Paul McCartney greatest flaw as an artist ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by johnny moondog 909, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teag

teag Forum Resident

He did and he does.

And many still consider Ram a flop. Just not so many here on the McCartney, I mean Hoffman, forum.

2. maywitch

maywitch Forum Resident

Yep plenty of "duff" Lennon lyrics out there and it's the reverse of how Paul writes songs with obvious meaning and yet it's called nonsense or insincere(How in the heck anyone could think Long and Winding Road is "insincere" for example is beyond me, I mean it was literally what he was going through at the time and it certainly wasn't impersonal or third person or anything like that lyrically, it's an absolutely heartbreaking song). Any junk John writes on a page "oh brilliant, meaningful, deep!!!"

angelees, DrBeatle, tteal and 2 others like this.
  3. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

You lost me. "He did and he does." Is this addressed to me?

4. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I think he thinks that ambiguity gives him the appearance of depth.

5. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

Nope that is not what i said, the Beatles tended to bring only their best to the table, knowing that you did not have to fill an album alone took the pressure off knowing that your partners would be able to chip in, in the case of Ram i still maintain much of it would not have made it to the table without any of it being vetoed - and the very same goes for Mind Games and Walls & Bridges.

Strangely the last Lennon album with some great tracks on it is STINYC, sadly it is sometimes a mean spirited album and stuffed full of Yoko filler and a unnecessary live disc.

6. Zeki

Zeki Forum Resident

I've just listened all the way through Plastic Ono Band while I've been going in and out of this thread. If I wanted to, I could cut a few songs. But overall it flows well and is terrific as is. But it did make me laugh when Look At Me started playing (because of the subject matter of this thread). It was spot on.

maywitch likes this.
  7. muffmasterh

muffmasterh Forum Resident

nope the ambiguity is over there, in a box in the corner :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.