Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

I’m lost, can someone tell me or direct me to a post about the Rumored track listing?

Any idea of When/if a single is coming out or at least an announcement?

Elliottmarx likes this.

2. Hope everyone’s feet and legs survived OK! ;)

3. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

This is what we've surmised so far -

1. "Long Tailed Winter Bird"
    2. "Find My Way"
    3. "Pretty Boys"
    4. "Women and Wives"
    5. "Lavatory Lil'"
    6. "Slidin'"
    7. "Deep Deep Feeling"
    8. ?
    9. "Seize The Day"
    10. ?
    11. "When Winter Comes"

We've done this by decoding the blurry pictures of the vinyl as seen in promotional material.
    Also Paul described at least one song on side 2 in a print interview he did with Loud & Quiet Magazine.

The first and last songs are related by more than just the word Winter - I believe they share musical material.

Wingsfan2012, winston32, jmxw and 7 others like this.
  4. Good catch on seize the day.

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  5. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Ahhh, I see. Good detective work, guys. :righton:

Seems a LOT easier than the hard work we had to do on the Egypt Station Threads :p

6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

(Last one, I promise)

[​IMG]

7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

They're On The Ground, don't worry.^^

8. andrewhh

andrewhh Forum Resident

I like that you cheekily included the non-album track, Check My Machine. I love that one, but I'm not sure what I would have dropped to make space for it.

All of the other tracks you added are ones that I agonised over cutting.

Darkroom makes a great opener for the second side, and putting The Lovely Linda last kind of makes it a poignant coda. Nice work! :)

beatleroadie likes this.
  9. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Yes indeed. Craps game going on December 11th. :cool: "Roll da bones!"

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  10. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

11. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

:love::biglaugh:

omikron, Pianoman99 and andrewskyDE like this.

12. Thanks to those that have made their song predictions! Now I am adding one for Seize the Day and HiddenTrack:

Seize the Day - combines the play on words of Caesar Rock with a very Day Tripper vibe. Seize A Day (Tripper ) is how it’sung - includes Seize A Woman interlude - clearly making this love-hate view of his Girlfriend - the most “Beatle -ey”!

HiddenTrack 1 - liner notes say to not play this song until The World is safe from Covid and a Vaccine is clearly effective - then it says to “HIT THE DANCE FLOOR”
    This song is ostensibly about celebration, but is great for any exuberant activity. He raspalley implores people: “Dance, Dance, sing, sing, party, party, let’s all love”
    This is sung over a propulsive beat where Run Devil Run meets Ou’ Est Le Soleil - with a dash of Jet.

All free free to join in, its all explained above in my original post linked to this one. .

13. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

We all know here that we‘ll buy everything with the name McCartney printed on it - once, dice, three times an album - but I ask myself how many people outside of this forum are willing to preorder music without having the chance to listen to even just one song.
    I wonder if this strategy will work in Paul‘s favor...

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  14. chummerspguy

chummerspguy Active Member

The people on this forum are such a small percentage of McCartney fans. Im sure that if I asked 10 people at a McCartney show if they know about this forum, none of them would know what I'm talking about.

15. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

And that's mostly due to the fact that they are just Beatles fans.

16. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Not to worry, we helped make Egypt Station #1 so we can do it again. :)

17. A Local Bloke

A Local Bloke Forum President

But of course we already have the two best tracks on the album; When The Saints Go Marching In and Lady Madonna...

18. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I remember reading on another thread about someone pre-ordering some stuff, only to have it cancelled because the wait was over 30 days and the record store automatically refunds pre-orders that go over 30 days.

With this in mind and December 11th a ways away, has anyone had problems regarding this with MusicVaultz, SDE, or Rough Trade U.S./U.K. orders? Thanks!

19. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

What if it wasn't just us?

Egypt Station was heavily promoted. Must have conquered a few casual fans and less than casual fans too.

Why bother anyway? Charts are just numbers...

20. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Still, there is a bog standard version that will be available for everyone who wants it to buy.

21. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

It wasn't just us. That's why I said we helped.

Yet can you imagine how things would be without this forum?

Heck, we'd be watching television by candlelight. ;)

Exotiki and tug_of_war like this.
  22. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

We love ya, Paul.

John would have been 80. It does bring a tear to the eye.

5th-beatle and A Local Bloke like this.
  23. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Wait...You guys...don't still do that? :(

:D

24. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Egypt Station hit no. 1 for 1 week (the week it was "released" only because each concert ticket sold for the year leading up to it contained some sort of voucher add-on that counted towards the sales. All that, and the multiple format pre-orders by rabid fans led to the giant sales total on the day of release. The next week it was gone, never to be heard from again (mercifully). It wasn't even considered a release worthy of a nomination for a Grammy which you'd almost expect for a legacy act like Paul. This album is his chance to erase the bsd taste left in the mouths of all those non-fanboys who bought Egypt Station and immediately started experiencing buyer's remorse. I'll go hide under a chair now. ;-)

25. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Lots of people have had problems with Musicvaultz canceling orders (I did once: when a preorder I had got canceled after my card got compromised). I’d recommend calling your credit card and telling them you have a foreign order coming. Can’t hurt.

Wiserforthetime and Sargon like this.