Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. EmceeEscher

EmceeEscher Forum Resident

Good idea ha. With a shiny Gold Die on the front no doubt.

Floater likes this.
  2. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

3. Or an Apple Grammy Smith!

Floater and jmxw like this.
  4. Henrik Jutbring

Henrik Jutbring Forum Resident

Which are the missing pieces?

Olivier Northern Son likes this.
  5. Linda's strawberry blond!

6. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Winedark.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  7. wolfmac

wolfmac Forum Resident

Open Sea

8. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Having completed his amazing work on Let It Be. Peter Jackson should immediately get to work on a fully restored 6 hour cut of One Hand Clapping.

9. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Nice one. I haven't had a chance to go into one of those for a long time. I won't hold out any hope though.

Jonpd likes this.
  10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Paul, do you want me to see if my local still has copies? They had two last time I was in - maybe 10 days ago or so. Price was roughly $38 (including tax). Not sure what shipping would be to Merrie Olde England, though...

omikron, Jonpd and Oaw like this.
  11. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Oh thank goodness! As I started reading I was afraid you were going to say the James Paul McCartney Special.

12. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

or Broad Street ...

omikron likes this.
  13. calluses

calluses Forum Resident

And if it flops, he’ll tell Paul that they’ve only got each other to blame, its all the same to him, 'cause he knows what he feels to be right

omikron likes this.
  14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

bluedemon25 likes this.
  15. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory

hansx and Oaw like this.
  16. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

A few quick pictures of the 3,333 edition:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Beatguy

Beatguy Active Member

Just to say this variation is the one sent with the Dice / T Shirt Bundles on the UK McCartney Site (yes they are the US pressings). The one I am missing is the plain mini jacket version which is only available on the US site and does not ship overseas - anyone here able to help too.

McCartney III Imagined - Limited Edition Mini-Jacket CD – Paul McCartney Official Store

18. Oaw

Oaw Forum Resident

They are running ads on Facebook with the Find My Way music video for the "Grammy-Nominated McCartney III", with a link to buy the plethora of different variations. Including that digital deluxe that came out around release day with all of the bonus tracks on one download with the album.

I had to do some homework but it seems Chaos was the last time a studio album of his was nominated for a Grammy, but a lot of other Grammy wins/noms for other things.

19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Not exactly. III isn’t up for Album of the Year (the “prestigious” one), but rather “best rock album.” Both MAF and Kisses were also up for lesser “album” nominations…

Oaw likes this.
  20. Oaw

Oaw Forum Resident

Gotcha, good catch.

mrjinks likes this.
  21. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

I think the coolest physical release for McIII part III would be an archive edition, with the OG album, IIIMAGINED, demos, extras, a book to match the others etc. it would blow everyones’ mind and signal that every album from ES to Chaos will eventually follow! Honestly what other physical product would we want from it at this point? I just want something to fit nicely on the bookshelf with the other archives. Please MPL!

Durango88 and Oaw like this.
  22. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Only if they release it in conjunction with another archive set.

Did I ever? likes this.
  23. Did I ever?

Did I ever? Forum Resident

I’de have no problem with that! :D

omikron likes this.
  24. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

I don't think we'll get an Archive edition right away. That's long term thinking. London Town and Back to the Egg have been sitting on deck for a while, and you know someone at management must be hinting that Press to Play and Off the Ground should be done.
    The one thing I keep coming back to is the fact that Mary contributed to Pipes Of Peace with her recollections – she was 11 or 12 at the time of recording.
    If you get to Off the Ground, she'd be 22. There's photos of Mary and Stella assisting their parents on The New World Tour.
    So there's additional people they can rely on for the text part on those later albums – not so much for the earlier ones, which may be why they want to do it now.
    Plus, Linda's photos will be digitized as part of this process and the tapes transferred and cleaned… which is something they won't have to do for the later albums, so invest now while the series is hot.
    You can release a cheaper version of, say, Electric Arguments when the whole thing is digital and ready for 4 discs already.

25. VicSchwarz

VicSchwarz Forum Resident

Here’s what’s been published on Twitter :
    Celebrate one year of #McCartneyIII and listen to one of Paul's album demos, recorded in 'Rockdown'

'Women and Wives (Studio Outtake)' is out now. Listen here:
    Paul McCartney - Women And Wives - Studio Outtake