fake Macca video is my kind of stuff…a contemporary version of Coming up and your adding live peace album cover and merging it with the Simpsons is genius.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Vinyl_Blues, nosticker and FredV like this.
  2. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

This has probably…actually already happened….as folks claim we’ve been in the matrix a long time.

Paulwalrus likes this.
  3. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Lots of fun. Not 100% convincing 100% of the time but I really enjoyed it.

4. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I loved this. There are currently a load of Hollywood stars calling their plastic surgeons saying "I want whatever Paul McCartney had".

5. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

He's pissed because the calendar is out of date:shh:

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

All credit goes to the creator of this thread....
    I just added the quote...

joy stinson likes this.
  7. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I think the face is a mash up of Beck and Paul

8. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Immediately reminded me of the Coming Up video :)

9. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

A little disappointing the deep fake is the weakest part of the production. It’s not terrible but if you know what to look for it’s far from convincing.

possumdude and nojmplease like this.
  10. vince

I DO have to watch it again...
    I assume 'racking up' the VIEWS on the YouTube means big money!

joy stinson likes this.
  11. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt Just spinning on my axis

1:44-50 is my favourite segment. Great moves. Very sexy. :love: For a fake. lol. Sorry fellas, you'll have to excuse my fangirl moment. :D

2:19 - is he doing the spider thingy from early Beatles that he did with John? A little nod to that perhaps? Edit: obv I'm thinking Paul might have had some creative input...not that the dancer knew about the spider thingy. lol

12. Col

Col Forum Resident

13. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

Sorry @Col You're right to call me out on that. [I couldn't quote you because it wouldn't let me.]. So we can both appreciate the not at all unpleasant aesthetics of this video. :agree:

joy stinson likes this.
  14. Col

Col Forum Resident

Thank you,Mrs Vanderbilt-how ironic,I played that today!

15. Are You saying that if you took a 20-year old Paul and a 20-year old you, and put you both on a dance floor, that you'd do the horizontal bop? :shh:

16. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

Don't you mean Bip Bop? :laugh: I'm allowed to dream of being 20+ years younger...in a parallel dimension in 1964...

cedricwarner and joy stinson like this.
  17. Fab Four Revolution

Fab Four Revolution Forum Resident

This is amazing!! It's incredible how far the technology has come in the last decade alone, and the fact they push it to the limits by having him go close up to the camera as well is quite impressive.

Love the old Macca cameo at 0:39 too!

Fantastic video, I hope it gets lots of attention.

18. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Loved it!

joy stinson likes this.
  19. Fab Four Revolution

Slightly different! In the Marvel films, say for Tony Stark and Nick Fury, they had Robert Downey Jr. and Samuel L Jackson perform their roles on set, and then the visual effects teams went in and de-aged their faces to make them look younger, thus retaining their actual performances. They look younger, but it's still the performance of RDJ and SLJ.

That's not the case for this video since Paul McCartney is not playing himself. Instead they would've had a dancer of similar build with a similar hairstyle to young Paul perform, then in post-production they would've replaced his face with that of young Paul's. I don't know how well Beck can dance but I'm assuming that he only plays Paul for the final shot, and they have an actual dancer for the rest of the film.

Insane stuff though! This past decade has seen multiple advances in this technology and getting it to look right is extremely hard given how advanced we all are at reading faces. Extremely hard. Even if it's not pitch perfect, they've done a really great job with this video honestly.

20. vince

I assume the oldest person they've used their de-aging process on is Micheal Douglas...
    Maybe it just isn't on the screen as long as this video, but, they did a much better job on Micheal than this video. Weather it's him that they've de-aged, it's hard to tell.
    Look how young he looks!

Tord, 905 and joy stinson like this.
  21. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Yes that was my impression too.
    Have they wanted to really do a "Beatles Paul" face they could have.
    Deepfaking is really extraordinary and almost limitless today.

(Remember that video from two years ago ?
    )

joy stinson and EVOLVIST like this.
  22. Yes, yes! I stand corrected. Bip Bop. Most certainly! We're all allowed to dream whatever we wish. :righton:

23. This gave me the chills up and down my arms. I had never seen this. Take a bunch of ass holes and make them sing about peace, it becomes quite impactful. Thank you.

Zongadude likes this.
  24. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

You just won the Internet for today.

Then, again, there are many reasons to yell at that album.

Dan

joy stinson and vince like this.
  25. Fab Four Revolution

Yeah, they deaged Michael Douglas for Antman and the Wasp. You couldn't use the same method they used for Michael Douglas here though because, being 79, Paul can't dance like that younger dancer, whereas Douglas' performance was able to be carried out by himself. If you watch Martin Scorsese's The Irishman, there's one scene where Robert DeNiro's character kicks at a shopkeeper. Sure his character might be de-aged to look 40-50 but he's kicking with the agility of a 75 year old and it's very noticable. So 'de-aging' Paul McCartney himself would be out of the question.

Also keep in mind that Marvel's films have extraordinarily huuuuuge budgets especially compared to music videos these days (that Antman film had a budget between $130,000,000 to $195,000,000 alone, so you can imagine just how much was spent on the visual effects). In saying that, this music video would've had a pretty decent budget all things considered! And the benefit of doing it a few years later too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.