Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

Colour Splatter limited edition increased to 5500 from 3000...... :sigh:

2. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

3. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

You know I’m gonna say it..though as all my Macca posts on SHF substantiates...am a huge Macca fan...but it is eclipsing Macca version because it slays and stomps the Macca version which as you say is the purpose of a really good cover..,Now don’t ban me from the thread because I’m in love with the young kid....Macca got to me first, lol

4. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I haven't noticed that in America. I avoid Apple so I don't know what iTunes is up to, but Spotify and YouTube still have all of McCartney III available.

5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

they are on my ITunes

6. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

They were gone yesterday but back today.

7. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

I'm very excited to hear III imagined

8. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

Me too! Dying to hear what Khruangbin brings to Pretty Boys, I can't predict what this would sound like - they are slightly funky, exotic-tinged and surfy. Also, what Anderson Paak will bring to When Winter Comes defies my imagination. I also love the idea of an even-further-expanded Deep Deep Feeling. Bring it on.

9. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

This happened on P.M. because I recently "upped" my existing order a bit. :shh::help:

10. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  11. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

Nice!
    Ram On features 100+ musicians, including original guitarist Dave Spinozza, original trumpet player Marvin Stamm, Joey Santiago of the Pixies, Davey Johnstone of Elton John Band, Will Lee, Eric Dover formerly of Jellyfish, Carnie Wilson and many more.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    Floater, foxylady and Elliottmarx like this.
  12. ModernRetroRadio

ModernRetroRadio Forum Resident

It looks like Imagined will be what The Art of McCartney should've been:

True interpretations of McCartney songs with each artist fully in the creative driver's seat, as opposed to Macca-oke with Sir Paul's backing band on almost every track.

kaniffee, Oaw, Tracey and 3 others like this.
  13. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

Not that uncommon of an accomplishment (especially on this forum), but thought I'd share my visual arrangement of the rainbow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I am unduly excited about this. I love that people keep covering RAM as the unified complete piece of art it is.

15. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Wow! This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Something to be said for opening collector vinyl when it looks this beautiful. This pic needed to be part of their advertising campaign!

Mouthwatering colors :drool: and that Spotify Coke is so compelling. You really put interest and fun into collecting! This one pic tells the whole story as to why many of us chose to collect these.

I see you even have both blue versions - Barnes & HMV represented. Nice. Is the HMV blue next to the Spotify Coke? Also, is the one third from the back, next to the pink, the violet color?

Thanks for sharing your music room with us @calluses !:righton:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  16. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

17. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

18. wolfmac

wolfmac Forum Resident

Wow! that makes me wanna buy the B&N blue one. Even though I'll never see it, because it'll stay sealed :)

19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Roy G. Biv!!! ;)

kaniffee, Bill813 and calluses like this.
  20. bward

bward Senior Member

Wow! I’m impressed, looks great!

calluses likes this.
  21. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

If this is true it is another example of why one should purchase real media (CD/LP) of their favorite artists work. Once you own the disc they can't take it away from you or, change it somehow.

22. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

The Mac 3 Imagined splatter version would look great with the others!

Henrik Jutbring and Sargon like this.
  23. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

Thanks! Yes, the blue after the Spotify Coke is the HMV/FNAC/Sunrise blue, good eye! Third from the back is the violet, and it's hard to tell because it's translucent and on the darker side, so it almost blends into the cover photo.

Here's the rest of my music room, which many of my visitors probably don't appreciate as much as you folks would!

[​IMG]

The main wall is mostly Beatles stuff, a wall of "first"s - the orange label Polydor My Bonnie singles with Tony Sheridan (on which the lads were credited at The Beat Brothers so it wouldn't sound like ***** in German) which were their first commercial singles, their first UK singles, a first press (remix 11) mono Revolver, Strawberry Fields single (their first UK photo sleeve and also first single since Love Me Do to not hit #1?), a woodcut Kite print, and Oasis' first radio 12" promo (for "Columbia").

[​IMG]

Then there's the other wall which is mostly the "album covers" wall. Original photos/images that were used for sleeve covers for The Smiths, Oasis, Flaming Lips, The Strokes, and if you squint, you can see the Edwardian postcard that was used on Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. James McCartney

James McCartney Forum Resident

That room is a dream!

Sargon, calluses and Tracey like this.
  25. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Records and liquor. Everything we need in one place.

omikron, Bill813, calluses and 3 others like this.