Paul McCartney - McCartney III (Dec 18, 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry Horne, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Paul Mcartney 3 sure has legs. I know in here no one dug it. But, wow, sure has turned into a career high with musicians and music fans. Such a great record. Best stuff since 1970.

2. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Of course it does...

:tiphat:

JDeanB, fer2, Sgt. Abbey Road and 3 others like this.
  3. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

A very underrated Paul tune. Not to knock John, but Paul VERY easily topped his creativity at the time. Whereas John was falling back on Beatles leftovers and his music wasn't particularly musically exquisite, Paul was bursting with creativity and new ideas. I love both Ram and Imagine, but comparing the blues numbers It's So Hard and 3 Legs, the former is generic to the genre and Paul made it his own with all the crazy changes mid song, ESPECIALLY at the end which is one of my favorite Macca moments ever.

BellaLuna, JDeanB, supermd and 11 others like this.
  4. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Best stuff since 1970, not what I hear.

5. I dug it. I dig it still.

6. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

Worthless, useless post incoming: so has there been any word of any sort that Paul has been recording anything new (be it for a new album or for the movie soundtracks he’s been working on), or releasing something that hasn’t been heard, or even if there’s a new archive collection coming out?

Lewisboogie and jeremylr like this.
  7. Bilbo Swaggins

Bilbo Swaggins Forum Resident

Paul was in the studio with Andrew Watt in 2021 and was recording in Capital studios this May. There’s no news on anything being released at the moment but there’s likely to be new music on the horizon.

JDeanB, fer2, Tord and 9 others like this.
  8. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I'm itching for some new music myself. But honestly I just consider ourselves lucky. Since the NEW era and the Kanye collab's we've gotten:

• In the Blink of An Eye
    • Egypt Station (14 new songs + 2 bonus tracks)
    • Get Enough
    • Egypt Station Traveler's/Explorer's Edition (2 new songs)
    • Home Tonight/In A Hurry
    • McCartney III (10 new songs + 1 new 90's song)
    31 songs!!! 4 years since Egypt Station's announcement!! (not to mention any new/unreleased recordings that came from Flowers In The Dirt or Flaming Pie archive, McCartney III Imagined, anything used as incidental music or anything that I have forgotten)

We have been spoiled beyond belief in this stage of McCartney's career with new music, the time between Memory Almost Full and NEW seemed like forever in comparison.

Ringo Hendrix, JDeanB, fer2 and 16 others like this.
  9. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

And there are also the various Grandude songs.

Ringo Hendrix and Who Cares like this.
  10. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

i really did NOT love it, maybe even didn’t like it except for a few moments, when it came out. It has grown on me a LOT and it definitely fits the “McCartney” trilogy.

Whoroger89 likes this.
  11. Geordiepete

Geordiepete Tippet tyer

Been a few months since I listened to it all the way through. Did today: still loving it!

12. JosepZ

JosepZ Digital knight of the analog masters

Not true, lots of people here loved it. Maybe it's just that those who hated it are way more noisy and opinionated? We all agreed about his voice though. Personally, I think the album is great.

13. JonBristol

JonBristol Forum Resident

New to this forum, as I noticed there's a lot of Macca chat so had to sign up!

Absolutely love McCartney III. It is the best of the trilogy for me. And one of his very best albums overall.

Was not expecting an improvement on Egypt Station, that I also love. But somehow Macca does it again

BellaLuna, Hep Alien, Eska68 and 17 others like this.
  14. omikron

Welcome to the forum!

15. JonBristol

Thanks, good to be here

Sgt. Abbey Road likes this.
  16. omikron

Beware of ABKCO and people named Arnold and you should fit right in.

Prudence1964, jmxw, supermd and 4 others like this.
  17. JonBristol

Ha! I have seen the name Arnold mentioned on here in the past when browsing different McCartney topics. Can't remember specific details

omikron likes this.
  18. bward

bward Senior Member

An amazing record, I love it start to finish
    McCartney is on an incredible late career run.
    I just picked up a vinyl copy of 2007’s Memory Almost Full and listened last night for the first time in a long time.
    It’s another career highlight.

19. JosepZ

JosepZ Digital knight of the analog masters

III is a very polarizing record for sure. I love it too, but there are lots of people here who either hate it with a passion or just discard it as a weak, inconsequential effort.
    I'm not sure about it being the best in the trilogy, but I think it's one of his best albums overall.

Sgt. Abbey Road likes this.
  20. dabl

dabl Senior Member

The Giles Martin Atmos mix gave the record a real refresh for me. Wow, fantastic.

21. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

It’s unbelievable

JDeanB and supermd like this.
  22. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Hope you enjoy your time here. It can get a little heated at times but there are enough great posters here with an amazing depth of knowledge that it's always worth hanging around.

Just remember that everyone here (EVERYONE) loves Bip Bop. ;)

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

McCartney III Atmos mix:

It really separates the instruments and vocals in a nice way, but they still feel cohesive. I felt like I was actually “in” the sound. Perfect use of rears to create a very enveloping mix. The rears are as active as the fronts. Oh, and you can actually crank it now. They’ve restored what sounds like full dynamic range. The mastering is great, too. The music can breathe! I can’t recommend this higher. This is a transformative experience!! I’m even going to go as far as say this is the best surround mix I’ve ever heard. Please, find a way to experience this album in Atmos. A most harmonic sound.

24. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

:laughup::biglaugh::crazy:

[... speaking as someone who enjoys a good Bip Bop... :cool: ]

edenofflowers likes this.
  25. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

A little Bip Bop here and there never hurt anyone. :D

JonBristol, JDeanB and jmxw like this.