Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Ed59

Ed59 Forum Resident

Actually, he's using LESS color these days! :D

2. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Well, DEEP DOWN it's a nice track IMHO, difficult to express everything through the description. Least favorite could be the opening track, because it's too long.

theMess, Sean Murdock, Tord and 3 others like this.
  3. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

I agree, it could easily have been just a one or two minute piece! But for a friend of mine, it's one of his three favorites on the album. Different strokes...

4. grorr76

grorr76 Forum Resident

I wasn't referring to Europe i was referring to plants like third man records

5. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

6. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Nothing a fan edit couldn’t fix?

Sean Murdock and Yorick like this.
  7. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Actually, that was your pet snake runnin interference. :D

BTW, I'm gonna ask a question that I'm sure the answer to I missed in these many pages and that everyone knows the answer to . . . with the exception of me and perhaps a "few others".

Here goes: How are a few people getting this entire album in advance to listen to? (I'm sure advance copies happens in the music industry all the time, reviews etc., but I'm curious).

(BTW, I'm gonna wait until I can hear the entire thing at once for my first listen). I can wait . . . :wtf: . . . I think.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Geordiepete and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  8. Yeah, he recorded the album, NEW. ;)

Cat People likes this.

9. Thanks, Heather M. ;)

10. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Paperback Writer likes this.

11. Knowing how McCartney music can “hit” people in many ways - it’s likely “Deep Down “ could end up a fan favorite for just as many that don’t care for it.

Excited to hear them all!

mikecarrera and Ringo Hendrix like this.
  12. Folks that have radio transmitter dental implants position themselves facing Macca’s Scotland Farm when word gets out that there’s a McCartney album being recorded.

Or they use their “McCartney Insider” key issued, yearly by Santa Claus - unlock the door and let em in. ;)

jammincrowe and Sargon like this.
  13. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

I hear his daughter Stella who is making a living selling clothes these days, once facetimed her dad when she was in a meeting with Billie Eilish.
    We all know Billie once sang an obscure song he once recorded back in the 60s. It wasn't even released as a single. But now he suddenly comes along with a whole album on his own.
    Go figure.

Cat People, Rapol93 and Ringo Hendrix like this.

14. Typical Grandude! ;)

hEARt PhoniX likes this.
  15. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

16. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

'Deep Down' is my #2 from this album, so, a vast range of tastes among Paul fans here. Next week it could be my #1, who knows.

theMess, jricc, Lovich and 7 others like this.
  17. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

omikron and Dr. Pepper like this.
  18. Dr. Pepper

Paperback Writer and Sargon like this.
  19. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Now I understand why your bowling scores are so bad!

(All you need to do now is make a 2nd alternate cover by adding just 3 (translucent?) bowling pins to your artwork - perhaps in the background behind - giving it a 3d straight on look.)
    Macca will be knocking em all down too, once we get that first listen! (But yes, I don't think "bowling" was your intended message). A D&D board would be funny too.

Macca after he knocks em down and gets a "spare": :bdance:

Dr. Pepper and Ringo Hendrix like this.

20. I thought it was the Dr Pepper Green Tea variant. ;)

Ringo Hendrix, Sargon and Dr. Pepper like this.
  21. Ed59

Ed59 Forum Resident

Question for those who've heard the new album:
    I was reflecting on how (so far) III appears to be the most favorably reviewed of the McCartney efforts. Those old enough to remember (like me) know that the first McCartney in 1970 received mixed reviews, and McCartney II was absolutely savaged (though the reputations of both seem to have risen in subsequent years).
    Do you believe this is the strongest of the three, or are the strong reviews on this outing more a reflection of Paul's current status among reviewers (as opposed to the 70's when many reviewers seem to have it in for him)? Maybe a bit of both?
    Curious to hear how people would rank it among his one-man-band efforts.

22. Dr. Pepper

Nice!

23. Actually, serious answer is folks who get to hear it either are in the music industry or
    Friends with someone who is.

NO! Buying a lot of copies of Macca albums does not make you an insider. So your S.O.L. On that. LOL. ;)

Paulwalrus and Sargon like this.
  24. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

What's the likelihood that Target or Amazon foul up and send the CDs out by the 11th anyway?

25. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

:disgust: