Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

I did the same for The Beatles singles set last year. So I guess I can't use the UD20OFF coupon either. Sticking with my Bullmoose order as well!

2. Udiscover charges right as you pull the trigger.

longdist01 and joeislive like this.
  3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Wingsfan2012 and 5th-beatle like this.
  4. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Very tempted to order thru udiscover at the price, but never dealt with them before. I seem to remember some negative reviews from the Singles box set last year regarding much longer delivery times then originally promised.Amazon for all it’s faults, is just much more reliable and convenient when it comes to getting your stuff and canceling or returning if need be. And even though they say scheduled to ship in late August, they seem to do that more frequently for pre orders placed months in advance only to have the delivery date move back to the original release day (give or take a day or two) the closer it gets to release.
    I know the discount is a big one, but the truth is since I already carved out the 250 price for this set since it was announced, I’m already prepared to pay that if it means getting my set early and not having to wait any longer then need be and dealing with customer service and tracking numbers etc.
    First world problems completely, I guess I’m just looking for people who have dealt with udiscover to reassure me that they are at least on bull moose’s level regarding shipping lol

5. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

That was my question a few pages back. My McCartney II is in 13000s. The next ones seem to go lower and the price upwards – has anyone ever seen a Flowers in the Dirt or Wild Life above 10,000?
    If the count is less than 10k for Flaming Pie, and we know the first 3000 of those is re-allocated to the über box, that means that there's a lot less copies to make up for the production cost.
    Clearly someone believes it's better to soak the fans for a few dollars more than to keep extra stock around for future fans.

6. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Cristiano Cortellazzi and Sargon like this.
  7. thisisscottjohnson

thisisscottjohnson Well-Known Member

Is uDiscover essentially the same company as MusicVaultz?

8. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I’ve only used them 3 times and have had no problems. While I feel very comfortable using Amazon ( which I use overwhelmingly), the wide delivery date estimate combined with such a cost disparity, made me waiver this time. While I know the Amazon price will fall somewhat.....At $259 now, I really doubt it will come down even close to UDiscover’s $153.60

Wingsfan2012, joeislive and Sargon like this.
  9. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I've ordered a couple of times from them, and got the same message about a tracking number being sent. Nope. Never got it. The albums did however arrive in perfect shape, so no harm, no foul.

10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I wonder whether other people who ordered from uDiscover US actually got tracking codes or just a confirmation email saying they would receive that code upon shipping.
    Did you get a tracking code for each of those 3 orders?

11. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

CLICK THESE:

(This one is short and to the point.)
    - - - uDiscover is rated "Poor" with 2.1 / 5 on Trustpilot

(This one is a Hoffman.) - - -
    uDiscover music is uDiscomforting

Like I said, IF you get what you ordered, when you ordered, in the condition you ordered and don't have to contact them after ordering, you WILL be one of the many a happy campers.
    For me, probably not worth the potential hassle. Amazon costs more, but you are paying for a SERVICE. My occasional shipping/postal damage issues necessitates a company I can rely on.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

All 3 times I received a tracking number and all arrived fine and not damaged. Maybe I’ve been lucky

Wingsfan2012 and Deano6 like this.
  13. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Sticking with Bull Moose, which repeatedly undercuts Amazon initial list pricing, creating the ultimate bench line for all mail order prices on these in-demand items. And Bull
    Moose always ships on time- no annoying delays. If I end up paying a few bucks more, it is worth it to stick with them. They earn our business.

14. thisisscottjohnson

thisisscottjohnson Well-Known Member

Cancelled the uDiscover order and staying with Bullmoose for this reason. I want to support customer service that has integrity.

15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Apparently I used UD20OFF as well, though I have no memory of ordering anything from them.

It works if you go through a different email address, though! :shh:

Lewisboogie likes this.
  16. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I had a MusicVaultz order that I cancelled & ordered from uDiscover. Thanks Beave!

17. WildWildHorses49

WildWildHorses49 Forum Resident

Wasn't In The World Tonight supposed to be broadcasted in the U.K. sometime this month?

18. Its been hit and miss with the U Store for me. Sometimes I get tracking other times not. Several times I’ve pre ordered Macca releases from them right when they’ve gone on sale and didn’t get product for over a month if at all. Other times a few days after release date a package as arrived . Had to get refunds more than once.

I try to avoid them and would rather pay a bit more for a sure thing.

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I’ve been lucky but Amazon is my usual go to (99%) of the time. But sending me a delivery window that wide after a release and being $133 more for the same order lost my business on this one

marklamb, PhoffiFozz, Mazzy and 2 others like this.
  20. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I'm sticking with Amazon for my 2 CD and 2 LP's, mostly because of the LP's. Their return policy is great, and since I live in Cypress (just northwest of Houston) where it can get a tad bit warm in July and August, I want to have an easy return if my records arrive looking more like wavy black salad bowls.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  21. Chris Harrod

Chris Harrod Well-Known Member

What do you all think of the sound of the new remasters for Young Boy & World Tonight?

22. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

They sound very expensive

peace and love✌Dave

23. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

Yeah I just can't imagine getting these sets August 31st or September 1st. Chances are we get them on July 31st or the following week

24. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I totally respect that. It is disconcerting that Amazon refuses to budge on their prices. $133 in savings deserves serious consideration.

I'm not familiar with Bull Moose, but from what I am reading on here (from loyal customers who are going with them), it sounds like they might be the best of BOTH worlds - lower prices AND great customer support. (Do they have a no hassle return policy like Amazon)?

I never heard of them before. Are they an East coast U.S. store or chain?

25. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Yep. Northeast. Great service.

Sargon likes this.