Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Jonpd

Jonpd Forum Resident

It was an official release in the UK. Mine is #1041.

forthlin likes this.
  2. John Gill

John Gill Forum Resident

I've not noticed FBI logo but I will have a look when I get back. I think it just says made in Canada. Wonder who got the first copy.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  3. jacden

jacden Senior Member

I got the Women & Wives 12" at iMusic in Risskov, just outside of Aarhus, Denmark.

There's a sticker on the back saying "Made in Canada", as well as an FBI logo, so it's clearly an import. It was quite expensive too, but I couldn't pass it up seeing it was the only copy they had.

I played it once yesterday, and honestly that will peobably be it. Not exactly my most essential RSD purchase ever. Still, it has a lovely photo of Nancy on the cover, so it's not completely worthless.

Oyster Boy and MerseyBeatle like this.
  4. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

At least you’ve played it. A guy who runs a shop I use reckons that most RSD purchases never get played at all.

Sargon and jacden like this.
  5. bward

bward Senior Member

I paid $20.00 US for Women and Wives 12” yesterday in Boston at Newbury Comics.

Im thinking the high prices in the UK have more to do with import tariffs or Brexit than “greedy old Paul.”

These all seem to be produced in Canada.

Whatever the reason, it is sad to see such high prices in the UK. Things are expensive enough.

WhatDoIKnow, intv7 and Mazzy like this.
  6. bward

bward Senior Member

I ordered Mc3 color vinyl box yesterday.

Udiscover is having a sale. With discount code of “summer2022” and free shipping, it came to less than $80.

So, about $25/album.

I don’t think this set is overpriced at all. If interested, I’d pull the trigger before the sale is over.

Essential? That’s another question.

Think of it as this year’s bundle of color vinyl (even though these already have other color vinyl editions).

And that Apple with color vinyl…..very cool.

Im still working, so I can swing it. Pretty soon that will stop. So, for now, I’m looking forward to getting this in August.

I love all three of these albums.

I get this isn’t for everyone, btw.

long gone john, intv7, Mazzy and 6 others like this.
  7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Really surprised this came out, original timeline was Sept/Oct of 2021 so to see it finally announced 8 months later after complete silence, I honestly thought they must have decided not to do it. Maybe more like hoping they wouldn’t do it.

Not a release that I have interest in as with no bonus materials, I already own all 3 albums. Unfortunately, this probably clogs up any future releases for 6+ weeks. I hope we see an Archive at some point this year

Floater and Oyster Boy like this.
  8. bward

bward Senior Member

Instead we got the Third Man yellow striped version last Fall.

Im wondering if supply chain issues pushed it back and that this box and 3rd Man yellow 2 were supposed to be issued at about the same time.

Even the Women and Wives 12” was delayed and that was a small press run.

9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I guess supply chain could be the culprit. Just know quite a delay from the original timeline I was given

Floater and bward like this.
  10. John Gill

John Gill Forum Resident

I've just got back, just to confirm it does have the FBI logo on the rear cover.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  11. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Well done for not picking up more and scalping. I missed out and would happily pay a little over the odds to cover transport and postage if someone in the UK would grab me a copy.

John Gill likes this.
  12. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

#1356 if anybody’s keeping track. My friend got #1357 because I was faster.

tug_of_war and John Gill like this.
  13. John Gill

John Gill Forum Resident

Thankyou, my record shop has one per customer rule on rsd items,unless he's got any stock left after, but I wouldn't anyway, I wouldn't call myself a true fan,just to sell it at a higher price. My record shop sold all 3 copies but if I come across one in Leeds I'll let you know. I know some record shops in UK struggled to get it in.

Paul H likes this.
  14. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Give this guy a ring….
    Revolution Records Selby

OobuJoobu likes this.
  15. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

He has 2 available going online this evening (as of about 1 hour ago)

16. They had a vip 30% sale too for sone regulars so $70. Not bad.

17. bward

bward Senior Member

Yes, Not a bad price at all. I ordered the color vinyl set on the promotion, and with free shipping it broke down to about $25/album.

Mazzy likes this.
  18. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

It appears that the Sound of Vinyl and udiscover 25% SUMMER2022 discounts ended by this morning.

Many thanks to @mrjinks for alerting us to this discount the other day. I rarely go through either of these vendors. But I couldn't pass up the deals this time. Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  19. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

I would love some new or unheard Paul music.

20. Sgt. Abbey Road

Sgt. Abbey Road Forum Resident

McCartney IV?
    ;)

Floater, Ringo Hendrix and Who Cares like this.
  21. TryioToast

TryioToast Forum Resident

I know we’ve moved on from discussing the albums contents - but first time listening to it since I was really into it on release. Stands the test of time, really great record.
    Also he must have silenced a fair few folk on here with his Glasto performance last night!

22. Ringo Hendrix

New theory: Coming Up was, perhaps only subconsciously, inspired heavily by Stevie Wonder's Sir Duke, which came out only a few years prior. The chaotic, fast arpeggios and upbeat, uplifting melody are what brought my mind to this and the fact that he started working with Stevie shortly after.

Could be wrong, but still interesting to ponder IMO.

Sgt. Abbey Road and Floater like this.
  23. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

He did this on Arrow on Back to the Egg

24. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Why subconsciously? He has always been a fan of Stevie's music, and yeah...moreso on Arrow Through Me".

Ringo Hendrix likes this.
  25. Ringo Hendrix

Good point, but I still feel Coming Up in its upbeat nature and lyrical content is more similar to Sir Duke.

And I didn't mean it HAD to be subconscious, just that it could have been.

Darrin L. likes this.