Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

A bunch of people. See the last several pages of the thread.

2. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

That's it. As a Macca perfectionist, this is really irritating. A small fault it may be, but it's supposed to be superior to the original.

I would be even more pissed off if I bought the overly priced super deluxe version!!

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I have an unshipped package from "Warehousing Pro LLC" that I assume = "Pie".

It's supposed to arrive between 8:30 AM and 12:30 PM today... which has passed.

And according to the UPS app... it's still at the stage of "Order Processed - Ready for UPS".

:wtf:

4. followmehome

followmehome Forum Resident

No.

[​IMG]

(The remaster is the top spectrum frequency graph)
    The remaster also runs faster than the orignal. So if you want to hear the album at the correct speed, you need to keep hold of the original CD or LP. I'll take music playing at the correct speed over "better seperation" and pseudo-increased dynamic range any day of the week.

The Beave likes this.
  5. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

This seems to be one of the commonly reported problems with some of these great deals on-line stores. IF you have a problem or delay with your order, it can be difficult to get a response

I've also noticed that the (not so great deals) PaulMcCartney site takes at least a few days for them to respond. You will get an acknowledgement email, but it takes some days to actually hear back from them. (Could be the nature of the beast).

Seems like Bullmoose folks are the happiest around here. (I live on the opposite coast, and my concern for shipping damages caused me to not try them out because of the distance).

Amazon is very responsive, but with my recent problems with Amazon's shipping/quality control, I'm starting to rethink some of this. Does Bullmoose package their shipments almost as good as Acoustic Sounds? (BTW, if you are wondering why I asked almost, you haven't received a shipping box from Acoustic Sounds!)

(Just got two notifications that something(s) is at my door!!!! ) Bye!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  6. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

The hi res download that came with the box sounds amazing, or at least the original album does. The album just has life! The electric guitars come in hot! Bass sounds much better as well, as do the drums. Vocals have space now, same with the strings. Not a great review, but the album just sounds wonderful. "If You Wanna" was a standout for me, was never a favorite but this new remaster almost makes it feel like a new song.

On to the bonus tracks! :righton:

7. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Yes. Exactly as you. They suck.

8. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I wonder if they focused on getting out all the Collectors sets first? And now it's the weekend and they won't resume shipping until Monday.

They must have a limited crew manifesting and applying shipping labels.

9. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

What's the best price going on this set? I haven't pulled the trigger but am considering it.

Carl80 likes this.
  10. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

Yep. I'm getting the 2 CD & 2 LP versions and I'm having the same experience. I cancelled my Amazon pre order to save around $15. Kinda wish I'd stayed with it now.

Sargon likes this.
  11. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Bullmoose packed mine expertly. Bubble wrap, cardboard, air pillows top and bottom.
    My shipping box was damaged, but contents are perfect.
    A++

12. Yeah I hate the chasing around to save a few bucks but I get that folks have to be thrifty whenever possible. Sometimes there’s a trade off.

Wingsfan2012, JamesD1957 and Sargon like this.
  13. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Please don't tell me there's something wrong with Souvenir, it's only my favorite track on the entire record.

omikron, theMess and Sargon like this.
  14. Karl Denver

Karl Denver You’ll get nothing and like it!

I just got a text from Udiscover saying my deluxe has shipped! That should hopefully be good news for all of us waiting on notification! Hopefully all who are waiting will get yours today also!

omikron and Dreaddazzman like this.
  15. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

I raised it earlier in the thread.

16. The cheaper Collectors set I ordered yesterday already shipped from U. My original order From day one is set to arrive early in the coming week so I’ll wait for either a response to my discount request for the first one, set up a return or ......

Sargon likes this.
  17. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

True. But I really didn't need to do it. I got caught up in all the excitement of saving $ at UDiscover. At the time Amazon was showing a Tuesday delivery so I thought it would be pretty close. Now I feel like Sally after missing "Tricks or Treats" in the Charlie Brown Halloween special. ;)

omikron and Mazzy like this.
  18. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Does anyone have a link to an accurate guitar tab for "Calico Skies"? All the ones I'm seeing online are more chords as opposed to the fingerpicking Paul does. Thanks.

19. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

And they call her Sally . . .
    Sally G, why do you wanna do the things you do to me.:cussing:

omikron and JamesD1957 like this.
  20. Nerktwin

Nerktwin Forum Resident

Collector’s Edition check in: #1448

Ordered from Paul’s website. Shipped to NYC. Arrived today.

Opening soon...

21. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

22. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I missed any potential conversation about this but I wondered if anyone knew why “Cello In Ruins” wasn’t included in the set or if it might be an online download at some point ?

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

No one knows why, and it's doubtful it will be available as a free download. There ya go. :)

theMess likes this.
  24. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Hello Ben. We were wondering about you and hoping you've been well. :)

25. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

ARCHIVE GIRLS SCHOOL QUICK QUESTION:

That awesome single Girls' School isn't on any of my archive double lps. Is this not available on a long playing record? Heck, they have just about every other b side from the 70s on them!
    I have it on 45, cd bonus track, but not lp - that I aware of. Stellar song!

Is it at least sitting around on one of my archive cds in a corresponding archive deluxe book? (Perhaps they are reserving it for a future archive release).

(Great 45 picture sleeve cover BTW!)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    omikron likes this.