Paul McCartney Flaming Pie Archive Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Oh, it does, in grand style. It’s fab! It’s gear! It contains multitudes!
    I didn’t expect to be impressed as much as I am. I’ll be playing it a lot. The embossed cover is beautiful. The poster is also nice.

Sargon and MPLRecords like this.
  2. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Takes one’s breath away, don’t it?

Sargon and Eska68 like this.
  3. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Catalogue number for those with OCD about these things?

Sargon likes this.
  4. Little Willow

Little Willow Forum Resident

Arghhh almost!

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  5. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

And I couldn't help but link the verse about the paparazzi to the Lady Di tragedy.
    Although of course the album was released a few months before that.

905 and Yorick like this.
  6. supermd

supermd Senior Member

This would be a perfect opportunity to make McCartney III.

905, ptijerm, theMess and 11 others like this.
  7. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Collectors Box #1283 checking in!

(bought at UDiscover for $337.50 :cool:)

8. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Interesting that you and @lavalamp3 both like the tracklist. I've always disliked tracklisting on the art and I think this looks beautiful without.
    I also think he should have deleted his name and the title from the front cover.
    There are very few album arts where I think a title looks nice.
    I much prefer no artist, title or track listing to ruin the art presentation. They can always print that in a booklet to flip thru.
    I'm so glad Abbey Road wasn't stamped above the Beatles as they walked. I am really glad the archive have been altering thing such as no title on the front of Venus and Mars. Looks so beautiful. Too bad that wasn't on the V&M vinyl.
    The flaming pie vinyl in the Collector's edition with no text on the cover looks lovely.
    I always find it interesting to hear everyone's different takes on these things.
    .....of course one time my friend bought Led Zeppelin Houses Of The Holy because he wanted the song Houses Of The Holy. He probably wished that had a tracklist on it.

andy75 likes this.
  9. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

theMess, vinylbeat and supermd like this.
  10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

11. bward

bward Senior Member

#1995 ^^^

12. bward

bward Senior Member

It arrived just as I was heading into work. And it’ll be a long day.

So I’ll have something to look forward to later.

For now, it’s all sealed up and nice in my house.

13. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

"I don't care what you want to be. I go back so far..."

This isn't my theory, so whoever first proposed it, feel free to chime in. But the idea is that Paul was inwardly bristling at the fact that George wanted to call the shots on Beatles projects. It's Paul asserting himself in private, like he's saying to George "I know your history. Don't forget mine."

Choba b CCCP and beatleroadie like this.
  14. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

So many people try to make so many Paul songs about John directly, it's a nice change of pace to have speculation about a George-directed lyric!

Sargon, coco77 and gottafeelin like this.
  15. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

Okay, after this, i don't think i'll ever order from udiscover again. Still no shipping notice and still nothing back from their
    customer service as to where my order is and why it hasn't shipped out.

Total bollocks that others have gotten theirs early even and yet mine hasn't even shipped out and that i haven't heard
    from their customer service team either yet.

Now i'm almost wishing i had kept my other order, even if it was $38 more....
    I want this dang box set already and am sick of waiting for this terrible place, udiscover, to ship mine out to me finally!

16. Now, let’s ask Paul McCartney:

“The lyrics were just gathering thoughts. Like ‘I go back so far, I’m in front of me’- I don’t know where that came from, but if I’d been writing with John he would have gone ‘OK, leave that one in; we don’t know what it means but we do know what it means’.”

Paul McCartney, from the liner notes of “Flaming Pie”

JLPMacca, theMess and cwitt1980 like this.
  17. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

SDE #640 delivered today by Amazon. Beautiful set!

Lesbeat, theMess, supermd and 6 others like this.
  18. colindpratt

colindpratt Forum Resident

that sucks, i'm sorry. i bit on the CE deal from Friday at uDiscover and got a shipping notification 61 minutes after the order confirmation email; it's arriving tomorrow. i know others here have had similar experiences.

makes no sense that those Friday orders would be processed so quickly while you've heard nothing. i still have a pending CE pre-order at MusicVaultz for which i've submitted two cancellation requests (one on Friday and another over the weekend) and haven't heard anything yet, so i feel some of your pain.

Sargon and Dreaddazzman like this.
  19. Resroc62

Resroc62 Forum Resident

I would like to think that the remastered Back to the Egg was in an advanced stage of completion, but I guess we won't know until a release date is announced. I know rumours abound that it has been worked on but who really knows.

It's a release that I am prepared to push the boat out and buy the biggest super deluxe version. I really love the Flaming Pie second disc of 21 tracks. Well worth the £12.99 purchase alone. It's as close to a Beatles sounding album as we are likely to get.

20. Little Willow

Impossible. "The World Tonight [home recording]" was recorded in June 1993.
    But again, there are quite a few mistakes in the book and booklet so it could very well be June 1994/5.

21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

That Home Recording of Songs We Where Singing is great, there’s an extra verse in there isn’t there to the album version ? And that guitar after the extra verse.

Sound’s like a plane is taking off as well like in Back In the USSR , what’s that about !?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    supermd and EddieMann like this.
  22. Little Willow

Let's enjoy the pie for now!

Cristiano Cortellazzi and Sargon like this.
  23. Little Willow

It's about a plane taking off when he was recording.

24. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

Open it! But do it sloppily, if you have children or a dog, this is the time to sadly throw them under the bus. ;)

Embracetheday likes this.
  25. Bill

Bill Senior Member

See my Post 8213. Enjoying mine since Friday. No waiting. No repeated calls to Amazon for partial refund per its own policy. Good old reliable Bull Moose. Fair price and great service.
    Think about trying them for the next one.
    Incidentally, I did successfully order the Band brown album box last month from uDiscover as part of its July sale. It arrived, well packaged, in about a week. I just think it got slammed with the Flaming Pie orders and is still digging out.
    Sometimes, the lowest Internet price just may not be the best deal.
    One final point: the track timings on the back cover of the vinyl reissue are uniformly longer than those on the 1997 release. This requires additional study; it may make the significance of the mysterious stray sound on Somedays pale in comparison!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    MerseyBeatle and Susan Gagne like this.