Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Amen to that...……...I get respecting George's final wishes, but we are at a point where most "legacy" acts including his old band have opened their vaults!

As the man himself sang "If that's what it takes"!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  2. TheHutt

TheHutt Forum Resident

Given the situation with the Apollo factory and all that, I am in hindsight glad to have grabbed a copy of the firstpress last year, even if it cost me 99€.

longdist01 likes this.
  3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Congratulations. You should be glad indeed, especially considering this remark from someone who knows what he's talking about:

maccawings likes this.
  4. londonsummer

londonsummer Well-Known Member

sorry, what are you referring to here?

5. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

This:
    Apollo Transco lacquer factory destroyed by fire

They were one of two remaining suppliers of blank discs for creating stamper masters. [The other is in Japan and fully booked for a while, I understand...]

6. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

While everyone's waiting for that first slice, there's some George-related news: the score album for Time Bandits is getting a CD release that includes his version of "Dream Away."
    It's on Intrada, and will be available on Amazon.com for American CD buyers.

7. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Dark Horse Records Partners with BMG, Will Release New Recordings

:D

8. londonsummer

londonsummer Well-Known Member

can you share that photo of the turquoise ROTOGRAVURE? thanks.

Wingsfan2012 and mikecarrera like this.
  9. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

With the Flaming Pie box solidly looking like July 2020, news on here will be slow the next couple of months.

I created a new poll involving the anticipated London Town/Back to The Egg Archive boxes for late 2020 or early 2021.

Lewisboogie and pokemaniacjunk like this.
  10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

What if Broad Street and Press To Play end up being announced as the next releases after Flaming Pie? :hide:

omikron likes this.
  11. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

This Forum will close down.... ;)

12. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I think most people will start off in a state of shock

[​IMG]

Which will quickly morph into rage

[​IMG]

However if Press To Play were next I would be quite happy myself.

[​IMG]

Lovich, WilliamWes, JDeanB and 4 others like this.
  13. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

I doubt it. Those boxes won't be out late 2020 or early 2021. Hope I'm wrong.

14. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Would love to see them but doubt it as well

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  15. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

So, are your guesstimates that there will be no Archives in 2021 or there will be Archives, just neither of these two?

16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

oops just read that, I think sometime 2021. But obviously, the quicker the better from my stand point. Only time will tell

Wingsfan2012, kevintee and augustboy like this.
  17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

no, I think we are both disagreeing that LT and BTTE will also be this year as well as Flaming Pie. I would guess sometime next year in 2021 but time will tell.

Wingsfan2012, Oyster Boy and kevintee like this.
  18. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

But again, I would love to be wrong in that speculation.

Oyster Boy and kevintee like this.
  19. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Well given that Flaming Pie, if released in July would be nineteen months after the last archive sets, I can't see another being announced a few months later, but I would love to be wrong as well:)

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  20. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

No way on earth the next Archive Collection release after Flaming Pie is in 2020. On fact, based on the spacing pace established, it may not be here until early 2022.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  21. WildWildHorses49

WildWildHorses49 Forum Resident

That is what Linda said on IMWAN
    IMWAN • [2020-07-24] Paul McCartney "Flaming Pie" Paul McCartney Archive Collection editions (MPL/Capitol)
    She mentions her source being "Team McCartney" and as you can tell on the website, she's got to know a lot of upcoming releases in advance, and she's been proved truthful 99,9% of the time so one must wonder...
    But after all, plans keep on changing right?..

22. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I think it's pretty clear Mike is saying it's doubtful LT/BTTE will come out in late 2020 or early 2021.

That still leaves the door open for late 2021...

["Hope dies last..."]

23. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Wingsfan2012 and C_Jepson like this.
  24. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Part of me really does too but man! Some people have got to figure out how to budget for these things and it's hard. Three sets in the span of about 6 months really pushing the budgetary needs of people. Plus throw in Let It Be.

It's not like you can just "wait to ask for it for Xmas" because these things with the musical exclusives and extras are sold in a day.

There were tons of posts on concerns from people here about how they were going to pay for the BBB. And that was just 1 big set.

Flaming Pie is going to be huge and I can only assume there will be another exclusive mega combo with LT/BTTE.

Some people are really going to be saddened by not being able to get these limited sets simply because they have things like babies or medical bills or aging parents to take care of. I pray I'm not one of them!

Honestly not trying to gripe but they have got to know that life is happening out there and it costs money too. Throw the fans a bone and allow some time to save because honestly those are the only people who are going to pony up cash for this big sets. If I'm in, I'm in for the big enchilada. I don't want the measly 2-disc.

25. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

yeah, don't think so:cool:, if you follow my posts, already commented on this, she only "knows" what's out there, she does NOT have a clue of the inside and here is proof:
    "Team McCartney says that London Town and Back To The Egg are still scheduled for Christmas, but we'll be getting a giant serving of Flaming Pie for summer! The big box will be a 5CD/2DVD set, with smaller configurations also released on the same day. More details to come."

Well, the BIG box is NOT 5 CD/2DVD;), if she has contacts with "team McCartney" I'm sure they will tell her the BIG Box of FP is not that one. Just saying. But what do I know.
    "team McCartney" I'm sure is just another member of the SH forum lol

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020