Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Your point?

2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Framing and displaying these posters/pics etc. is a complete non-issue for me.

The sets aren't compromised in any way by carefully removing and displaying the artwork. (They can easily be returned to the box at any time).
    Can't think of the need to keep things together, (All Together Now), unless I was getting ready to sell a box set, which ain't gonna happen anyway.

With regard to folded posters, also not a problem. My All Things Must Pass poster his multiple folds and that is one bad ass cool poster that I have framed and on display for many years.
    The White Album poster, Imagine, are all folded and all iconic.:love: - A big part of my growing up. I have rolled posters on display, but they don't trump my folded ones by a long shot.

(Sage wisdom from old Sargy): "Sometimes the image exceeds the folds." :pleased:

As for the deluxe box sets making it difficult to "get at" the music, also not a problem. I DO NOT store my cds and dvds that I play, in those boxes anyway. These go in separate jewel cases.
    Those abrasive cardboard slit holders will scratch your discs. In fact, if you look, many are already scratched from the factory. (A reality I discovered and decided to live with).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    marklamb and AppleCorp3 like this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Social distancing on the train... ;)

As someone mentioned, this was taken a few years ago.

longdist01, DrBeatle and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  4. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

When you're living in America, perhaps ;)
    But if I were to buy from one of these US "deal" offers, I would have to add massive shipping costs AND add taxes and customs costs.
    And then if I buy from a UK or EU spot, the price tag is 300€, that means $350. And there's no $100 off deal to be found.
    We're losing either way ;)

sonnyrock and Sargon like this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

It's still a fanboy fantasy though, isn't it? You're on the train and there's Macca, just sitting by himself!

He sees you, waves you over, and has a three-hour chat in which he tells you everything he's kept under wraps all these years! :D

6. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yes...like how he wrote "Yesterday", or how he came up with "the movement you need is on your shoulder" line in "Hey Jude". :righton:

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Oh, that's fantasy talk. He'll never reveal those secrets - they go to the grave with him!

8. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Then you find out it was actually Billy Shears and he was yanking your chain. ;)

Oatsdad, Darrin L. and DrBeatle like this.
  9. Arnold Grove

What do you mean by a fanboy fantasy? That scenario happens to me every other week with Paul... ;)

longdist01 and Oatsdad like this.
  10. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Totally 100% agree. I've got a bootleg that is the soundtrack to that film and it's one of my go-to Wings/solo Paul listens. The film is fun as hell, too.

longdist01 and Darrin L. like this.
  11. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Every other week:
    Arnie: "'Scrambled eggs'... you don't say! That's just amazing! And how about Hey Jude? Do you have any memories of that one?" :)

12. Arnold Grove

2 hours and 45 minutes discussing "Bip Bop".
    15 minutes chatting about vegetarian dishes.

;)

13. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

And never once did you ask..." who sang the aahhhs on "A Day in the Life"!?!?! :cussing:

The Beave and longdist01 like this.
  14. Arnold Grove

I don't need to ask questions with obvious answers. :shh:

The Beave, longdist01 and Darrin L. like this.
  15. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Without doubt, it should have been a standalone release

DrBeatle likes this.
  16. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

You should asked him to hum few bars of "Carnival of Light". :bdance:

longdist01, Arnold Grove and marklamb like this.
  17. cakeordeath

cakeordeath Forum Resident

Well, I cancelled my Amazon order today for the Deluxe Edition. I just do not feel the value is there for the cost. Even if it get's discounted. I feel this should have started maybe tops at $175 and then discounted from there. I did pre-order the Hires from Qobuz for $46.10.

I also, today, pre-ordered "Venus, Cupid, Folly and Time - Thirty Years of The Divine Comedy CD Boxset". The total cost for that with UPS worldwide shipping is $201.60. 24 CDs. I think that will keep me busy this fall.

coffeetime likes this.
  18. MaccaBeGood

MaccaBeGood Forum Resident

Speaking of pricing, this is the current pricing for the Deluxe set. Never have I seen Amazon having the highest price for an item!! I fully expected Amazons price to drop, like for 3 hours in the middle of a Wednesday night/Thursday morning but ... NO!! Based upon these prices, I am considering importCDs for the deluxe ... or perhaps dropping down to the 2-CD set.

Anyone have experience dealing with importCDs?

Amazon - $259.98
    https://www.amazon.com/Flaming-Pie-...1594754711&sprefix=flaming+pie,aps,183&sr=8-2

Bull Moose - $209.97
    - Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie (Deluxe Edition)

Deep Discount - $199.99
    Paul McCartney Flaming Pie on DeepDiscount

importCDs - $183.15
    Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Limited Edition, Deluxe Edition, With DVD, Remastered on ImportCDs

Paul McCartney site – $255.98
    Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie - Deluxe Edition – Paul McCartney Official Store

The Beave and Sargon like this.
  19. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I've went with them about 6-7 times.. never had any problems.

But I agree.. Amazon charging more than the official store is wild.

Does Qobuz provide any artwork scans or just the audio?

20. I cancelled mine as well. It’s a great looking box but all I really want is the music.

21. Nerktwin

Nerktwin Forum Resident

I framed the Mr. Kite poster from the Sgt. Pepper box set and it’s a stunner. Maybe I should make this a Covid project and pull out some faves from the deluxe sets and get them framed. Hmm, something to think about!

wayneklein, longdist01 and Ern like this.
  22. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

What’s yours? What’s his? The picture is not Paul on the train recently.

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I don't see where he claims anything of the sort; he merely mentioned he found the picture on Twitter. I like the picture, and I'm glad he posted it, recent photo or not. This, in a thread about a non-recent album. Got it! :righton:

24. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

As a mod on another forum, (drumforum.org), I do understand taking a break. I moderate on that forum but, after 15 years, I don't post hardly ever and have to step away.
    What cracks me up, however, is posting that your leaving. I guess members want to make a point.
    Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
    I'm in for the deluxe and 3 lps. After the Suitcase, I do feel a little burned.

maccawings likes this.
  25. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

Let’s be real...if it was autographed , people would be angry that he only signed his first name!