Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

longdist01 and omikron like this.
  2. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Yeah, Paul must have done a deal with Rolling Stone to get a big feature in the mag about Flaming Pie in exchange for an exclusive track which draws people to the RS website.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  3. Never mind—I see there are some other exclusives. Someone post where to find them?

Lewisboogie likes this.
  4. Did the McCartney 50th Anniversary half-speed LP get shelved?

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm reading Luca's excellent McCartney Recording Sessions book to dig deeper into Flaming Pie, and he mentions the soundtrack CD to Father's Day has an alternate mix of "The World Tonight." Does anyone have this? How does it compare to the album mix?

6. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

Internet slang. Means thick, but sexy.

Lewisboogie, supermd and Tracey like this.
  7. Wiserforthetime

It was set for August 29 RSD drop. Now it seems to be on the September drop

longdist01 likes this.
  8. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Anyone else enjoying the hell out of immersing themselves in this album? God, I didn't realize I liked this album as much as I do. It's really, really good. This uncompressed mastering is absolutely killer. I was certainly not expecting that.

9. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Often used as an adjective for posteriors...

10. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Also the half-speed mastering LPs make me feel like listening to FP for the first time. It‘s that good...

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Does anyone have any information on the George Martin session of 1992 that yielded "Calico Skies"and "Great Day?"

theMess and Paperback Writer like this.
  12. Lesbeat

Lesbeat Forum Resident

Ordered from PMC.com on 12 June 2020 my collector’s edition # 3028 arrived today. I’m still waiting on my deluxe edition, and my 3 LP set arrived yesterday.

Max Wilbury and colindpratt like this.
  13. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Im happy for u! But my Amazon order on June 12, still hasnt arrived....grrr...

14. Wiserforthetime

15. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Wiserforthetime and omikron like this.
  16. coreystannard

coreystannard Member

Anyone elses deluxe edition keep getting increasing dirty? Over the time I've had it, it keeps becoming more marked.

17. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

I thought it was only 3,000 units total?

Pretty.Odd., Eska68 and omikron like this.
  18. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

That’s odd. Are you a Prime member? I didn’t can ask for a refund — automatic.

19. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I missed the download for “Calico Skies” — when did that drop? I’ll grab when I get home.

Been busy with my daughter’s wedding. She had a quick Covid wedding yesterday. We danced to “Calico Skies.” She was 2 when Flaming Pie came out.

20. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

It fades up with the instrumental middle section muting the lead guitar and then adds that in right before dropping into the start of the track.

Lewisboogie and supermd like this.
  21. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

It's in the envelope with all the drawings, song lyrics, I think it is labeled "Paul & Linda" on the front. Best way to find it is empty the envelope on a coffee table or desk, somewhere with a lot of room where nothing will fall. It is kinda tucked in all the papers. The pick is black, says Paul McCartney in gold on one side and the other has the Flaming pie logo.

I wonder if Steve Miller suggested this to Paul, since he is on the album. His Vault set came with 10 picks I think, I'd have to look.

theMess likes this.
  22. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Just got mine delivered from Amazon yesterday afternoon. I've watched the two DVD but have yet to listen to any CDs or read any materials. Lots of stuff!

23. joeortonjr

joeortonjr Forum Resident

No shipping notice for me either, although they charged my credit card on Friday. It's very frustrating when you pre-order the first day it's listed and you hear nothing from them beyond that initial confirmation e-mail.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  24. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I threw the Oobu Joobu tracks into Audacity and cut out the actual songs. It's a bit annoying for those of us who want clean beginnings and endings, as there is always some sound effect or voice over the beginning or ending. Even some that sounds like a clean start have a small bit of something at the beginning that juuuuust ruins it. Ah well. I made some creative choices, like fading out the final sections of songs before anything else can obstruct them, or editing the beginning in a way that is not quite accurate, but works well enough for these purposes. 99% of these songs are intact, so it's fine.

25. The chant was actually a very old recording—from 1972, I believe—that Dhani overdubbed his vocals onto.

Anyway, I think Brainwashed is a fantastic album. I am a bit confused as to why Valentine, the only track other than Brainwashed really announced by George to be on his forthcoming album, wasn’t included.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Tord and Lewisboogie like this.