Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

He went by the name of "Mike Honcho".

AlienGirlWorx and Sargon like this.
  2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I made two 74 minute each cds "Best of the Beatles 1970-1980" compilation - one song from each by year (mostly). It was great fun to make and I still love listening to it. I picked my favorite and most "Beatlesque" songs. Really like the solo songs where they mention each other. Too Many People, Early 1970, How Do You Sleep?, Living In the Material World, etc.

I originally got the idea from a Lennon interview where he said if you want to listen to Beatles albums after the breakup, to tape a song from Paul, one from him, etc. Finally got around to it.

The Beatles albums were the best, but I really, really love their x4 solo output a lot! Lots of great records and album artwork etc. An expanded take on all of this. Couldn't be without these.

I started buying solo albums before I had all the Beatles albums! I was that fascinated by them. Tower had a mega display with all the Beatles and Solo together in stadium displays so you could see all the covers. I was mesmerized as a teenager looking at the covers. (One of the employees was a huge Beatles fan and set it up this way). We came to be good friends later on.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    omikron, Who Cares, Tord and 7 others like this.
  3. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Ahhh...the Formula 1 driver too? Multi talented Hamilton.

4. Calico

Calico Senior Member

This was actually a radio performance.
    But wonderful song indeed, like a cousin to "I Don't Know".

5. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

1995, a playlist by diarheafaceonastick on Spotify

Here’s my rough attempt Of a double Threetles album. Probably my fourth and best attempt yet. Forgive my username, I made the account when I was 14.

It’s funny you mention that, I’ve actually made attempts at making various tracks sound more Beatlesque and EQ’ing then to fit. Flaming Pie (With Beatle harmonies tacked on and the Lennon Flaming Pie interview going ear to ear during the solo), Rising Sun, a Brainwashed/The World Tonight ‘mashup’, La De Da/Free As A Bird (reprise).... if anyone wants me to share them Direct message me. They’re not great but it was honest work.

6. Oaw

Oaw Forum Resident

That would make an amazing album cover

7. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Oh heck yeah!

Alen and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  8. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

David Bowie agreed:

[​IMG]

9. Runcibletune

Runcibletune Forum Resident

I'm hoping it's the back cover..... we havent seen that yet, have we ?

10. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

GREAT job!!!!! :love:

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  11. gaels7592

gaels7592 Forum Resident

Just my opinion, but I still don't understand the hype for David Bowie :hide:

Oyster Boy likes this.
  12. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I had the same thought -- a cousin to I Don't Know, which I love.
    And thanks for the correction on the RTF broadcast! :)

13. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

A rugged picture of Paul looking toward the distance of time going both directions. A well-seasoned visionary & man fully aware of his entire career and his carved place in music history.

This is a cover pic most worthy of resting on top of a final career spanning, black fabric, thick, uber deluxe box set.

I've hardly seen him look so old. I've also hardly seen him look so amazing as in this picture. Distinguished age and experience going hand in hand, traveling the same road.

Unfortunately, I've never seen a Macca album with anything remotely like that type of vibe or pic. (Fingers crossed for this on a back cover though)! Someone at least make n sell a poster of this for me to frame!

14. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Wow. The the vocals on Egypt Station definitely sound like an old guy's voice, but they don't impair my enjoyment of the album in the least. For some of the songs, particularly Confidante and Hand in Hand, they enhance it. They actually need an aged-sounding voice to have the right feel.

15. Exitmusic

Exitmusic Forum Resident

Can't believe how many different versions there are to buy, perhaps if Macca live streams a concert to promote the album he should open with this track as a joke.

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  16. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

Albums by old guys -- Macca, Dylan, Paul Simon, etc. -- never stay on the charts a long time even if they debut well. The biggest pop music audience is and long has been kids, and they don't often listen to geezers. So geezer albums can get a decent initial burst of sales if the old fan base gets interested, but that's it. They don't get the continuing social media buzz that whatever the kids are listening to gets, and the radio formats that play geezer acts have a limited reach. That's life. It's not Macca's fault, or Dylan's, etc. They're in their 70s and have been making music for 50 + years. How many top acts from 1914 were still on the charts when the Beatles played the Ed Sullivan Show?

17. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Truth.

18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Interestingly, Louis Armstrong became the first performer to knock the Beatles out of the #1 spot on the Billboard singles chart with his rendition of "Hello Dolly" in 1964. He wasn't recording yet in 1914, but he was in the 1920s, so there are some rare exceptions.

theMess, streetlegal, RAJ717 and 7 others like this.
  19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Not a fan of Broadway really. Hamilton does absolutely nothing for me, you couldn't give me a free ticket to get me to go. But those folks that do go to these shows seem to love it so what the heck do I know?

20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I did a set of "What If The Beatles Stayed Together" set with a cd from each year 70', 71', 72', 73', 74', '75, 76-79', 80' and '81-82'.

Sargon likes this.
  21. Bill813

Bill813 Forum Resident

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but that's actually a cropped photo of Paul on horseback. Put that photo on my wall any day.

Paulwalrus and Sargon like this.
  22. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

Are all the vinyl variants of this sold out? I’m only seeing one in Paul’s store.

23. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I really hope so!:sweating:

24. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I wonder if there's a similar picture of 1970 Paul to put on the other side of said career spanning boxset? Depending on the way you open the boxset, you either get young Paul or old Paul.

BeatleJWOL, Paulwalrus and Sargon like this.
  25. andrewhh

andrewhh Forum Resident

Slightly off topic (though I think the MCII artwork included some of Linda's polaroids), but does anyone know if all "mass-market" copies of Linda's polaroid book are the "multi-lingual" version? And does anyone have this version and have any thoughts on it? (It doesn't look "multi-lingual" in the photo gallery on Amazon, so I'm wondering if that's showing a different edition?)

https://www.amazon.com.au/Linda-McC...inda+mccartney+polaroid&qid=1606010996&sr=8-1

AlienGirlWorx likes this.