Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

This is untrue, we know that he's spent at least two days recording with producer Andrew Watt in Los Angeles in spring, 2021. It is true he wasn't with his band - but he has been logging studio hours with others.

2. Martin de Dios

Martin de Dios Forum Resident

Same to you and to all your family, and to all the family here.

3. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Excellent, thank you and happy holidays to you as well, friend!

Thank you not only for just being great but also being so generous with the information you gather and are willing to share with us.

"Thank you" is probably something you do not hear enough of.

Who Cares, WilliamWes, Jonpd and 3 others like this.
  4. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

How the mighty have fallen......relegated to the bargain bins.

[​IMG]

jaypee65, Ringo Hendrix and omikron like this.
  5. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

One year on it’s still a great album, solid listening and one of his best this millennium imho

Mkirk, Ms. Daisy, Floater and 9 others like this.
  6. fdsfd

fdsfd Forum Resident

If they come up with a different colour scheme for bargain bins, SH forum members will boost McIII sales once again!

Btw I once found a US pressing White Album on some bargain bin in Istanbul. No promo pics or a poster but a well-kept 1968 pressing (not sure of catalogue number) that I never expected to find in a bargain bin. Yeah, sure it sold millions and it's not rare by any means but people actually hold onto Beatles records and you rarely come across a White Album in a bargain bin. At least in Istanbul.

7. omikron

And they totally ruined the hype stickers. Pass.

That just drives up the value of hype sticker now!

Who Cares, edenofflowers and fishcane like this.
  8. Goat

Goat Forum Resident

Already ??
    I wonder if these are officially "sold" already.

9. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Those are brand new copies, not used.

It’s a major chain store with branches all over Austria, Germany and beyond, there’s more than 10 in Vienna alone.

Müller doesn’t sell used product.

jaypee65 and tug_of_war like this.
  10. Goat

Goat Forum Resident

No, I didnt mean, are they second hand.
    I'm wondering as the shop has already bought them if they are officially "sold"

11. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Paul also spent time in the US this year working on High in the Clouds (I imagine this includes putting the finishing touches to the soundtrack). He mentioned he was doing it in one of the Three Imagined interviews if I remember correctly.

Who Cares, omikron and Elliottmarx like this.
  12. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

Wow! Are we that many?

13. Ken.e.

Ken.e. Spinning music since...

I was South of the border and bought a Green Vinyl Target version. Now along with my standard black I have two copies. I do like the alternative cover but it's a little obsessive of me to get a second version. Good marketing strategy that worked on me and many others.

That's two McCartney albums I bought two copies of in a row. At least ES had a bonus vinyl with extra tracks.

Ms. Daisy likes this.
  14. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Given that High in the Clouds is not done yet, my guess is that it would be additional music for the film itself. It's also not said if he's going to be on the soundtrack for the film; from what I've read, he's composing the music with the people behind the film, but won't actually be present (singing-wise) – so it could have been him supervising the recordings with the orchestra so it's right to him before the team starts putting characters to it.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  15. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

While we’re theorizing, it was reported several years ago that Paul recorded a song with Lady Gaga for the cartoon.

16. omikron

Ms. Daisy, Floater, Who Cares and 3 others like this.
  17. Bilbo Swaggins

I’m getting involved in an animated feature film. That’s my focus at the moment. It’s the same kind of thing, and again I get to write to some sort of specification in my own mind. One of the first things in this film is a female rock star who runs this animal city – it sounds crazy – so I have to write her number. It had to be one in which she gets everyone in her power, so it needed to be a good soul number. I had fun doing that and I’ll be recording that next year with a female singer.

Paul McCartney – interview with Lewis Corner, November 2014

18. omikron

Yes it never really comes out anywhere in any of the articles or Gaga's original tweet that Paul was singing. Just that they are working in the studio. At least nowhere I saw.

Mkirk, Bilbo Swaggins and Elliottmarx like this.
  19. Cool Chemist

Cool Chemist Forum Resident

I still like the album. Prefer the running order on the CD, though.

Glad I didn't splash out on different coloured 'variants'. Happy with my black vinyl copy. Sounds great.

Floater and tug_of_war like this.
  20. Bilbo Swaggins

I hope that Paul sings with her, even if it’s just for the soundtrack and not in the actual film. I could see that being a potential hit single. Either way it should be interesting to hear how Paul writes for other artists.

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I know I said it earlier ,but I want to reiterate my hopes to all my friends here on SHF from around the world a Very Happy & Healthy New Year!!! May the year be full of music and a return to the life we once knew!

maui jim, Floater, Who Cares and 18 others like this.
  22. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

So any actual news on any potential new Paul music?

tug_of_war likes this.
  23. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Not yet. And with the worldwide paper shortage, as well as other problems with the supply chain, I am wondering if there might be some discussion of delays for the immediate future – while we are likely to get III part III, a new Archive, and High in the Clouds if there's any indication.

Ringo Hendrix and Ms. Daisy like this.
  24. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

I wish we'd find out what part 3 of III is. Waiting so I don't double dip on the album.

tug_of_war likes this.
  25. tug_of_war

tug_of_war Unable to tolerate bass solos

What if there was never going to be any part at all? Isn't it something we've been assuming?