Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Mine is Great Day, then I would say Calico Sky’s.

joy stinson likes this.
  2. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Well, now that you mentioned those two others, it might be a three way tie...

Carl80 likes this.
  3. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

I actually changed my mind , ha, think it’s those two and Somedays are my three favourites, it’s a great album with so many too choose , my favourite Macca solo in front of McCartney I & II.

joy stinson likes this.
  4. bward

bward Senior Member

I stopped looking once I placed my order.

Plz let me know if yours shows up.

Good luck, and thanks!

joy stinson likes this.
  5. joy stinson

An exceptional video and song here....looks and sounds like the best of....new wave stuff...

6. joy stinson

When the limited edition gold embossed, signed, leather cover of I, Me, Mine was released way back ...it was my first hitting of my...the price is just too high for me moment. For a new thing..wasn’t it around $850 back then? I got the book in paperback...really wish I had though that somewhat cheaper limited edition Paul autographed book around or just after 2000...wasn’t it called Blackbird?

7. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

... and we shall be anxiously awaiting to see what color the spine is and whether it has dots or dashes... :p

bward, joy stinson and Sargon like this.
  8. joy stinson

Man, I should really jump in those Macca II discog albums for sale...it and it’s singles are in my top two favorite Macca albums and love the double Macca II...I heard it online. All you horse riders really stomps..lol. You know me by now..the man never got too weirdo wacky for me, lol.

9. joy stinson

Lol...about your ex wife blocking you, or maybe not if serious...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Sargon likes this.
  10. joy stinson

Well, if anyone is blasphemous about Macca II, they’ll have to answer to your truly here....I’m sure they’ll be scared, lol, ...but Macca II and it’s singles of the day maximum smokes and slays....

11. joy stinson

Boat loads of the stuff....caused great creativity in his case....

wolfmac likes this.
  12. joy stinson

I really hope his other solo albums are reevaluated before he dies as well...know McCartney II has been reevaluated as well though ram is the big one...180 degree turn around...thanks very much to pitch fork.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  13. joy stinson

The Rudolph the reggae reindeer...you would know ....would be one of my favorite things he’d ever done. I’m so glad I have the pic sleeve 45 with that song..,,

14. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

lol I'm embarrassed to tell you how often I've done that. At least every other time I went to ebay to look for a white spined I typed "II" instead of "III"

joy stinson likes this.
  15. joy stinson

I’m so out of it sadly...I don’t know if there’s even one for Macca II or just for Macca III...I’m just having to keep up with all things Macca vicariously through the rest of you serious collectors and very knowledgeable folks. LOL..whatever mistakes you have made, you’re ahead of me in all regards...as you can tell.

16. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

While its a nice song, I never liked the slide guitar bit in the middle.

joy stinson likes this.
  17. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

McCartney III is great listening in headphomes. The multiple-layered charachter on some of the songs really shines in that context.
    Not least the mighty Deep, Deep Feeling . The soundscape Paul manages in that song is nothing but amazing

18. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt Just spinning on my axis

What about headphones for Women and Wives? That bass! I'm in ecstasy when I hear it.

19. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

And what about the "surf guitars" on Find My Way, coming and going to and from everywhere. Delicious stuff!

20. MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt Just spinning on my axis

Surf guitars! I love this description. I'm not wild about Find My Way but now I'm going to listen to it again just to hear these surf guitars!

tug_of_war likes this.
  21. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

I stole that description from someone else, I don't remember who. :D
    But at least one of those guitars makes me think of Dick Dale...

MaybeI'mMrsVandebilt likes this.
  22. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Find My Way has grown massivet on me. There is so much goin on in thst track and the ”surf”-guitars you mention are a great part of what makes this track such a great and adventurous journey.
    A perfect pop-song with some truly McCartneyesque musical twists

23. bward

bward Senior Member

Lets see, Mc1, Mc2, Ram, Wildlife, and maybe RRS, have all enjoyed re-evaluations.
    For that alone the Archive project has been a wild success.
    TBH, when it all started, 11 years ago, I wondered how those albums could stand up to Archive scrutiny. I thought Mc2 esp, would get ridiculed. But the exact opposite happened.
    I don't expect Press or Broad Street will get that kind of rebound, but who knows?

24. bward

bward Senior Member

Amen to this Bemagnus!

My first time through Mc3 was on headphones. I avoided all the pre-release leaks and waited until I had the CD. I was mesmerized.
    Mc3 is a GREAT headphone album.
    And Deep Deep Feeling into Sliding, wow. Talk about both barrels. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
    I still dont have a vinyl play copy of Mc3, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a black vinyl copy for that.
    Egypt Station sounds perfect on vinyl, and I suspect Mc3 will too.
    BTW, BOTH of those albums are holding up for me in a major way. What a roll this man is on.

coco77, Bemagnus, Sargon and 2 others like this.
  25. bward

bward Senior Member

Those guitars are killer. Is he playing a Telecaster there?

tug_of_war likes this.