Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Floater

Floater Forum Resident

Where did they get all the copies of 1 and 2? Are they copies that not have been sold?

2. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Well, probably because of the variants and III Imagined have kept it alive. And now another variant of the initial release!! We're regressing!!

Floater likes this.
  3. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Probably old or damaged stock. I imagine grinding down vinyl and repressing them is quite common.

Floater, paustin0816 and Oaw like this.
  4. wolfmac

wolfmac Forum Resident

I guess it's gonna be fun when the regrind all the different color vinyls of McCartney III for an exclusive "444" edition of McCartney IV at ... erm ... Fourth Man Records :goodie::wave::pineapple::biglaugh:

jmxw, omikron, paustin0816 and 2 others like this.
  5. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Women and Wives is a permanent fixture amongst the thousands of subconscious songs in my head. I don’t hum it, but it’s there.

6. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

"Seize The Day" has been lodged in my head for the past ten months, as well as the other ten intermittently.

7. JJAM

JJAM Forum Resident

8. bward

bward Senior Member

Mc3 is packed with melody.

Find My Way is another.

And I agree Mc3 is top tier McCartney. It’s almost a throwback to the way he did things in the 70s.

If you had told me, in 1986, after all those slick releases, that in 30 years Paul would still be producing high quality, guitar based, adventurous music, I wouldn’t believe you.

It’s a great album, it’s stature only growing with time for me. Hell, I even really dig ReImagined.

And I have to admit, I’m getting excited thinking about this new Third Man version.

9. bward

bward Senior Member

ehwalled, Sargon and mrjinks like this.
  10. JJAM

JJAM Forum Resident

It's certainly in marked contrast to the $34.98 price sticker on the actual copy pictured.

11. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

See this is disgusting. An "indie" store that lost its way. Indie stores are for the music, for the fans. Disgusting. Shame Spinster Indie Records.

And they have the balls to say "Your money is going to a local Dallas record store. We employ Oak Cliff Natives & give back to the community. And, you wont feel guilty about giving Amazon's Jeff Bezos another Yacht!" :realmad:

mrjinks likes this.
  12. Jeepster39

Jeepster39 Forum Resident

Um…skip to the end of this video. Did this Youtuber really get gifted an artist’s proof of the 333 edition from Third Man?!

gamuzajoe likes this.
  13. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

planckera likes this.
  14. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Sure seems that long, doesn't it? ;)

FJFP likes this.
  15. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Because probably over 70% of the posts are by half a dozen people having a chat about anything McCartney.
    At least that’s the way it looks whenever I’ve dipped into it.

16. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

yah I've seen these AP/333 out in an auction, celeb's posting them (remember the Oprah post) etc. I know a guy selling one if you want lol? He wants an equal valve as the numbered 333. I would not spend much on these cause it is unknown how many were pressed and truly are not numbered. It's essentially a bootleg LOL.

I would also rebuttal AP states for Artist PROMOTION, not proof.... but kudos to this guy for trying to fluff it up :rolleyes:

Susan Gagne and Jeepster39 like this.
  17. Jeepster39

Jeepster39 Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it needs its own Discogs listing, then.

18. bward

bward Senior Member

All well and good.

What do we have to do to score one!

19. Susan Gagne

Susan Gagne Fab4Fan since January 1964

Maybe "advanced promotion"? They used to put out promo CDs for albums titled that way just before the album was released.

Oaw, Jeepster39 and Henrik Jutbring like this.
  20. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Sounds feasible. I've had several variations of McCartney III and III Imagined sent to me by Capitol, he has a much bigger channel than I do so I can imagine him getting sent a rarer product.

Who Cares, Bilbo Swaggins and Oaw like this.
  21. ehwalled

ehwalled Forum Resident

WOW thats kinda dirty Paul ....lol (just got a pm.com text if you wonder where this is from)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  22. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

I’m sure the ultimate goal is for there to be exactly 333 variations of this vinyl.

Fabsmith, supermd, omikron and 7 others like this.
  23. mjfan1987

mjfan1987 Forum Resident

Where do people even buy this from? I have no idea where to start looking. Do these companies assume everyone just has a local record store to go in to?

24. Durango88

Durango88 Without Bogey Music, life is indeed incomplete

From Pauls Facebook Page:

333 copies of a new #McCartneyIII vinyl have found their way onto shelves in the US, seize a copy while you can![​IMG][​IMG]
    Keep your eyes peeled for 3000 more coming soon exclusively to indie record stores [​IMG]

[​IMG]

supermd, omikron, Did I ever? and 3 others like this.
  25. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

I have to admit, the yellow dice album cover looks really good. I think I prefer it to the standard album artwork.